"Armed with the Truth" by Fred Thompson - Page 2

"Armed with the Truth" by Fred Thompson

This is a discussion on "Armed with the Truth" by Fred Thompson within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier ...I may well change my party affiliation from Republican to Independent. Did that at the last election. Neither party serves the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Armed with the Truth" by Fred Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    ...I may well change my party affiliation from Republican to Independent.
    Did that at the last election. Neither party serves the nation anymore. The Patriot Act really soured me to the Republican Party. I'll still vote in the election reguardless, but no one party has my automatic vote.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Our country is undergoing a hangover from to many corrupt Incumbents and presidents. The minute we vomit them out the sooner we'll feel much better(Its the dry heaves I hate the most).

Both parties are one in the same. They just follow the money instead of protecting our freedoms. Everyone should read 1984 it's happening and you can see it everywhere and in almost every comment.

No finance reform and No term limits are a very bad thing.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

If Fred Thompson runs for president he has my vote.

Good points being made here.

There is an aspect, however, that is below the radar, and I am not even sure it is a valid aspect. Some years ago when I was investigating the constitutionality of the government's taxing authority, I came across a distinction regarding what is known as "The United States of America." There were at least three if not four entities under that name!

What we commonly consider "The US of A" to be is the individual, sovereign states and commonwealths which have united together, now totalling fifty. This is exclusive of the territories of Guam, Puerto Rico, some other islands, and Washington, D.C. Over this group, Congress has direct control -- I am led to believe -- and while on the surface many of the Constitutionally guaranteed provisions are extended to these entities, they are so extended by the will of Congress, and can just as easily be removed or modified by this body's capricious will. That means while the 2nd Amendment is a guaranteed right to the states and commonwealths, it is not a guaranteed right to territories and possessions of the Federal government.

Anybody want to chime in here? Please do!

The so-called third "U.S. of A." is that which comes into each of the sovereign states and commonwealths by way of the Federal Reserve, U.S. Postal, and Social Security systems. And we become subject to its jurisdiction when we sign signature cards to open bank accounts, accepting and using postal codes, and signing for a Social Security number. At least that is what the research has led me to conclude.

But, not to confuse the issue, let me simply say, if and when this issue comes to the U.S. Supreme Court, I wouldn't be suprised to see a verdict against the enforcement of the 2nd Amendment on Washington, D.C. on the basis that the Constitution is not a territory's or possession's operative authority, though I would not expect to see the rationale be so transparent.

It will then follow that the rest of the country, namely the states and commonwealths confederated by the Constitution, will undergo further pressure to deny us our bone fide 2A rights as the decision against those rights for D.C. will be seen as setting precedence for the rest of the nation.

Call me a pessimist. But I think, realist.
    Last edited by xercise2nd; May 21st, 2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo correction

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Ron Paul said some things that when examined we don't like to hear but we should.... way long back and for some time we have contributed to our own partial blame. We have given these zealots things to work with. That was Ron Pauls point. The spin afterwards is all how you swallow that bitter pill.

Guiliani on the other hand is just a vicitm of circumstance. And of course would be defensive about it, as am I. But I am not going to dismiss what he meant. We should all take it to heart. We have things to regret that feed into that hate. Not that anyone deserves the outcome or should ever for a minute excuse it. And Ron did not say that...

Just remember we cannot completely absolve ourselves of blame in all this.

Wink Remember your American History?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Voting to make a point got us Clinton. I really don't care if the Republicans run a two toed sloth....I will be voting Republican. The stable of Democrats have NO ONE I want to see in office. Besides...letting a Democrat get in with a Democratic house and senate is going to be a huge fight for gun owners. Sorry if voting for the lesser of two evils doesn't seem right to many, but I don't think I can allow another "Clinton" mistake get in. I really hope Thompson announces he is in soon. I can SUPPORT him.
    We have only ONE chance to re-take the Republican Party and restore the nation. Doing that requires that our party be punished for it's defiance of party values and rejecting of American values. The only way to punish to let them suffer a major defeat. Doing this doesn't necessarily mean automatic national destruction.

Don't forget these facts:
    #1 In the past, the Dems have held both the White House and the Congress for a good many terms in a row and the opposition still was able to stymie most of their evil plans by taking advantage of the rules of order.
    #2 Bill Clinton had control for 8 years and couldn't destroy the country although he REALLY tried! The Dem hold on Congress is tenuous at best and certainly far from veto proof. They may well lose the Congress this time out. That would make our life a lot easier.
    #3 Given the above, I say it is foolish to continue to allow the Republicans to turn RINO for the sake of expanded power and to further the cause of globalism. The conservatives have always held the party base. If the "moderates" and liberals (actually they're one and the same) gain enough clout to usurp this, they must be punished in the only manner they truly understand: ELECTION RESULTS. This may result in short term pain in exchange for long term survival.
    #4 Don't forget another factor: The SOLID SOUTH. The overwhelming majority of southerners are registered Democrats. They tend to vote Republican when it's their rights in the crosshairs. This is why Gore became the first candidate in modern times to lose his OWN state. And the first Democrat in recent memory to lose the great state of West-By-God-Virginia! They used to be called the Reagan Democrats or sometimes Dixie-crats. They are overwhelmingly pro-gun and pro-military. Some of the larger southern cities (like Atlanta) lean heavily in the other direction but the rural areas usually make up the difference. But a tepid Republican candidate gives these people no reason to defect from their home party (thanks to the oppressive rule of the Radical Republicans in 1865) when no stark alternative is given.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I would be proud to have him as my President!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links