NJ- This is how the anti's will win......

This is a discussion on NJ- This is how the anti's will win...... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Up until quite recently, most people only considered firearm ownership for those who hunted.... i.e. 'sporting use' as the sole reason to allow gun ownership. ...

VIP Member

Up until quite recently, most people only considered firearm ownership for those who hunted....i.e. 'sporting use' as the sole reason to allow gun ownership. Even today there are a lot who feel the same way.

Politicians still pander to gun owners by saying....'I won't take your hunting firearms'....This pacifies a lot of people even when their ultimate goal is total gun prohibition.

Now, a new tactic is being tried in New Jersey. The ultimate intent is to totally ban hunting. Once this is accomplished, then the anti's can say....'There is no further need to own ANY firearms, since hunting has been banned.'

I can see this tactic being successful in ANY state does not have a state constitutional amendment protecting hunting & right to own firearms.........& even in those states, the anti's will try to subvert it.

here is article: http://www.nypost.com/seven/06172007..._ken_moran.htm
    HUNTING UNDER FIRE IN N.J.

THERE is a bill being pushed in the New Jersey assembly that could result in the end of hunting in the Garden State.

Legislation that would revamp the New Jersey Fish and Game Council was heard in the Assembly Environment and Solid Waste Committee this week. The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and its allies are concerned such legislation will simplify anti-hunters' involvement in wildlife decision-making.

Assembly Bill 3275, introduced by Assemblyman Michael Panter (D-Shrewsbury), will change the makeup of the Fish & Game Council. It will remove the six sportsmen and three farmers who represent various geographical regions, and replace them with seven appointees recommended by the governor.

The bill also directs the council to investigate non-lethal wildlife management options prior to setting hunting, fishing or trapping programs, and removes the council's authority to consider the use and development of fish and wildlife resources for public recreation and food supply when adopting the State Fish and Game Code.

"We are concerned that this bill will result in the end of hunting in the long run," said Rick Story, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance senior VP. The bill plays into the anti-hunting movement's hands.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

No surprise there. Some of us realize the north/south line should never have really been erased. Better yet we need to build a wall...A REALLY BIG ONE. Start it at the VA/MD border and make sure to go around the southwest side of DC.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    yep, that's a sneaky strategy.

This will work great for antis....for about a year.
    Watch what happens the year thereafter when they are over run by deer with humans being killed in their cars and their yards overtaken by cute little Bambi cousins. Constituents will be crying then for less of those "non-lethal wildlife management options" and more in the way of hunters with their mean bullets & arrows.

That's what happened here in MA following a vote ~2 years ago to ban trapping of beavers. Now the beavers are wreaking havoc everywhere and in wetland areas too resulting in calls to the Environmental Police to come out and do something though now they by law cannot.

Short sightedness FTL.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    This will work great for antis....for about a year.
    Watch what happens the year thereafter when they are over run by deer with humans being killed in their cars and their yards overtaken by cute little Bambi cousins. Constituents will be crying then for less of those "non-lethal wildlife management options" and more in the way of hunters with their mean bullets & arrows.

That's what happened here in MA following a vote ~2 years ago to ban trapping of beavers. Now the beavers are wreaking havoc everywhere and in wetland areas too resulting in calls to the Environmental Police to come out and do something though now they by law cannot.

Short sightedness FTL.

- Janq
    Their solution would NOT be to allow hunting by the 'serfs'.....their solution will be to hire 'professionals' to humanely get rid of the nuisance.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Is that Gov. Jon Stevens Corzine at work? No thank you!

........remove the six sportsmen and three farmers who represent various geographical regions, and replace them with seven appointees recommended by the governor.
    Yea......right!

First let me say that Nj in general makes me sick to my stomach. Secondly, this type of anti-hunting crap is sickening as well.

The assumption is correct in the first post of the thread. Many antis see hunters as a problem, becuase hunters in general are against gun control and support the NRA. Therefore, as long as the "hunting culture" is alive and well, the fight to ban guns is made more difficult.

For the most part, hunting is not going away anytime soon (other than NJ and a few other idiotic states) so the anits are not happy. That is why they attempt to marginalize public perception of hunters, cast us in a negative social context, and anthropomorphize animals into being equal to humans. (especially with suburban and urban school kids; the next generation)

Through this strategy they intend to do away the "hunting culture" and then the "gun culture" will be next.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

If NJ loses hunting, it would only be temporarily. I live in PA and work in NJ. When the liberal professionals at work learn that I deer hunt (and archery), without exception, all the homeowners have invited me to hunt on their property. Even off of their decks. That is how bad the deer problem is in NJ. Can't take them all up on it due to regulations, but even the antis want to have their pretty shrubbery.

This sounds like NJ is regulating their citizens and they have no input. This has a bad smell to it.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I thought one of the reasons we had bag-limits with hunting was so that animals weren't hunted into local extinction. And one of the reasons we still hunt, of the thousands, is to keep the animal population in check. I remember hearing about some other town that tried this around them. Deer ended-up crashing through people's windows in their homes and cars.

You know.. forget the fact that a lot of them will starve to death. Talk about inhumane. I get madder than hell when people say hunting is "mean" and "cruel." I wanna know if these same people have ever been starved to the point of near death.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Lions and coyotes and bears...oh, my!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Links