I take back half of what I said about Glock

This is a discussion on I take back half of what I said about Glock within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs .....Once a shooter matures they can move up to a " real pistol " you know LOL . ROFLMAO! I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I take back half of what I said about Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    .....Once a shooter matures they can move up to a " real pistol " you know LOL .
    ROFLMAO! I guess I'm still waiting.......for that point where my old brain cells are dying off faster than I get new ones.......Oh well........maybe there will be a 1911 in my life some day.........<sigh>

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Once a shooter matures they can move up to a " real pistol " you know LOL .
    Amen to that...

I know of several cops that thought the Glock was the cats meow until they tried something else....

and decided to go with anything else but Glock.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Amen to that...

I know of several cops that thought the Glock was the cats meow until they tried something else....

and decided to go with anything else but Glock.
    Iíve tried just about everything else and still like Glock the best.

Oh well, maybe one of these days Iíll get tired of carrying the most reliable handgun ever made.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Oh well, maybe one of these days I’ll get tired of carrying the most reliable handgun ever made.
    Its just such statements of " boilerplate " that makes poking fun at glocks ( and by implication glock shooters ) so dammed fun lol . I freely admit glock is a fine gun , and freely admit that i will carry one right after my jennings j-22 goes toes out . I do recomend them to others because if they can live with them they are a good cheap starter gun that offers a lot of value for the price . IMHO tho that is all they are .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

JT
    Its just such statements of " boilerplate " that makes poking fun at glocks ( and by implication glock shooters ) so dammed fun lol .
    Wow. You missed something there in my repsonse. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. My so called “boilerplate” statement was in response to a couple of “boilerplate’” statements (to use your term) in recent posts. To turn your statement around…”See, that’s what makes poking fun at Glock-bashers so fun.”

In other words, I gave the Glock bashing statements the type of response they deserved.

All in good fun, of course, in case anyone takes this too seriously, or thinks things are getting heated.

Its I freely admit glock is a fine gun , and freely admit that i will carry one right after my jennings j-22 goes toes out . I do recomend them to others because if they can live with them they are a good cheap starter gun that offers a lot of value for the price . IMHO tho that is all they are .
    Well, I am far from a beginner, and in no need of a “starter gun”. Like I said I have owned and/ or shot most major brands. In my experience, Glocks are far from cheap, and far from a starter gun. They are high quality products.

And if there is a handgun out there that has been proven more reliable, I would like to hear about it. After all, isn't that the best test of their quality, and whether or not they should be labeled a "cheap gun"? Whether or not they function reliably, and whether or not they hold up over time?
    Last edited by JT; May 25th, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Wow JT as you said its all in good fun , and if i offended you i apologise , i make no secret that i consider glock guns as top of the line guns , totally unsuitable for me but fantastic for many others . If you like them great , i dont for my self . If you have a problem with me reccomending them for new shooters as a great value gun please explain your objection to that to me . IMHO the are a great " starter " gun because they are basicly a revolver with a slide and a mag . no controls you dont need . and a consistant , relitavly light consistant trigger pull . Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and they are safe . As to glock reliability they have had many issues over the years that glock is reluctant to recognize , This has led to free upgrades , and model improvements across the board .. frame changes are not just checkering and finger grooves . Glocks are imho quality for the price , but not the end all of quality . of course neither are sig, hk , ruger, walther , or my carry gun kahr for example any brand and design brings both advantages , and liability to the table , it is our job to pick the balance that meets our needs . If glock meets yours , fine , you may tease me with my "glockahphony" kahr , and do the same to xd owners . Its all good , and i still have serial no XX759 mod 17 in the back of my gunsafe . i wont post the xx part but i was on the LE waiting list to get it when glock came into the usa .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

For my hand, the Glock width and grip angle is a better fit than any other gun I've tried. As I stated before each individual has his or her own idea of what represents the best choice in firearms. I have used many different pistols for CC and I always come back to Glock. For me I wanted a pistol that was fairly lightweight, had better than average capacity for its size, and came in a caliber that I felt comfortable relying on (40 S&W). With those requirements in mind I can't think of anything better than the G23 or 27.
    I try to never knock another's choice in guns simply because to them they have the best. To me, I have the best. What works for you is whats best. With all that said, Glocks do have a very good record of reliability and are the chosen brand of many, many agencies here and abroad so there has to be something to the Glock to make it preferred by so many.
    I think guns are alot like cars, everyone has there own idea as to what is the best.
    Nick.

........"glockahphony" ......
    Too Funny! Is that like "Cacophony" or like a "phony" Glock? Funny either way..........LOL.......not that a Kahr hasn't tried to whisper in my ear.....<.....take me home....take me home...>

XX795......Man....that must be "00" and that makes you old as dirt! Yea yea.....I'm just being a troll today, trying to start fires.......

JT
    Wow JT as you said its all in good fun , and if i offended you i apologise , i make no secret that i consider glock guns as top of the line guns , totally unsuitable for me but fantastic for many others . If you like them great , i dont for my self . If you have a problem with me reccomending them for new shooters as a great value gun please explain your objection to that to me .
    No you didn’t offend me. I don’t get offended about what people think about my choice in firearms. Like I said I was just responding in kind to Glock bashing comments. It’s the norm. Someone bashes Glock, and the Glock owners tell them how great Glocks are. And, no I’m not a Glock kool-aid drinker. I know they have their faults, I just think they have less faults than any other model.

And no, I didn’t take issue with you recommending them to new shooters. Not at all. I do the same. What I disagree with is the thought that someone should move on to a more “advanced“ gun. I don’t think that Glock owners should out grow them as they get more advanced in their shooting, or that Glocks are only a "starter gun".

As to glock reliability they have had many issues over the years that glock is reluctant to recognize , This has led to free upgrades , and model improvements across the board .. frame changes are not just checkering and finger grooves .
    I’m well aware of the issues. Like I said, I’m not a Glock kool-aid drinker. Anything made by man, will have problems at some point. My point was that there is not another handgun that has proven itself more reliable than Glock, despite its faults. Yes, there are occasional lemons out there, but the norm is that a Glock will fire ever time you pull the trigger, it won’t jam, and it will last far beyond your life time.

"glockahphony" kahr
    I hadn’t Heard that one. I ‘ll have to use it some time. Thanks.

LOL JT allways glad to loan a bud " ammo " and remember " glockaphony " can be used anywhere we might consider " tupperware " type pistol LOL .. as stated its all in good phun .

Senior Moderator
    One thing about Glocks or anyother pistol with a plastic frame that I dont understand...

Most Glocks cost anywhere from 400-550 bucks. Not cheap by any means. Since the frame is molded from plastic, it dosent have near the time invested in it that a comparable sized metal framed pistol has, therfore the cost should be much less, instead of equal to or above.

That Glock ought to sell for about 125 bucks...the same as a Hi-Point does around here.

Think about it...a 125 dollar Glock. Would that be sweet or what ?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Cough, cough. Cost analysis:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...INTENANCE+PACK

Glock:
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=278&title=ARMORER'S+TOOLS+for +GLOCK&#37;7e

Yes, I picked the most expensive option for both.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Since the frame is molded from plastic, it dosent have near the time invested in it that a comparable sized metal framed pistol has, therfore the cost should be much less, instead of equal to or above.
    Actually, not true. IM molds and setup are far more expensive than CAD/CAM. I'm sure Gaston is comfortable, though.....

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    I'm so glad that no one seems to know that actually HK invented Combat Tupperware.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Senior Moderator
    Actually, not true. IM molds and setup are far more expensive than CAD/CAM. I'm sure Gaston is comfortable, though.....
    making the mold is expensive. BTDT.

Once the initial cost is recovered the rest of it is gravy. Since a plastic mold can last a very long time before it goes "soft" meaning that the detail in it has become worn, eventually the only cost is in the volume of the plastic that you squirt in it and the metal that is there in it.

Kindof a simplified explanation, but the fact remains that they could probably sell them very cheaply...if they would. Market value, or what people are willing to pay is what makes up most of the cost.

I know of electronic gizmos that cost pennies to make sell for hundres of dollars, and as long as people will pay it, that is what they will sell for.

I still want to see cheaper Glocks.
    Look at the Hight Point. It does the same thing.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links