Rep. McCarthy responds to the Virginia Tech shootings

Rep. McCarthy responds to the Virginia Tech shootings

This is a discussion on Rep. McCarthy responds to the Virginia Tech shootings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You knew it was coming so she can push that friggen bill. Damn I HATE agendas. When will these idiots learn? I am willing to ...

Thread: Rep. McCarthy responds to the Virginia Tech shootings

Exclamation Rep. McCarthy responds to the Virginia Tech shootings

You knew it was coming so she can push that friggen bill. Damn I HATE agendas. When will these idiots learn? I am willing to bet that if ONE of those students was armed, this idiot would have been taken down after the first few shots and most, if not all, of those people would be alive right now. Anyway, here it is...

Rep. McCarthy Statement on Virginia Tech Shootings
    Monday April 16, 2007

Today’s shooting in VA is most deadly campus shooting in US history

Earlier today, tragedy struck the campus of Virginia Tech. Young people just beginning to make their mark on the world have been killed in a senseless act of gun violence. Not only have they been robbed of their future, but society as a whole have been stripped of any future contributions they may have made to make our world a better place. My heart goes out to the families of those lost in this heinous act.

It has been more than a decade since meaningful legislation that would prevent gun violence has been signed into law. This pattern must change. For too long Congress has stood idle while gun violence continues to take its toll. The unfortunate situation in Virginia could have been avoided if Congressional leaders stood up to the gun lobby.

It is imperative that Congress acts now and to fully protect our homeland. It is reprehensible that it takes tragedies like today’s events for Congress to stand up and act. I offer my sincere sympathies to the families and will remain committed to passing common sense legislation to prevent further acts of gun violence.

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/?se...155&itemid=613
    CZ 75 PCR
    Glock 19

Administrator
    Well as I read it, McCarthy is taking the swiss approach. A rifle in every home, that ought to fully protect our homeland.
    "Just blame Sixto"

What drugs is this idiot taking that allows her so much time in neverland were crime & criminals don't exist.

Idiots like this would outlaw lifeboats because of the Titanic.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Assistant Administrator
    Legislation, legislation and more legislation - that's their answer to about anything - like it provides a solution

You cannot legislate against nutjobs - you cannot make all guns miraculously disappear by legislation. Implementation of existing laws can help but when will they get it, that it is impossible to legislate to prevent absolutely everything.

Ain't gonna happen.

What can be done is to make it more likely that honest people can defend themselves wherever they happen to be.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I think she just wants her name in the paper.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Not that it will do any good, but here is my letter.

Mrs. McCarthy,

As an American citizen, a Husband, and very proud father of a wonderful three year old young man, I have to wonder what is “common sense legislation” in regards to guns in America. The courts have ruled time and time again, that Law enforcement holds no liability for protecting the citizens of the great nation. The tragic deaths of students at Virginia Tech is hard for any American to take, but let us not forget Pearl Mississippi, where the asst principal brought the shooters rampage to an end over 4 minutes before Police arrived by retrieving his own weapon and engaging the shooter. Let us not forget also Appalachian Law School, where two students also retrieved weapons and ended a shooters rampage. We don’t have to imagine what will happen when a school is attacked and no one is capable of fighting back, we have seen it time and again.

Banning something is never going to be an effective means of fixing a problem. How much time, and resources have been put into trying to prevent the smuggling of drugs that were made illegal in this country (banned) decades ago, yet the DEA is still fighting strong the war on drugs. An old saying that is scoffed at by many, (when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns) is I’m sure to bring a chuckle as you read it. But does (when street drugs are outlawed, only outlaws will have street drugs) not ring with an air of truth. Can you tell me the difference.

Also, Tony Blair was just a few weeks ago pondering whether England should lower the age of mandatory jail time for possession of an illegal firearm. My understanding was England “banned” guns over a decade ago, shouldn’t that problem have been resolved by now.

We all have our beliefs, that is what makes this country great, and unique, but please think about the greater good that comes from citizens being able to protect themselves in there own homes, and as they go about there daily lives. It’s a far bigger debate that any ever waged over the 2nd amendment, It goes to the heart of every American citizen’s ability to peruse the American dream, and to feel safe, while knowing evil exist, bans disarm only the citizens who chose to obey the laws. This makes for a weak society, and only acts to embolden the criminals that pray on us all everyday.

Sincerely

Michael xxxxxx
    Richmond, VA
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erikd65 View Post
    The unfortunate situation in Virginia could have been avoided if Congressional leaders stood up to the gun lobby.
    How, exactly, I wonder? It seems to me that this guy already ignored more than a couple of laws already passed by Congress. One more certainly wouldn't have made a difference. Not to mention that the bill she's pushing would have no effect on the legality of the weapons he used, even if passed as written.

So what else in new !!! This will be the rally cry of all the left wingers,and Rosie, in a few days !! REMEMBER Virginia Tech !! The assault weopons ban of 2009 will be moved up to 2007.. No more HI-CAP mags..Even though he could have just reloaded more times..One armed student or facilty could have stopped this in a minute.. So don't look af the real cause blame the guns !! SOS !!

4my son that was a great letter to Rep. McCarthy.I would have also added that one of the Professors of engineering put his life on the line for a student by taking the bullet,but had he the opportunety to be armed on Campus he could have stopped this situation.

4my son that was a great letter to Rep. McCarthy.I would have also added that one of the Professors of engineering put his life on the line for a student by taking the bullet,but had he the opportunety to be armed on Campus he could have stopped this situation.Would Rep. McCarthy ban all Ford Mustangs because some they have been used to speed through intersections and mowed down 2 dozen people waiting for busses.

Sponsored Links