The absurd seems possible after all! - Page 2

The absurd seems possible after all!

This is a discussion on The absurd seems possible after all! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some thoughts: Absurd from the pov of those in reality. Cost to manufacturers is actually very small, but that's not really the point. Are there ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    Some thoughts:
    Absurd from the pov of those in reality.
    Cost to manufacturers is actually very small, but that's not really the point.
    Are there any accompanying rules from the state or your insurance co. about keeping controll of your spent brass? If not, and I'm part of the seedy underbelly, I'm going to a range or known spot in the boonies to pick up someone else's brass. That, plus a stolen pistol sends the detectives on two different paths, both away from me.
    Will there be new laws about importing non-stamping pistols or 'up-grading' older pistols?
    Are pistols being singled out, or does this apply to all semis? What about full autos?
    Will brass-catchers be outlawed? If so, only outlaws will...
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    all it would take is a BG going to a range and picking up ammo to drop at a scene. (not that they would but it's possible.)
    While I'm sure some BG's would try it, I'd like to think that forensics could show that the powder residue on the victim and other items wouldn't match the stuff inside the planted casings. Sneaky trick, though.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hasn't passed yet:
    On Tuesday, the Assembly approved Feuer's version in a 44-29 vote, largely along party lines. The bill now heads to the state Senate.
    Even non-CA residents should hope it gets defeated soundly... otherwise, it'll give the rest of the states ideas.

Kalifornia is safe now

A kayaker we all be safe now here in Kali baa baa and packinova the Leos will still get there weapons by order of the government.You watch and see.they will take over the factories. No body stopped the Nazi did they. History repeting its self baa baa baa
    RVN 68-69 101st Abn. Div. D Co. 101st Avn. Bn.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYKALDRICH View Post
    A kayaker we all be safe now here in Kali baa baa and packinova the Leos will still get there weapons by order of the government.You watch and see.they will take over the factories. No body stopped the Nazi did they. History repeting its self baa baa baa

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

You can jest if you will about the Nazis and sheep, but the fact is that right now there is a bill headed for the California state Senate that threatens your rights as a gun owner. I guess it's not a big deal.

Who makes up these bills and do you have any plans on voting them out of office? Is this bill a big deal in CA right now?

The sky never falls all at once. It falls a little at a time and it appears that a piece might just land on your head.
    Last edited by BIG E; May 31st, 2007 at 02:33 AM.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    I wonder how far the gun companies will go before they stop selling handguns in CA altogether. How far can you push them before they say "just forget it"?

People righteously and justifiably use boycotts to right wrongs all the time.

It's time to force the police and authorities to be "reasonable" (they're always telling us that gun owners need to accept "reasonable" restrictions...) by refusing to sell a single firearm to anyone who will use it in California -- specifically, ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.

Companies should refuse to ship guns there, period. No sales to buyers or agencies in CA, until they stop this crap. No shipment of warrantied guns that have been sent for repair, either (so they can't just keep using what they've got). Any gun sent for repair from CA should be sent back "refused."

Let the people there understand that if you want to poop on the firearms industry daily, the firearms industry is not going to take it.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a_kayaker View Post
    That is just nuts. Now you have to collect all of your brass at the range. I can see the stoppage of matching bullets to barrels after a shooting because they have the brass with your serial on it.
    Anybody ant to send me one of those new guns, I'll be happy to send back brass to "seed" CA with. They'll have a great time trying to figure out how a guy in VA keeps getting his brass on the streets of LA!

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I want to know what CA LEO's are going to use when everyone stops selling guns in CA.
    You mean they didn't exempt LEOs and the movie industry like when they banned ugly black rifles?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    John - cannot see one iota of use in this stupid idea. It will be as ineffectual or worse, than the MD ''Ballistic Finger printing".
    And oddly enough MD now admits it was worthless and expensive, but now they can't seem to get rid of it!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

the people voted those idiots in

the people in Kali being sooo progressive voted those idiots in office and are happy with where the bill is going. You should have seen the man on the street interviews by the media.of course the media did not play much of the oppositon to the bill..I heard more than once comments like "we need to lead the nation". The libs have this additude that they know what is right or good for you.sorry to say the things that start here do seem to spread across this land.My gun shop has not 1 single application for NRA, or CRA.They"dont want to be political". well they may well soon be out of business and cry "what happened?"
    O well I hear alot of Baa Baa Baaing right now.
    RVN 68-69 101st Abn. Div. D Co. 101st Avn. Bn.

Senior Moderator
    Did this get defeated? I thought my NRA email alert said this was defeated.

I do recommend that gun manufactuers boycott CA goverment agaencies. Does Barrett still have the Boycott of CA goverment?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Another "feel good" tactic by "feel good" people who want the Californians to "feel" safe.

This does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stop, prevent or even track criminals. How can they not see that?

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I want to know what CA LEO's are going to use when everyone stops selling guns in CA.
    Don't forget... that's the goal. If they can't ban guns outright, they'll make it so convoluted and ridiculous to sell them there that they will provoke a boycott.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Don't forget... that's the goal. If they can't ban guns outright, they'll make it so convoluted and ridiculous to sell them there that they will provoke a boycott.
    Isn't that the truth.. Once other states see that making unreasonable gun laws and weird conditions gun companies won't sell there and they've inadvertently banned all guns in that state, they may just follow the footsteps which would be bad.

But now they have to work on a way to get rid of revolvers.

It is a clever attempt to kill the 2nd Amendment. Even worse news: geologist now say that Kalifornica will not slide into the Pacific.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Another "feel good" tactic by "feel good" people who want the Californians to "feel" safe.
    I moved out of California many years ago. THAT made me feel good and feel safer as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links