Just one person

Just one person

This is a discussion on Just one person within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found it in another forum As I think more and more about the events of Monday, April 16, I can't get that thought out of ...

Thread: Just one person

VIP Member

Just one person

Found it in another forum

As I think more and more about the events of Monday, April 16, I can't get that thought out of my head.

We are often told how "just one person can make a difference" to the environment or in our community. We are told that "just one person's vote can make a difference."

We all know it's hogwash. It takes thousands of "just one person" so make a difference globally, nationally, or even locally.

But in those classrooms and residence halls in Blacksburg, Virginia, Just. One. Person. legally licensed to carry a pistol could have made all the difference in the world to 32 people.

Just. One. Person.

In Omaha over the weekend, two armed gremlins abducted a woman, took her to a park, raped her, and then set the car on fire with her in it.

Who was there to protect her from these thugs? Not the police. Not her husband/boyfriend/girlfriend. Not her father. Not her city councilman.

Just. One. Person.

In Kentucky over the weekend, an 82-year-old former Miss America balanced herself on a walker with one hand and defended herself with her .38 with the other hand. What on earth was this 82-year-old woman doing challenging these thugs? What was she thinking?

Just. One. Person.

Since the attacks at VA Tech last Monday, the collective testicular fortitude of the modern American has been challenged. At what point, many columnists and bloggers have asked, did the United States turn into a nation of cowards? When did we become so afraid of offending someone
    or of standing up to someone that it became acceptable to roll over and accept death at the hands of a madman?

What has this once great nation of pioneers, cowboys, adventurers, explorers....warriors... become?

I thought we had seen the light in the post-Sept. 11 accounts of the heroics on United Flight 93. Instead of placidly sitting there, afraid of getting cut, passengers stormed the terrorists. In the end, the sacrifice of these brave souls saved countless lives as that flight's
    intended target was likely either the White House or Congress.

I thought, mistakenly apparently, that this nation had learned its lesson and would "never forget" the spirit behind "Let's Roll."

I, as was many, very, very wrong.

We have been told far too many times that the best thing to do when attacked is to instantly surrender. We have been told when a rapist strikes, to give in or offer a condom. We are told when faced with our own death, the best action is inaction.

Enough.

From here on out we must commit to a policy of action not inaction. We must realize, understand, then accept that no one is responsible for our safety but ourselves. The police do incredible work, but they are a response and recovery unit there to pick up the pieces after the crime. I am always looking out for my wife's safety, but I am not with her 24/7.

Who is ultimately responsible for our safety?

Just. One. Person.

Read that. Retain that. Remember that. Repeat that.

Just. One. Person.

When you are contacting business owners about their "gun-free" stores, let them know the power of Just. One. Person. Remind them of the evil that could be prevented by Just. One. Person. Ask them to imagine themselves in a VA Tech classroom or a NASA office or a Texas cafeteria as a madman with a gun is shooting the unarmed. Ask those business
    owners if, in that situation, they would still be as nervous if Just. One. Person had a firearm with which to fight back.

When your political leaders are trying to further restrict and deny your right to a firearm, you tell them about Just. One. Person. Remember the power of Just. One. Person. Don't expect others to battle back against unjust laws. Don't rely on the NRA or the RKBA (Right to Keep and Bear
    Arms) or the GOA (Gun Owners of America) to protect your rights.

Just as with the rapist, murder, or terrorist, no one can protect you from the politicos but you. If everyone remembers the power of Just. One. Person and takes on oppression, then we become a very, very powerful force.

Just. One. Person.

Three fairly small words. One massively important concept.

Repeat these words as a mantra. Instill these words into your vocabulary. Find strength and inspiration from these words. Use these words as motivation, as response, as a touchstone, as power. Spread these words as one would spread a gospel. Share these words as one would share joy.

Go out to the world today with a fresh outlook. Enter the world as Just. One. Person.

Stop relying on others. Stop being soft. Stop giving in. Stop hoping a problem will become someone else's.

Start being Just. One. Person.

Be strong and proud to say "I am Just. One. Person. and I WILL stand up against whatever you bring to me!"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Awesome!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Spot on Miggy,

Excelant Post.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member
    Great read.

Where did it come from?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    excellant read

Just. One. Person.

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That is a very good post. That guy deserves a pat on the back.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

great read
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Lead Moderator
    Good points!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I'm reminded of a favorite qoute of mine from a blog by Bill Whittle:

"But the fact remains that firemen went up the stairs when people were coming down, and one ordinary group of people on an ordinary flight on an ordinary day defeated the very best that the global terror network could put together. Our ladies junior varsity squad whipped the living **** out of their Super Bowl A-team over Pennsylvania that day, and they did it because for one brief shining moment enough passengers on that airplane went Grey."

Amen, Miggy. Stay armed.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I dig it
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Thumbs up Thank You!!

Outstanding post. I'll pass it on.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    Good article. No one will help you if you won't help yourself.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

pax
    Linky?

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Good post Miggy!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Sponsored Links