EDITORIAL: Shooting Tragedies - 2007 vs 80s or 90s

This is a discussion on EDITORIAL: Shooting Tragedies - 2007 vs 80s or 90s within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not a bad write-up! SOURCE: NewsFlashRadio.com EDITORIAL: Shooting Tragedies - 2007 vs 80s or 90s Having lived through the AWB and other events through the ...

Thread: EDITORIAL: Shooting Tragedies - 2007 vs 80s or 90s

Not a bad write-up!

SOURCE: NewsFlashRadio.com

Having lived through the AWB and other events through the Bush and Clinton administrations, and observing the knee-jerk reactions and hysteria following the various shooting rampages over the past three decades, I believe a new era in protecting the Second Amendment is unfolding before our very eyes. We are not only living in historical times, we are making history.

Whether the event was Stockton in 1989, or Richland in 1995, or Pearl in 1997, or Jonesboro in 1998, et al., the big difference I see in the way the pro-RKBA community has dealt with the anti-RKBA rhetoric in the past as limited to magazine articles and newsletters from the NRA, versus what we have today.... a massive on-line presence.

The mainstream media and political leaders have recognized the role the coverage of events on the internet by non-traditional "reporters" like DrudgeReport, NewsFlashRadio, LittleGreenFootballs, et al., as well as the thousands of forums.

Never before have I witnessed the response to a school shooting with television and newspaper coverage actually saying that if some of the victims were armed, they may have been able to stop the killer. Never!

I believe that everybody involved in protecting the Second Amendment that participates in these online communities, like GlockTalk, TheHighRoad, AR15., et al., that actually write their representatives, that spread the word about news polls, all deserve credit for changing the direction of the discourse following the latest unnecessary scene of mass violence.

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is protected by the Second Amendment, but it has taken the evolution of a true form of mass communication to provide the means to share information at a speed never before available which allows all of us to defend that Right with millions of voices. These millions of voices have proven they not only affect the financial health of anti-gun businesses, but have affected the campaigns of anti-gun politicians.

The struggle to educate a general public that has been brainwashed by decades of anti-gun propaganda is far from over. However, I believe the pro-gun community has made great progress and that achievement is due to the growth of the internet. All of us that live in a free society should be thankful for our un-restricted access to the internet and ability to research any subject matter we desire, unlike those that live in countries which restrict the freedom to access information the government claims are offensive.

While there will always be politicians in power that are opposed to having armed citizens, I believe the freedom of information available through the internet press will serve to protect not only the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, but all of our Rights.
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Pretty good. Let's hope we actually are heading into a time where a person's right to defend their own life is respected.

Good read and good points.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Great read. I love the internet. I never wrote letters before, now I write at least 5 to 10 every week.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Thumbs up Good Thinking

GREAT READ

Sponsored Links