Appeals court refuses to rehear Parker! - Page 2

Appeals court refuses to rehear Parker!

This is a discussion on Appeals court refuses to rehear Parker! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's a good question. I guess someone would have to become a D.C. FFL and transfer them in. Are there any D.C. FFLs??...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appeals court refuses to rehear Parker!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    That's a good question. I guess someone would have to become a D.C. FFL and transfer them in. Are there any D.C. FFLs??

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    My only problem with this. Where are DC residents going to buy Handguns? You have to purchase handguns in the state that you are a resident of. So who will they get them from?
    I've heard there are a couple of places that sell to LEOs that live in the district, but with the ban there are no gun shops intended to sell to civvies. This could be a profitable oppurtunity if someone's got an FFL and wants to bet on the Supreme Court affirming the decision. Rent some space, stock some guns, and be ready to sell the day the decision comes down.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I wonder how many "I'd-really-rather-not-sell-a-gun-to-this-guy" types will be coming in to such a store in the initial days. . .

Down here in south Florida -- at least according to the ultra-left major newspapers, anyway -- there have been reports of undesirable types ("gangstas," biker gang members) obtaining CCW licenses. The groups ostensibly get their non-felon members to get the shall-issue licenses. Recently there was a case of some biker guy getting beat up outside a bar, and when the cops came, a number of members of the other group (alleged to have beaten him up?) were found to be in possession of guns and licenses to carry them. I'm not sure (the stories didn't cover it, gee surprise) whether those people were in any trouble for having been carrying at a bar. Could be that the place they were talking about doesn't qualify as prohibited because of the percentage of food it sells.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that at least as far as some reports go, the not-so-good-guys seem to be catching on and getting themselves CCW'd-up! Not good.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Guys , i have a different take on this . The appeals court already heard it and made a sweeping decision that applys to that federal district ( the three judge panel ) the " en blanc" hearing of the full panel of judges for the district has been denied ) . This leaves the " gun grabbers" two choices , either abandon the dc gun ban ( which will leave the rest of the country as it is , being only effective in that Judicial district ) or appeal it and go for a supreme decision . If they go for a supreme decision i give it a 60% chance or so that the supremes will " give cert " and hear it immediately , returning a decision somewhere mid to latter next year ( sometime in the july/aug range. IMHO if it is appealed to the supreme , with the makeup of the court today there is a better than 50% chance that the supreme will uphold the individual right interpretation of the 2nd . The grabbers know this , and imho will abandon all apeals , and in fact attempt to revoke the dc gun ban while restricting within the " reasonable " clause cited in the original decision . Had they been able to get an en blanc hearing , they might have won , but none the less would have had another chance , by it being denied its a roll of the dice for all the marbles , and i am sorry but i dont think they have the " marbles " for that roll of the dice right now . Its a step foreward in another judicial district that we can build on , but we cannot celebrate too much yet nationwide . If they are stupid enough to appeal it, and the supreme gives cert , and the decision goes our way , well we may well be able to modify if not eliminate the NFA , GCA68 , ect . we do live in interesting times lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I agree. I think the anti's know that they can't get a decision in their favor from the current Supreme Pizza Court. W has done a nice job getting constructionists appointed.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links