The 2nd

This is a discussion on The 2nd within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I found this on another site and thought it was worth spreading around. http://2valuable.blogspot.com/2007/0...l-we-need.html Tuesday, April 24, 2007 The Only Gun Control We Need A ...

Thread: The 2nd

The 2nd

I found this on another site and thought it was worth spreading around.
    http://2valuable.blogspot.com/2007/0...l-we-need.html

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
    The Only Gun Control We Need

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Gun control = Infringement

I am so sick of hearing cowardly blowhards in the news calling for "reasonable measures" to limit the second amendment. These "reasonable measures" are always complete gun control. I even keep hearing about the dangerous "military .22" that Cho used. Or, one of my favorites, "banning assault rifles like the 9 mm pistol."

I am glad to say that reasonable measures limiting the 2nd Amendment are already in place in each of the 50 states, Washington D.C., and every territory of this great nation. And these reasonable limiting measures do not infringe upon the 2nd Amendment.

What are they?

Unjustified homicide = felony
    Rape = felony
    Robbery = felony
    Assault = felony

And so on... No one may use a weapon (of any type) to violate someone else's freedom.

These are reasonable measures that do not infringe upon the 2nd Amendment. These reasonable measures are ignored by the criminal thug.

Anything infringing upon the 2nd Amendment (i.e. "gun control measures") are clearly unconstitutional and evil. They keep the law-abiding citizen from enjoying their Constitutional right (and responsibility) to self-defense , yet do nothing to cut down on crime.

2. Remove Ads

The gun control debate is about control, not guns.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post

Actually it is more about power. One has to have more power than I do to be able to gain control over me. And in this country, we, as a nation, have been voluntarily giving up power to the government a little at a time for quite a while. The good news is that the power that we give up can be taken back. It won't be easy but it is possible.

Ok, power control.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Exactly. Gain control over citizens' right to life and you gain power over their ability to live. It's the real right-to-life fight. And that must be defended at all costs, else this country will go down into an ungovernable morass of mob rule.

Ron Paul characterizes it well when he rightly shows government to largely be the taking of money from individuals in order to reapportion that wealth to others according to an agenda different than the original owner of the wealth. Rand and Orwell painted the portrait. The Founding Fathers warned of the severe risks, nearly 250 yrs ago. We're now here. It's that bad.

Agreed: Gun control should be about one thing ... how good your aim is in the direction of the person(s) attempting to take your freedom by force (rapists, muggers, murderers and the like). That'll do it.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; April 27th, 2007 at 08:50 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links