Chicago confiscation of legal firearms (you may be next) - Page 2

Chicago confiscation of legal firearms (you may be next)

This is a discussion on Chicago confiscation of legal firearms (you may be next) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mr. Charlton Heston is rolling in his grave right now. I must have missed his obituary. I wonder if Mr. Heston knows he died....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago confiscation of legal firearms (you may be next)

1943 - 2009
    Mr. Charlton Heston is rolling in his grave right now.
    I must have missed his obituary. I wonder if Mr. Heston knows he died.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Administrator
    Can this be verified???? This story is huge if it is factual, but I'm not going to get excited until I know its true.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Can this be verified???? This story is huge if it is factual, but I'm not going to get excited until I know its true.
    Whether this story is true or not, I still think that Daly and crew need to be reintroduced to the Bill of Rights.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    Whether this story is true or not, I still think that Daly and crew need to be reintroduced to the Bill of Rights.
    I cant disagree with that! I've been looking around, the CAGE unit does exist, but every story about them is the one posted in this thread. What its advertised mission is not so bad, but we all know that has to be a load of BS. I'm just wondering how much is hyped up nonsense and how much is truth.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Crimes against the Constitution. One would think there would be a special 24x7 court created just to prosecute and punish offenses for this category of white-collar crime. Elected officialdom gone sideways, without an ounce of concern over the legality of their totalitarianism.

That's called tyranny, pure and simple. It's criminal and treasonous. And it's ignored as if it makes no difference, 'cause at least it's "something being done."

Gov't hacks and functionaries are destroying this country's pillars. And we're letting them do it.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Heres the link to the Mission Statement I think Sixto refered to,

Cage Unit's mission

It is on the D.O.J. web site.

Still looking for another reporting of these alligations though.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Here's an article from 2002, It talks about several other programs also, but the one in question is first on the list.

Revenge of the gun haters

Dr. Michael S. Brown
    web posted February 25, 2002

Politics and public opinion may have turned against the anti-gun lobby, but their burning hatred for guns and gun owners hasn't cooled. Laws passed during the anti-gun witch hunts of the 1990's provide them with a satisfying way to take punitive action against harmless gun owners.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, which may be one reason it had more murders than any other American city in 2001. Mayor Richard Daley often unleashes verbal attacks on the gun industry to distract attention from his failure to address the real causes of crime.

The Chicago Anti-Gun Enforcement (CAGE) Task Force was formed under the pretense of interdicting illegal gun running to Chicago gangs. The task force has obtained unprecedented access to federal gun purchase records and is compiling a list of gun owners in the region who may be in violation of complicated state gun laws. CAGE officers have already begun to appear at the homes of honest gun owners, whose papers are not in order, to confiscate their firearms.

Ryan
    Illinois Attorney General Jim Ryan has staged questionable sting operations in which ordinary citizens are given false information about gun laws, then enticed into selling guns to undercover agents without completing the proper paperwork. It is no coincidence that Ryan is running for governor.

In Maryland, the state's rabidly anti-gun attorney general issued a creative new interpretation of a 1996 court decision regarding which persons are disqualified from gun ownership. State police are denying permits and confiscating firearms from people with minor convictions that are decades old.

A popular neighborhood activist who received a "Citizen of the Year" award in 2000 was recently denied the gun permit he needed for his job as a private detective and security guard. His only offense was a scuffle with an anti-war fanatic in 1969. Maryland state policemen appeared at the home of another good citizen to confiscate his guns when it was discovered that he had a minor 1983 conviction for a shoving match over a disputed property line.

In California, gun owners are bewildered by new laws that make certain firearms illegal to own. Unfortunately, officials do not agree on which guns are banned, leaving gun owners fearing arrest under laws that can be selectively enforced.

In each of these cases, it is painfully obvious that real criminals are not affected. Self-serving government officials are targeting ordinary citizens, because they are easy targets for action that appeals to the big-city media. It is much more difficult to prosecute real criminals and the inner-city nature of most crime makes for politically incorrect arrests. We can also speculate that these efforts are intended to extract a measure of revenge for the rout of the anti-gun lobby.

At the national level the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, known as ATF, controls every one of the nation's licensed firearms dealers and has long been criticized for overzealous enforcement by gun rights activists. In order to comply with changes in federal gun laws, ATF quietly decided to change the standard gun registration form that has been used for years. Beginning on February 19, 2002, no sales would be approved unless they were recorded on the new forms.

Not only were many dealers unaware of the change, someone "forgot" to send out the forms. Retail gun sales came to a screeching halt across the country. The new forms were eventually provided, but there was no way to replace the retailers' lost revenue or the time lost by thousands of lawful buyers. Folks at the Brady Campaign probably had a good laugh.

None of these situations would have occurred without the laws passed in the emotional anti-gun frenzy of the last decade. These laws now provide mean-spirited, anti-gun politicians and bureaucrats with many ways to seek revenge against the gun owners who dared to fight for their rights in recent elections and public opinion battles.

In the long run, these moves will backfire as more people realize how far the absurd reality of gun law enforcement varies from the utopian intent.

Dr. Michael S. Brown is an optometrist and member of Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws. E-mail the author at rkba2000@yahoo.com.
    The Link
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    I must have missed his obituary. I wonder if Mr. Heston knows he died.
    Huh, I though he died...Sorry Mr. Heston!

There was a thread about this some ways back. I think it was this one, although the original link was removed after the OP realized it was more than 5 years old.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...hlight=chicago
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    I've have better smelling loads of crap after white castle.

wow, that's a 10 on the nasty scale...

If the people of Chicago voted him into office they deserve what get.

VIP Member
    Hey I think I'll go to Chicago for my next vacation and walk amongst the flowers with no worry of gun violence. When law abiding citizens dont have guns, its gotta be safe. Great strategy Illinois.

Why do any law-abiding gun owners still live in that hellhole of a city? There's 49 other states to live in that aren't as bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links