I take back half of what I said about Glock - Page 4

I take back half of what I said about Glock

This is a discussion on I take back half of what I said about Glock within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by PaulG My only complaint with Glock is that my hand seems to have been designed for a 1911. I have a relatively ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I take back half of what I said about Glock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    My only complaint with Glock is that my hand seems to have been designed for a 1911.

I have a relatively wide hand with short stubby fingers.

The Glock doesn't feel nearly as good in my hand as a 1911.
    Hey, we have the same hands. I've gotten used to the double-stacks I've been forced to carry by my employers over the years, but man, I love a nice slim grip on a pistol. That said, if I had the choice...SIG 220 for me over a 1911, but that's another story...

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I wonder why this thread is in the Second Amendment News & Discussion forum.

Maybe the Moderators will consider adding an antiGlock forum for this type of thread...

JT
    It's in this section because it was about Glock's recruitment efforts for the NRA.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That Glock ought to sell for about 125 bucks...the same as a Hi-Point does around here.

Look at the Hight Point. It does the same thing.
    WHOOAAAA there hoss....I owned a Hipoint 9 and I shot it side by side with my Glock 26 and XD9sc......there is absolutely NO comparison on fit, form, functionality, or engineering; total pain in the butt to strip/clean, nowhere near the ruggedness of the Glock or XD;
    I'm not a "Glock or nothing else" guy either, just stating what I saw with my own experiences.

People can say what they want about all kinds of pistols that don't suit them, and thats fine. We all have a good time ribbin each other on here, and thats fine. But nobody can discount what Glock has to offer in their pistols. I appreciate what Glock does for LE and for the NRA and 2A.
    Frankly, I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I have a reliable, accurate, dependable weapon on my hip when I go out in the "jungle" everyday. Not to mention, I feel better knowing my wife carries a 26 with her everyday too

Now for confession.....I love my HK 45 above all else, if HK had made their compacts to accept full size USP mags I would have saved up another $250 and got one of them.

I wish ALL firearms manufacturers would support the NRA, GOA, and others. It only makes sense to support the groups that support them.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Erase this one
    Last edited by Dakotaranger; May 30th, 2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Double post
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    People can say what they want about all kinds of pistols that don't suit them, and thats fine. We all have a good time ribbin each other on here, and thats fine. But nobody can discount what Glock has to offer in their pistols. I appreciate what Glock does for LE and for the NRA and 2A.

I wish ALL firearms manufacturers would support the NRA, GOA, and others. It only makes sense to support the groups that support them.
    This was more or less my point.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Administrator

Concerning the Glock Frame and Slide

While yes, it is true that the Glock frames are Very Quickly produced - the argument that Glock Pistols should be cheaper due to how quickly the frames are "cranked out" of molded polymer is negated by the fact that so many individual precision machining steps are required to produce the Glock slide and barrel.
    I forget the exact # of hours needed to make one slide but, it dwarfs the amount of time needed to produce the frames.
    So whatever time is saved (plus much more) in molding the polymer frames...that time is lost in machining the slide from a solid billet of steel.
    I think it's over 100 individual machine "set~ups" to fabricate the Glocker slide. Just FYI.
    That info is from Glock BTW.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Glocks fit my hand just fine... since the motorcycle accident.

I'm sorry, that little devil on my shoulder kept whispering that in my ear. I have to say this is the only forum I can think of where we can rib each other a little bit in a spirit of good will.

Glock vs. Anybody Else topics usually go south pretty fast on most forums because people take themselves so darned seriously. Here we seem to realize we're on the same team.

I'm a 1911 guy. Go ahead; take your best shot.

Just wanted to throw my useless 2cents in here. I think Glocks are the most reliable handguns available now, and probably for quite a time after. No other company has the reputation for reliability like Glock has right now, and I personally think it will be a long time before any other company even has the opportunity to replace Glock on the "Reliability List". This has nothing to do with the NRA or 2A or why the thread started. But I did want to rave about my EDC. You can tell I own a Glock, but I own other weapons too. I would trust my 27 ANYDAY before I did the Colt Combat Commander that I own. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the commander that I'm aware of, It hasnt malfunctioned or had any failures since the first shot was fired,... but I just dont trust it like I do my 27... and I probably never will.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Kudos to Glock for thier efforts.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

I like my G23 a lot , I'm an NRA member and an American citizen with 2A rights.

I'm covered as far as this thread goes......sweet.

Oh yeah 100th post!

Yep, they are perfect for sure now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I made my first handgun purchase over ten years ago. On a whim, I bought a Glock17, because it looked like one that a SWAT person might use (yes, I was still in my twenties). I cannot tell you how many rounds I have put through it, but the only change to date is that once the Clinton Ban expired, I bought the larger capacity magazines for it. I have seen other people using other handguns that have stove-piped, and even KB-ed. I have only had one stovepipe, and that was because I was teaching my wife how to shoot, and she put a round into the chamber that she had dropped in the mud.

I am about to purchase the Glock 19 as a more trusting and compact carry weapon, and have no future plans on purchasing any other brand of firearm. I could not recommend any better a weapon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links