Response from MI rep about eliminating no carry zones

This is a discussion on Response from MI rep about eliminating no carry zones within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; email my buddy sent: May 19, 2007 Dear Mr. Vagnozzi: I am writing you today to ask you to support the Bill that is trying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Response from MI rep about eliminating no carry zones

Response from MI rep about eliminating no carry zones

email my buddy sent:
    May 19, 2007

Dear Mr. Vagnozzi:
    I am writing you today to ask you to support the Bill that is trying to eliminate areas in Michigan where solid citizens with concealed pistol licenses are not welcome. The Bill is number 4759. Please remember that legal holders have jumped through many tight hoops to obtain their licenses. They simply just do not turn from good members of society to criminals because of a holster and pistol.
    Please consider this and support Bill 4759. Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

John Doe,
    Farmington Hills, MI

Response:

May 21, 2007

Dear Mr. Doe:

Thank you for taking the time to write me.

I will not support an expansion of the Concealed Weapons Law. We have too many guns available now which have resulted in the increase of shootings.

Sincerely,

Aldo Vagnozzi
    State Representative
    37th District
    Anyone aware of the birth of MI's "shall issue" law correlating to an increase in shootings? Time for more emails?
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    We have too many guns available now which have resulted in the increase of shootings.
    He failed to qualify that by adding the word ''criminal's" (guns) - and so obviously, like so many, fails to differentiate beteen gun owners at all.

How closed minded and typical.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

typical loser make sure to email back thats fine i will not vote for you in the next election either

Totally clueless!!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

1943 - 2009
    Don't waste your time trying to change this guy's mind or enlist his support for the cause. You're fighting a losing battle. His mind is made up, regardless of the facts.

Better to support his opponent in the next election and kick the Honorable Mr. Vagnozzi out of the Legislature.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Actually, a better suggestion might be to thank him for his response, politely state that you are referring to law abiding citizens using guns for self-defense and then provide the link to the Ohio (?) representative who was in favor of gun control but has changed his mind since being robbed at gunpoint. If he reads the link you have politely planted seed that may germinate in the future. Don't send a link to the thread on this site, but the actual news link of the story about the change of mind.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

VIP Member
    Afraid his a lost cause. He equates guns to crime, completely ignoring the fact that a BG has to be the one behind the trigger.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

An IDIOT...
    To argue with or present facts is useless...VOTE!

Does this guy represent a college town area? Just a guess!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I suppose you guys are right. Fighting this guy is a waste of energy. He certainly will be notified of his loss of votes. He also might get the link to the "robbed Rep" story.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I got a similar response on a letter from a Kansas rep. The response I got was very sarcastic and rude. The guy was a Republican. I forwarded his letter and a very passionate plea to the chairman of the Kansas Republican party, and he's looking for someone else to run in the primary.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    I suppose you guys are right. Fighting this guy is a waste of energy. He certainly will be notified of his loss of votes. He also might get the link to the "robbed Rep" story.
    Wrong tactic. Call him on it. Tell him you're interested in his perspective and would like to know what statistics he's seen which point to CCW causing shootings. You'll get some song and dance, and he'll probably come up with some generalized statistics somewhere. Have your own verifiable statistics ready (which, more than likely, indicate that CCW holders are involved in significantly less violent crimes of any type). Hit him with that, see what he does. Try to catch him in a lie.

If you can get it done, proceed to send the correspondance to the local newspapers, media outlets, etc. Post it all over the Internet. Make people see he's a liar.

Then vote him out of office next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Wrong tactic. Call him on it. Have your own verifiable statistics ready ... Hit him with that, see what he does. Try to catch him in a lie.
    Ditto.

Liars, cheaters & theives. These days, if you hold public office, you must proactively earn appellations to the contrary. Let him have it, with both "barrels": factual basis for concealed carriers being some of the most upstanding citizens, trends showing more-restrictive policies correlating to (typically) a higher per-capita incidence of violent crime, etc. If you get the ol' weaseling song-and-dance, make the exchange public.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ron
    I lived in Michigan for 30 years before moving to Florida several years ago, prior to the enactment of the "shall Issue" statute. Too many people worked too hard to get that statute passed, to let that guy off the hook. Please stay with it and follow up.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I live in Michigan...

And what the other guy said give him a call and send him a link to the Michigan State police site, their data would seem to refute his opinion.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Don't waste your time trying to change this guy's mind or enlist his support for the cause. You're fighting a losing battle. His mind is made up, regardless of the facts.
    100% correct. He is a lost cause; that is evident by how utterly STUPID one would have to be to reply with what he said. As though so much of the violent crime he's citing is done by permit holders?! Yeah, right. That just clearly exposes his obvious bias against guns regardless of any facts.

You would be wasting your time trying to change his way of thinking (I use the term "thinking" very loosely). Better off supporting his opponent(s).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links