Center to prevent gun voilence??

This is a discussion on Center to prevent gun voilence?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This morning I was listening to Laura Ingraham on the radio. She had John Lott and a guy from the center to prevent gun violence. ...

Thread: Center to prevent gun voilence??

Center to prevent gun voilence??

This morning I was listening to Laura Ingraham on the radio. She had John Lott and a guy from the center to prevent gun violence. I don't remember his name, but anyway, this guy let the cat out of the bag.

John Lott told the truth about guns and public safety while the other guy spewed his anti jargon. When Laura pushed him to answer a question to the effect of 'could gun laws have stopped what happened at VT', his answer was "no, not as long as we have the second amendment in this country"

In other words, he was saying we need to repeal the second amendment if we want to stop "gun violence".

There you go. The real agenda slipped out. I tried to find a link or something, but unless your a subscriber to her site you can't access the archives.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not a secret that they hate the 2A and would like to remove it from the bill of rights. But they are playing a dangerous game. Alan Dershowitz of ACLU fame and open Liberalism said: "Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a safety hazard don't see the danger in the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

For what its worth Rosie O'Donnel said we have the change the constitution also. She is a nitwit but she has an audience. The 2nd amendment is the second of the bill of rights and it is an individual right as the rest of the ten amendments are. But lets talk about the first amendment, which is sacrosanct to these people who go after the Second with a vengence. Had the VT killer's record of psychiatric problems become public information then the gun shop in Roanoke, Va would not have sold him the guns. You will never get the gun grabbers to relent on one's privacy which is not mentioned in the constitution but which has been attributed to the First Amendment. We have no right to privacy even though I think it is pretty cool to have and I appreciate it. If I commit a crime in the privacy of my home, it is still a crime. Why do people insist that what you do in your home is hands off? Also why do we say that guns may not be sold to maniacs yet no one dare label anyone a maniac. It has no meaning. They interviewed the guy who sold Hui (Wee) the guns and he seemed like a reasonable man who told the people he often did not sell guns to people who acted irrational and Hui seemed normal . Obviously we must hire psychiatrists to screen people at every pawn shop and gun store in America to satisfy the gun grabbers. There are two hundred an fifty million guns in this country so if you make them illegal then what happens to them? Also there are competant people out there who could make more guns in an underground plant that could not be stopped. Europe and Great Britain have been denuded of guns and so has Japan by ruthless tyranical governments and still the criminals get guns and use them in these places all the time.Great Britain has as much gun crime as the US on a per capita basis. But the stupid gun grabbers keep at it. Rosie, by the way, admits her body guards carry guns. She thinks it is alright for superior people like her and her Hollywood pals to have armed guards. Where are mine? Can I help it if I can't pay out the money for protection? What a bunch of whinney hypocrites.
    Last edited by Sam Douthit; April 19th, 2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

How about China? China's government spokesman made some statement after the shootings to the effect that private citizens shouldn't own firearms, as is the case in China.

Sure, if you want to live in an authoritarian country which actively suppresses human rights! Remember Tianenman Square, where nonviolent, unarmed protesters were shot dead by soldiers? I guess that's what the anti-gun people want to turn this country into.

Links