Anti-gunner's tasteless decision after VA Tech slaughter

This is a discussion on Anti-gunner's tasteless decision after VA Tech slaughter within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article at Fox news tells of a guy who registered web domain names that would be related to the VA Tech slaughter in hopes ...

Thread: Anti-gunner's tasteless decision after VA Tech slaughter

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

This article at Fox news tells of a guy who registered web domain names that would be related to the VA Tech slaughter in hopes of selling them off later. Since he's anti-gun, he stocked them with anti-gun stuff. What a loser!

Loser anti-gunner story

BLACKSBURG, Va. — When Fred McChesney heard about the Virginia Tech shooting spree on April 16, he was appalled. But what he did next has appalled many others.

Within hours of the rampage, the Phoenix man began buying dozens of domain names — CampusKillings.com, VirginiaTechMurders.com, SlaughterInVirginia.com — in the hopes of selling them later to the highest bidder.

McChesney, 48, said he saw it as an opportunity to show his contempt for firearms by featuring anti-gun content on the domains he is selling.

He also saw it as an opportunity to cash in.
    McChesney, who has been "hugely anti-gun" since his brother shot him in the face with a BB gun when he was a child, said he hopes to use some of his domains to draw attention to what he calls an epidemic of gun violence in America.
    Sure it wasn't "shot him in the BRAIN"?

"Uh, my brother was a moron, and my parents had no control over our behavior, so I'll take it out on the guns."

His experience is part of "the epidemic of gun violence"? Well, did he press charges against his brother and have him arrested for aggravated battery? Probably not. Too easy to blame the gun.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    What a loon. Fortunately, most people aren't going to want to pay good money to be associated with VT. Anti-gunners can get their message out just fine using domain names that aren't disrespectful.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

The sick thing is, the guy doesn't think there's anything wrong with his actions! (or with his anti-gunness, for that matter)

my brother and i usedta shoot each other with BB guns. only thing it taught me to hate, was missing the target....

this guy is justa loser trying to make a buck.

my buddy, Kharma, will make a call eventually, im sure.

:p

that's too bad that it was a bb gun instead of the real mccoy. this guy would be out of the gene pool now. sick dude!
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Lets hope he blows all his money on these and no one buys them from him.

People like this give pond scum a bad name.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Lets hope he blows all his money on these and no one buys them from him.

That's what I was thinking is almost certain to happen.

It's not hard to add just a tiny little thing, something nonessential, to a web domain name to make it into something that no one has yet claimed. I mean, yeah, it's more desirable to have "JohnSmith.com" but if you had to, put in the middle initial, or add "mr." to it or something, and you've done an end-run around the jerk who tried to hold it hostage from you.

Lead Moderator
    Seems a sick and rotten way to try and make a buck. Who does he think he is a major news network?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

This is the reason:
    He also saw it as an opportunity to cash in.
    This is the rationalization:
    said he hopes to use some of his domains to draw attention to what he calls an epidemic of gun violence in America.
    The anti-gun red herring that the news focuses on only serves to validate this turd's actions.

Links