Standing Firm in PA. !

This is a discussion on Standing Firm in PA. ! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just received this Email........... "Thank you for your rapid response on House Bill 760. This historic response of more than 12,000 individuals who replied ...

Thread: Standing Firm in PA. !

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Standing Firm in PA. !

I just received this Email...........

"Thank you for your rapid response on House Bill 760. This historic response of more than 12,000 individuals who replied to my website petition is instrumental in bringing a halt to any consideration of this legislation in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives before it ever gets started.

The swiftness and volume of responses that came in to my office has gotten the attention of the national press, as I was interviewed by the Associated Press on this matter last week. I was also called upon to participate in an NRA Radio Program on this issue on Friday, April 20th.

The provisions of House Bill 760 are, in my opinion, unconstitutional, impractical and simply outrageous. Without question, a requirement to register all firearms with the State Police, to submit to fingerprinting, to provide full home address and social security number or be guilty of a summary offense as House Bill 760 would require, is an example of the clear violation of the citizenís right to keep and bear arms. For any member to sponsor, cosponsor or support legislation that clearly infringes upon constitutionally identified and guaranteed rights raises a serious question as to whether this action violates the oath that Members took to defend and protect the citizenís rights as guaranteed in the Constitutions of the United States and of Pennsylvania.

House Bill 760 would not only impose a violation of our constitutional rights through invasive government requirements, it would also tax our right to own firearms through a $10.00 tax to be levied every year on each firearm.

On Wednesday, April 18, 2007, Representative Caltagirone, who is the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, was quoted in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. In reference to the House Bill 760 moving out of Judiciary Committee, Representative Caltagirone said, ďItís not going anywhere.Ē His decision has much to do with the responses from each and every one of you.

However, we must remain vigilant. This issue, while addressed for the moment, is sure to be brought up again in other legislation. Although we may have won the immediate battle, the war continues. I may need to call upon you in the future should other such egregious legislation be introduced. I will make every attempt to keep you updated on other attacks on our Second Amendment rights that may come before the legislature.

I want you to know that I will continue to work to protect your rights. Thank you for working with me on this front.

Sincerely,
    Representative Sam Rohrer "

----------------------

A small victory, But Victory nonetheless !

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

2. Remove Ads

got the same email just now, looks like we're gonna beat this thing!

Assistant Administrator
    I got same email today too.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I got it also
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Good to see you guys in my growing up days state are sticking together to fight. As you have read here, we have had to fight for everything we now have in Kansas. We took off the gloves and wore our fingers to the bone, sending letters to the politicians. 2 times we rose up and 2 times they overrode her highness, the gov. We will do it again if needed. Hope you all unite and whip their hind parts till they bleed. Don't give the anti's a chance to breathe. Never give up!!!
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Links