Good RKBA Article!

Good RKBA Article!

This is a discussion on Good RKBA Article! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/..._bar_arms.html I found this article this morning and thought I'd share it with all. The last paragraph really sums it up very well: "Although some ...

Thread: Good RKBA Article!

Good RKBA Article!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/..._bar_arms.html

I found this article this morning and thought I'd share it with all. The last paragraph really sums it up very well:

"Although some may argue that prohibition of firearms ensures a civilized society, the opposite is actually true. The Second Amendment, which guarantees law-abiding citizens the right to bear arms, is the cornerstone of American freedom and independence. It was the intent of the founding fathers to provide American citizens with the ability and responsibility to protect themselves against crime and tyranny. The preservation of a civilized society and a secure democracy depends on a strong citizenry worthy of a government for the people by the people. Curtailing the right of citizens for self-protection violates their civil liberties. A free and democratic America depends on the protection of all of our rights under the U.S. Constitution."
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Nice site thanks
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Good Artice...LONG!...

...Local Efforts to Ban Guns

At the local level, Second Amendment rights are under attack by anti-gun lobbyists who focus on individual cities and states across the nation and attempt to use municipal actions to restrict Second Amendment rights. Methods include restrictive municipal regulations regarding guns passed by governing bodies, anti-gun ballot measures and government-sanctioned, police confiscation of firearms. Examples of each have occurred in Washington D.C., San Francisco and, shockingly, in post-Katrina New Orleans. No matter what rationale preceded these actions, all effectively suspended the right to bear arms guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution...

Some interesting facts, for sure...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links