I hope this is no more than media hype

This is a discussion on I hope this is no more than media hype within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA Investigating Reports of Firearm Confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas! The National Rifle Association has received a number of unsubstantiated reports of ongoing firearm confiscations in ...

Assistant Administrator

NRA Investigating Reports of Firearm Confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas!

The National Rifle Association has received a number of unsubstantiated reports of ongoing firearm confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas.We are currently gathering as much information as possible to verify these claims. If the reports are true, your National Rifle Association will act swiftly to correct this injustice and stop any unconstitutional gun confiscations.

Read More: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=2953

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    found this

http://publicola.mu.nu/

Did Nagin Move to Kansas?
    It's a little early for him to be running from hurricanes. However, this statement from NRA is a little alarming.

The National Rifle Association has received a number of reports of ongoing firearm confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas.

We are currently gathering as much information as possible to verify these claims. If the reports are true, your National Rifle Association will act swiftly to correct this injustice and stop any unconstitutional gun confiscations.

If you have any information regarding gun confiscations in Kansas, or know any law-abiding citizen who has had their firearms confiscated, please contact NRA immediately at 1-800-392-8683. Thank you.

What? In Kansas? Now, it's important to keep in mind that these aren't confirmed reports. But, if there's any truth to them, I have no doubt there will be political hell to pay. It's important to not over react until we have a confirmed case. (Cross posted from The ***** Girls.)

UPDATE: Listen to Cam's show online tomorrow. Someone from the area seemed to call (sorry, a little distracted while it was on since I'm talking to Sebastian) and say that it's not like Katrina-style confiscations. Apparently, as they dig through rubble and come across guns, they are tagging them and marking the location where they are found and taking them for storage. For the safety of everyone involved, I don't think it's unreasonable. Of course, that's only based on how it's being conducted and how easily they return them.

Posted by Bitter at 04:45 PM | Comments (2) | TrackBack (0)
    If this is the case, I don't think it's a problem, provided the guns are returned as their owners (the owners of that property) come forward.

What can you do if a gun is found lying around like that. I'm glad to see the update. I just hope they go back to the owners as soon as possible.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    IF they are lying around and in rubble then they do need to be gathered up. They also need to be returned to the owners.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Links