Update--Jim Webb's Aide (merged with original thread)

This is a discussion on Update--Jim Webb's Aide (merged with original thread) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SENATE STAFFER BUSTED FOR CARRYING WEBB'S LOADED GUN: Phillip Thompson, executive assistant to Senator James Webb (D-VA ), has been arrested by Capitol Hill Police ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update--Jim Webb's Aide (merged with original thread)

Webb's Staffer Arrested for Holding Webb's Gun

SENATE STAFFER BUSTED FOR CARRYING WEBB'S LOADED GUN: Phillip Thompson, executive assistant to Senator James Webb (D-VA ), has been arrested by Capitol Hill Police on Monday for 'inadvertently' holding the senator's loaded gun, according to a person close to the investigation. A Senate staffer reports that Thompson was arrested for carrying the gun in a bag through security at the Russell Senate Office building while the Senator was parking his car. Thompson was booked for carrying a pistol without a license (CPWL) and for possessing unregistered ammunition. Developing...

From Drudge Report. http://www.drudgereport.com/

Thought this was somewhat funny.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    WHAT THE @#^&#*@%*!#% IS WEBB DOING WITH A GUN IN DC?

We the common plebes, can't have one in DC, where does he get the right to carry?

a little more inf:
    "To our knowledge, this incident was an oversight by the senator’s aide. Phillip Thompson is a former Marine, a long-term friend and trusted employee of the senator. We are still awaiting facts," Webb Communications Director Jessica Smith said in a statement.

Thompson, a former military reporter based in Virginia, joined the senator's staff after Webb was elected to office in November. He travels frequently with the senator.

Handguns are illegal in Washington, D.C., but nearby Virginia allows residents to carry concealed handguns.

Webb told The Richmond Times Dispatch in December that he considers himself a "strong Second Amendment person" but said he does not carry a gun to work.

"I don't carry personally regularly. I shoot regularly. I like to have the option to carry, which is why I keep the permit," he said. "I value the opportunity to be able to protect myself, depending on situations. But no, I don't walk around with a weapon on me all of the time," he told the newspaper.
    this is from: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261368,00.html
    Last edited by goawayfarm; March 26th, 2007 at 04:42 PM.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    LOL SORRY thats funny I'm sorry just got a chuckle, I guess thats why if someone hands me something before I go through a metal detector I won't go through. I guess a refresher course in DC Law might be appropriate. Kind of like the whole thing down in Manassas with the MCPD.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; March 26th, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Lead Moderator
    This should get interesting!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    "Gun Control is getting your former-Marine staffer to carry it 'cuz you ain't got the cajones to admit you need it."
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

If you've ever said the words
    "Here, hold this. I don't want to get caught with it"
    you might be a redneck.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Anyone Else Would Be Going...

to the slammer, but he'll get off...by saying, "It wasn't my gun; I was holding it for the Senator?"

How does Senator James Webb (D-VA ) vote on 2A?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    How does Senator James Webb (D-VA ) vote on 2A?
    ret
    To early to tell......he claims to be PRO-gun....time will tell.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

"Stupid is as stupid does"
    Forrest Gump
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    To early to tell......he claims to be PRO-gun....time will tell.
    He's obviously pro-gun where he is concerned. For others...?

I predict that this matter will be glossed over and swept under the rug very quickly. After all, he is a Demoncrat in good standing. So what if he feels he needs a gun, and in D.C.? He is an elected official after all! Would you want him going around un-armed?

Now you on the other hand....you don't need a gun. You have all those cops running around to protect you.

The rules for everyone else do not apply to Demoncrats after all.....what were you thinking?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senator Webb is Very Pro-Gun

Webb is a dedicated pro-gunner. Same cannot be said for Kennedy whose bodyguards get into legal trouble protecting his fat butt.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He says he's pro-gun but has yet to honor his promise to reintroduce the Allen guns-in-national-parks bill.

WND reported that Congressmen are allowed to carry firearms on all federal property. No wonder they aren't jumping to help us mere citizens.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    He's obviously pro-gun where he is concerned. For others...?
    In the trial, I truly hope all involved get onto the witness stand and testify. It would be golden to have a Dem. formally get into the record that his rationale for carrying is the simple fact that it's the only true way to protect one's self on the instant of an attack.

"To our knowledge, this incident was an oversight by the senator’s aide.
    Carrying a loaded firearm in D.C. is an oversight? Sort of like saying that a BG's attack on innocents is an accident.

Frankly, I think there should be 100% mandatory carry of firearms in the Senate and House chambers. Perhaps they would be more polite and respectful of getting the people's business done correctly, and legally. Nah. Perhaps not. They're politicians. Died in the wool.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can't believe someone would be this stupid as to try and smuggle a gun past a check point. I wonder if the staffer knew what was in tne bag? I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links