"The Glock 22 - so named for the number of bullets that its magazine holds"..........

This is a discussion on "The Glock 22 - so named for the number of bullets that its magazine holds".......... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! I can't believe what people get away with writing: http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2007/04/18/71622 Second Amendment kills dozens in attack Virginia Tech senior Cho Seung-Hui spent a month's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Glock 22 - so named for the number of bullets that its magazine holds"..........

VIP Member

"The Glock 22 - so named for the number of bullets that its magazine holds"..........

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I can't believe what people get away with writing:
    http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2007/04/18/71622

Second Amendment kills dozens in attack

Virginia Tech senior Cho Seung-Hui spent a month's rent or so ($571) on an entirely legal 9mm-caliber Glock 19 handgun at Roanoke Firearms in Roanoke, Va., about 40 minutes east of the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg.

Just what kind of deadly weapon did an angry young English major like Mr. Cho have at his disposal?

The slightly larger Glock 22 - so named for the number of bullets that its magazine can contain - is the single most popular police sidearm used in the United States, according to years of national survey data.

Glock's Web site states that their pistols are "in use by over 65 percent of law enforcement," and the Federal Bureau of Investigation issues every one of its agents a Glock 22 or 23 upon graduation from its academy. American security patrols in Iraq also favor similar Glocks..........

..............See, what's great about America is that if you want to go on a killing spree, all you need are three forms of identification - a state I.D., a bank check and a phone bill, for example - and, after a minute-long instant background check, you're good to go, son.

Voila! A mass murderer is newly minted! You don't even have to tell the gun shop dude (much less the state of Virginia) why you need the 9mm, or 50 bullets! Let the bodies hit the floor, right?

Thirty-three of those bodies, including that of Mr. Cho himself, were found dead in at least four buildings on the Virginia Tech campus Monday morning.

"There wasn't a shooting victim that didn't have less than three bullet wounds in them," said Dr. Joseph Cacioppo of Montgomery Regional Hospital in Blacksburg......

Did the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protect the 32 innocent Americans gunned down this week? Or did the long-since-antiquated law fail them, and render them nothing more than breathing target practice for a pissed-off civilian?......

The second reaction is that the shootings could have been prevented by more stringent gun control laws, i.e. the banning of nonservice civilian handguns. This is to me the most sensible and inevitable conclusion one can make in the wake of such a bloodbath.

The third and most dangerous reaction is the pseudo-libertarian response that a more-armed citizenry could have better defended themselves against such an attack. ........

In a culture where 34 percent of Americans own firearms, men, women and children will continue to die facing the barrel of a gun.

It is sad that the innocent majority have to brutally suffer for the trigger-happy minority's mindless "right to bear arms."

Thirty-two bright young college kids are dead because of two devices that were designed to kill them. It's time we shot down the Second Amendment. Our lives depend on it, just as theirs did..........
    This is what we are fighting................

I'll answer to one of his questions:
    Did the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protect the 32 innocent Americans gunned down this week? Or did the long-since-antiquated law fail them, and render them nothing more than breathing target practice for a pissed-off civilian?......
    These young adults weren't protected by the Second Amendment, they were DISARMED by bureaucrats!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    AMEN, they weren't allowed to use their 2A rights
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    These young adults weren't protected by the Second Amendment, they were DISARMED by bureaucrats!
    Amen to that. What did I read somewhere, that 30 some people had handguns that day. But they were locked in their car b/c it was a "gun-free" zone. The families of the victims should sue the liberal morons who made that law. All it does is tell criminals where the easiest place to commit crime is.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    ummmmmmm a G22 only holds 15+1 I do know that for a fact since I just got my package of 10 brand new G22 mags from CDNN sitting on my desk at work as i'm typing this.....Did I miss something or when my teachers in Elementry school told me that after the #14 they really ment 22 was after 14 not the #15.

Mrs. Kruebable YOU LIER!!!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Senior Moderator
    Should some one tell them how wrong they are.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Difficult to respond to that kind of person as they don't listen to facts and truth. Funny thing about truth... it remains the truth whether someone believes it or not. This person is beyond reason and is fixated on emotions right now.

And dang... I'm taking my Colt M4 back because it only holds 4 bullets.
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

these victims are not the victims of the Second Amendment. They are the victims of a college who decided that the Second Amendment did not apply to them thus leaving them defenseless.

Man, I really want a Glock 30 if this is the case.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

i'm gonna run out today and buy a .45 colt. that must hold a whole lotta lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    these victims are not the victims of the Second Amendment. They are the victims of a college who decided that the Second Amendment did not apply to them thus leaving them defenseless.
    I would respectfully disagree. These are the victims of a madman... period. They were not killed by the 2nd amendment, they were not killed by idiotic college policy, they were not killed by an evil handgun that loaded, aimed, and fired itself. They were killed by an evil murderer who wanted a newsworthy suicide.

Adri Mehra doesn't want to know how to prevent this type of activity, he doesn't want to hear logical arguments, he doesn't want to be bothered with facts... he simply wants to feel safe. In his delusional world, a law that makes it illegal for us to own guns would make him feel safe.

He's an idiot, but there's no law against that. We simply need to make sure that _everyone_ knows he's an idiot, and that he has no idea what he is talking about. There's no use in arguing with the idiot, you can't win in a argument with a person that won't allow facts, logic, or reason into the conversation.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I need to get that Sig P239 I've been after.

Here is my reply to this guy, everyone should send a note to him:

Are you truly that blind to what you are saying? If just one law abiding citizen would have had a permitted concealed firearm that day at VA we would not have even seen it in the news. The funny thing is your info is all wrong. A glock 22 does not carry 22 rounds. And no amount of gun laws is going to keep the criminals from getting and using weapons against helpless people. That is what you are promoting is to make everyone helpless victims.

This happened at a place where guns were strictly banned. Did the criminal pay attention to that law, no! Why do you liberals continually think that the government's sole duty is to protect citizens when suit after suit has clearly stated that law enforcement does not have a duty to any one citizen. They are there to deal with what happens after the fact. Criminals will always have guns no matter how many laws are passed because that is why they are criminals they don't pay attention to the laws.

Some 400,000 crimes are committed with guns each year in the US this is reported daily but what does not get reported is the 2 million plus crimes that are stopped by law abiding citizens and legal firearms. What about what recently happened in Memphis, a man on the street pulled out a gun and started shooting many people would have been killed but two men with concealed permits pulled their guns on him and without firing a shot stopped him and held him until the police arrived. Why don't you write an article about how many lives were saved by that action? You can't because it would blow your entire agenda.

On the other hand our schools and colleges are teaching kids to be passive and do what the guy with the gun says. Why didn't someone or a few of the students attack him, he couldn't shoot everyone that came at him. Start teaching our kids to fight back for their lives, throw books, disorient the criminal and attack him to stop him.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I've got a P345! Now that would be heavy to lug around. lol

VIP Member
    Wouldn't top my Remington 870... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator

Post "Should some one tell them how wrong they are."

Don't you understand that they don't care if they are wrong?

Those types of people do not care about the facts.

They do not care an ounce of donkey spit about being truthful.

They do not care if they lie or not.

It's all about their agenda and the end justifying their means.

Being truthful does not fit into their ultimate long term goal and plan of a total ban and confiscation of all firearms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links