Am I dreaming?

This is a discussion on Am I dreaming? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Miggy I am afraid to ask and wonder but, is it that our message is coming across in this new age. Conventional ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I dreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I am afraid to ask and wonder but, is it that our message is coming across in this new age. Conventional wisdom dictates that after V-Tech we should be flooded with draconian anti-gun legislation. A decade ago we would be discussing how to stash our high cap magazines, save on reloading stuff and brace ourselves for the onslaught. But I have seen more pro-gun laws passed at an accelerated rate and I am almost like afraid I am dreaming this.

I know we are in the digital era plus the information superhighway era and that the Old Media is not adapting due mostly to political leanings (and losing power little by little) but still seems unreal that the voice of reason is being heard loud and clear.

I am guessing that in this new age there is nothing more dangerous to a politician's career that an electronic grassroots with the power to get info and to be heard by independant means and the old traditional power to vote.

I think people realize that we ar at war with Islam and it is for real and for keeps and it is only a matter of time until it comes to our soil on a daily basis. We NEED our firearms, more now than ever before.

2. Remove Ads

I think the elected "gun grabers" are just staying low until after the election. I see enough of the liberal ilk in other rooms baying about gun control to think it is a dead issue to politicans.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    The Dems are "gunshy" (pun intended). It was the issue that lost them control in the mid 90's. They are slaves to the vote and they realize that the majority of Americans are for guns. They are too scared to move on this, even in light of VT.
    There are also more pro-gun Democrats these days.

And to claim that politicians are "slaves to the vote" is like saying "contractors are slaves to building materials." All of them are responsible to their electorate. It ain't just Democrats.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I think people realize that we ar at war with Islam and it is for real and for keeps and it is only a matter of time until it comes to our soil on a daily basis. We NEED our firearms, more now than ever before.
    I'm not at war with Islam, nor has the United States government declared such. If we are, we have a strange way of prosecuting it. If you wish to say Islamic terrorists, then I'd agree, although we still have a strange way of prosecuting it.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I'm not at war with Islam, nor has the United States government declared such. If we are, we have a strange way of prosecuting it. If you wish to say Islamic terrorists, then I'd agree, although we still have a strange way of prosecuting it.
    They are at war with you. Open your eyes. Or don't. It will be on the streets of America soon enough and then you will see the real agenda, Islam does not tolerate christianity or anyone not profesing loyalty to islam.

There's an article in the NRA's 'First Freedom' that discusses how Shumer, Bloomberg, et.al. are working on a way to use the RICO racketeering laws against firearm dealers and owners. This would essentially negate what was gained with the McClure-Volkmer Firearms Owners Protection Act. Haven't really studied it yet, but the general gist of the article made it sound like the racketeering law could be used against you even if you only belonged to a gun club, NRA, etc. It certainly bears checking into it further and keeping a sharp eye on the traitors. Course it looks like Bloomberg may try to buy his way into the Presidency by stating that he is willing to put up 1 Billion Dollars to make his run.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    They are at war with you. Open your eyes. Or don't. It will be on the streets of America soon enough and then you will see the real agenda, Islam does not tolerate christianity or anyone not profesing loyalty to islam.
    Some Islamists. But we stray waaaaay off topic. I'll stop here. We know where this discussion leads.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Some Islamists. But we stray waaaaay off topic. I'll stop here. We know where this discussion leads.

some = millions = threat

My colleague Robert Spencer writes in "Islam vs. Christianity: The Age-Old Conflict Continues" that Americans need to wake up to the fact that not all religions or their followers share the Western values of tolerance.

Indeed, more Americans are waking up to this. A poll released last month by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life and the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press showed 44 percent of the American public now understand that Islam is more likely than other religions "to encourage violence among its believers." Only a quarter of Americans realized this in March 2002.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/104356.shtml

one more:

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/Jihad050307

"We’re talking about professional Muslim men, mosque leaders, leaders within our communities who are actually helping young men train for the eventuality of urban combat. They know what they are doing, yet they lie right to our faces about these activities… and we’re told by our supervisors that we have to accept what they tell us at face value when they know damn well they are lying." This federal official also added that they have to be cautious about what they write (in terms of reports, investigative files), and are told to write them as if they would be given to the local mosque. "In some cases, I think they are [showing Muslim leaders sensitive files]."

We DO have an internal enemy in this country that people, both civilian and politician, refuse to identify as a true problem...one that is growing right under our noses...

This country is being set up for an explosion of violence...check out England, Spain, France...not to mention the obvious Mid-East scenarios...and so many other places around the globe...we ARE at war...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    It would not surprise me one bit to see major international gangs like MS13 being trained and/or geared by terrorist organizations. Frightening? Yes. Something to think about? We have to.

Don't underestimate Schumer, Feinstein and Kennedy. They are waiting for their moment to act. Steve48

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Don't be fooled with political BS. The only reason the dirt bags in DC are not jacking with anti gun rules now is because there is an election coming up. This is a big plus for the lets protect our borders movement now too. But look out, once the elections are over we are all fair game again. Of course this isn't keeping Bush, Chaney (and his secret talks with the oil industries) from jacking up gas prices. Politicians, bought and sold like pigs going to market by big corporate America.

And why is it that minority's are the only ones who can borrow money from the SBA to start a business? Many years ago me and my brother (separately) were told if we were not of a minority we were wasting our time trying getting a loan to start a business.

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss the anti-gunner one bit; I think they are biding their time to "strike." Meanwhile, they chip away bit by bit....I foresee further calls to close the FTF transaction "loophole" and further attempts to ban .50 caliber and semi-automatic (mis-named as "assault weapons") rifles, and magazines above ten rounds.

Let's see how it goes after the 2008 presidental election.
    I agree whole heartedly with srfl's statement. I think the anti-gunner's are just biding their time. Kansas just passed HB2528 that precludes municipalities from usurping state law by adding their own restrictions on concealed carry. However, we have several state senators that have openly stated they will work to repeal concealed carry laws within Kansas. That alone tells me that the politicians, not all mind you can and will, if given the opportunity, attempt to take from us that which we have worked hard to achieve.

The workings on a national level with HR1022 show me that the politicos might in fact be gun shy, but they will still attempt to restrict our rights given the correct climate.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links