another "anti" video...

another "anti" video...

This is a discussion on another "anti" video... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; a friend of mine sent me these, thinking it was funny: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2022222221 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2022222314 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2022222314 looks like rosie o'donnell's version of sesame street, i guess......

Thread: another "anti" video...

another "anti" video...

a friend of mine sent me these, thinking it was funny:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2022222221

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2022222314

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=2022222314

looks like rosie o'donnell's version of sesame street, i guess...

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    That's gonna give me nightmares. I guess the Left is right. Gun control really IS the only way to prevent muppet violence...
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    wow, that's a find. It would be a lot funnier if this wasn't really how anti's think.

Ingorance seed...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    wow, that's a find. It would be a lot funnier if this wasn't really how anti's think.
    Yep. These are the same people who create thought- and speech-crime on college campuses, so that you can't use certain descriptive words without being expelled or ordered to go to "sensitivity training." But when it suits them (to make fun of NRA members), they throw around the radically anti-PC term "retard" like it's nothing.

For what it's worth, people with mental impairment, and their families, take strong offense to the terms "retard" and "retarded." It's like saying "dummy." BUT, when the left wants to ridicule gun owners, it's perfectly okay, apparently.

And then the idea that they support the shooting and killing of a criminal who has laid down his weapon . . . That's another subject altogether. I guess the left supports police execution of suspects.

Where are we, Brazil?!

VIP Member
    I was at a college library yesterday while my oldest was visiting campus, and I was fortunate enough to find a copy of Armed: New Perspectives on Gun Control by Gary Kleck and Don B. Kates. One of the essays therein noted that one of very few acceptable (to them) (I would say encouraged) bigotries of the national media is bigotry aimed at firearms owners.

The videos above just prove the point, I suppose--even to the extent that, in pursuit of vilifying firearms owners, it's okay to insult those whom it would normally be heresy to insult. (That is not okay, but I believe many gun prohibitionists would say that the end [vilification and marginalization of firearms owners] justifies whatever means are used.)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Ever tell an "anti" that they are closed minded and that there opinion is in line with the offical policies of the Nazi party and Stalin? You will see how open minded they really are...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Ever tell an "anti" that they are closed minded and that there opinion is in line with the offical policies of the Nazi party and Stalin? You will see how open minded they really are...
    They are only open minded until you disagree with them, then they want you silenced immediately.

Conversely, no matter how perverted what you have to say is, as long as it serves to undermine a conservative cause, they'll back you to the end.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

the anti's have a lot of time on their hands and sinse they don't have any thing worthwhile to do they make up stupid cartoons. These people are way low when it comes to IQ scores.

I do not believe those were produced by a liberal outfit.
    To me it's coming off more as reverse marketing propoganda.

The first clue is the liberal use of the word "retard".
    That term is old and dead in the liberal world like Kelvinator or t-totaller, you just don't hear people using it pretty much at all. Especially not amongst those who work in childrens education areas such as is the focus here.

Which leads to my next observation, the children.
    The children are exposed to danger and are actually shot and fall to the ground assumingly injured if not dead. That is an alarming thing to see from what is thought to be a liberal oriented program.

Which leads to my third thought, the audience.
    Who is the intended audience toward this effort? Obviously as per the subject matter and content it's not children even as the puppets are child like and the human in his one size too small shirt comes off as a friend to the children.
    Who is supposed to be watching this and absorbing the position? A liberal would not let his children watch this, I know I wouldn't. At the same time a liberal wouldn't watch this and take it seriously because it's completely moronic in tone, mildly offensive, and nevermind the sophomoric production quality.

I'm thinking this was put together by persons who thought they might be pulling off a sly one to add fuel onto fire as motivation for pro-NRA minded folks.
    Further as ridiculous as this was it's possible it might be some sort of 'viral marketing' ploy to seel anything be it from overly tight ugly shirts to shampoo which the human looked like he could use.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I do not believe those were produced by a liberal outfit.
    To me it's coming off more as reverse marketing propoganda.

I'm thinking this was put together by persons who thought they might be pulling off a sly one to add fuel onto fire as motivation for pro-NRA minded folks.
    Further as ridiculous as this was it's possible it might be some sort of 'viral marketing' ploy to seel anything be it from overly tight ugly shirts to shampoo which the human looked like he could use.

- Janq
    If I may interject my opinion...I really doubt it is anything more than a juvenile attempt at humor by some teens/young adults with nothing better to do. It's not good or acceptable enough to become a "viral video".

Just my two cents worth of thought.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Agreed...it's pretty much garbage, even for a viral marketing effort.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sponsored Links