D.C. specific mullings .

D.C. specific mullings .

This is a discussion on D.C. specific mullings . within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First off as the folks here know i support the 2nd. to a radical standpoint . Recently we all cheered when an appealiate court overturned ...

Thread: D.C. specific mullings .

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

D.C. specific mullings .

First off as the folks here know i support the 2nd. to a radical standpoint .

Recently we all cheered when an appealiate court overturned the DC " gun ban " and did it on the grounds of a 2nd amendment issue . Now what this means for DC and America as a whole will take some time to sort out . I ask you to step back a second while keeping our constitutional rights in mind . I ask you also to keep in mind that DC is not a state , and folks who live there chose or choose to live on a federal reserve ( just like an army base or a research facility on federal land ) .

In all the above rights are restricted and sometimes for a well thought out reason , other times just because its policy . I cheer as loud as any of us for the citizens of DC to regain , or be on the road to regain one of the basic civil rights that almost all of us enjoy .

Now its accepted that none of our rights are absolute ( you cant yell fire in a theater , and even among gunowners a " brady " check is seen as reasonable ) , and with that in mind i would ask should residents of DC have CCW abilitys ? Keep in mind that DC is a " wet dream " of a target rich environment for every kook in the world , and the assassination of a minor person in the scheme of the world started WW1 .

Anyway comment as you can or will , I just thought it would be an interesting thread and thought process to explore .
    Last edited by P95Carry; May 1st, 2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Para's!
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Yes.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

If they are willing to sacrifice a few of themselves on their own streets,each year, I could care less. Infringing on my ability to defend self and family is my interest. Interestingly enough, it was less trade, and more a small matter of human sacrifice that led the Romans to leave no two stones standing, in Carthage........

Yes.

"Woman Raped At Knifepoint While Daughter Held Nearby"
    http://www.nbc4.com/news/11537806/de...subid=10101441

Weekly people are being preyed upon, injured, or killed because they fear legal pain & penalty greater than that of predators and/or death.
    It's a damn shame that people even have to make that kind of choice muchless be denied a choice at all.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

From a "Neighbor" of D.C.

I live close to the area known here as NoVA (Northern Virginia) and sometimes have to cross the river into the District or even (gasp!) into Maryland. I avoid going to either one as much as possible, but sometimes it can't be avoided.

I am, not just "feel" but AM, so vulnerable at those times that I can hardly stand it. We all need nationwide recognition of all state's permits everywhere in the country. And I don't feel that any federal, state, or lacal government property is sacred and should have different regulations.

Anti's try to use the argument that we license cars and drivers, so they want to license us right out of existence (or is it just our firearms and 2nd Amendment rights they want to erase from existence, I get so confused listening to them!) We have the same argument from our perspective - driver's licenses and car tags are recognized the same in every state, so why not our CCW permits. Are there special places we can't take our cars in D.C. What kind of logic is that? Traffic laws are the same from state to state.

Just imagine the havoc it would create if every community could make up their own color choice and meanings for traffic signals. I say let's try that for a while and see how it works out. Of course, elitist legislators and entertainers would be free to ignore whatever they felt like ignoring. Sounds familiar...
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Links