Last minute invite -- CRASHING the Million Mom Meeting tonight & June 4th

This is a discussion on Last minute invite -- CRASHING the Million Mom Meeting tonight & June 4th within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tonight (May 21st 7pm) in Burke, VA & June 4th 7pm in Centreville Monday, May 21, at 7 p.m. Kings Park Library 9000 Burke Lake ...

Thread: Last minute invite -- CRASHING the Million Mom Meeting tonight & June 4th

Last minute invite -- CRASHING the Million Mom Meeting tonight & June 4th

Tonight (May 21st 7pm) in Burke, VA & June 4th 7pm in Centreville

Monday, May 21, at 7 p.m.
    Kings Park Library
    9000 Burke Lake Rd.
    Burke, VA 22015-1683

Monday, June 4, at 7 p.m.
    Centreville Regional Library
    14200 St. Germain Dr.
    Centreville, VA 20121-2299

A bunch of VCDL & OCDO (opencarry.org) guys are crashing both meeting to defend against the b.s. that's gonna get thrown around and to generally just show that not all guns are bad and the same for gun owners (and handlers). Here's the pertinent thread with discussion and we're meeting up in an hour at 6pm if you can make it.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/2535.html

Sorry for the late notice, I hadn't thought to post it here, and unlike opencarry.org there isn't a state-by-state board system. Bye!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    GOD I would love to goto that. I lived about 20-30 minutes from either place.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I would only advise that you all dress nicely and behave well. I'm sure the media would just LOVE to spread a story about how a bunch of rowdy, redneck, gun-nuts tried to intimidate a group of women having a peaceful meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
    I would only advise that you all dress nicely and behave well. I'm sure the media would just LOVE to spread a story about how a bunch of rowdy, redneck, gun-nuts tried to intimidate a group of women having a peaceful meeting.
    Tru Dat. And speak proper english.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Is that the kind of thing where the pro-gunners recommend to each other to go there NOT armed?

Or are the open-carriers going to go there, polite but open-carrying?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Don't forget to use quality signage and correct spelling.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

No protest, just went to ask questions and mitigate b.s. flinging. It went well, we 1:1'ed the MMM's present and a few of them were actually quite receptive to the fact that we care enough to listen to what they have to say... the planners were downright rude though, but knew they couldn't kick us out or even ask us to leave. Good meet, and I look forward to the next one. Hopefully more will be able to show up for that one.

Any chance you guys can con 'em into putting it off until after the 10th? I don't get back from vacation until june 10th. Oh well...at least I might be able to make the kaine panel thing on the 11th.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Just behave yourself!!! Steve48

VIP Member
    I believe you are simply attending a public meeting of a not for profit group. No crashing involved other than you don't agree with their mission statement. It is no different than the MMMs attending a VCDL meeting at the Mason Center. They are certainly welcome to attend so long as they are not disruptive, the same is true for your attendance at their meetings. Now when they protested the Bloomberg raffle, that was different. There are regulations on protest that must be followed in VA and elsewhere.

I know a number of years ago when the dreaded Virginians were going to the DC MMM meetings they would cancel them or hold them in secret. Seems it was embarrassing when the pro-rights folks would show up in greater numbers than the anti-rights crowd.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Links