Defensive Carry banner

HR 1022 On-Line Petition

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  INTJ 
#1 ·
I know we already have a couple of threads running on HR 1022, but I think this petition drive rates a separate thread.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348?ltl=1176610486

It's not necessary to register or log in, just click on "Sign Now". Check the "Anonymous" box if you don't want your name displayed in the public list. Either way, your physical & e-mail addresses will not be displayed in the public list. You can also choose to leave a comment.

Let's help them get their numbers up.

#5 ·
The bill was introduced by Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY). FYI, Ms. McCarthy is one of the leading gun-haters in the House. Ted Kennedy had nothing to do with it, but if it does make it to the Senate, he'll vote in favor of it. Take that to the bank.

If you think this bill has a chance of passing of "exactly nil", then you better pull your head out of the sand. Need I remind you which political party is in control of the U.S. Congress? Here's a hint: it's the party that advocates total disarmament of "we the people".

Make no mistake, HR 1022 is a serious threat to our gun rights. If it passes, President Bush, who is not particularly pro-gun, will more than likely sign it into law. Remember, he previously stated publically that he would have approved an extension of the Clinton AWB.

I assume you didn't sign the petition?

#4 ·
Signed a while back. If you want to keep track of this and other legislation, I would recommend checking out www.govtrac.us. Pretty decent site.
And heres the page for HR 1022: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022

Some interesting info, like who authored it, who co-signed it, and what stage its at in the process (reviewed, referred, voted on, etc..)

#7 ·
Signed.

#17 ·
Thanks to all who signed, but we can do much better, don't you think? We need to get the numbers up, way up! The petition will probably fall short of its goal, but every little bit helps.

Besides paying attention to their personal bank accounts, most politicians do pay attention to poll numbers.

#18 ·
#19 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Signed along with an email to my Congresswoman she is a Dem but maybe she will do the right thing.

#25 ·
Signed and added my $0.02

HR 1022, "Assault Weapons Ban" refuses to admit I have a personal responsibilty to provide for my individual safety. How can courts establish the general rule that police have no duty under federal law to protect me and mine and the legislature pass laws restricting my efforts to do so? The gun control debate is nothing more than a debate about control, not guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.