Floridas' "Doctrine" on FOX

This is a discussion on Floridas' "Doctrine" on FOX within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw Florida Gov. Jeb on FOX News last night defending the wisdom and logic behind the states' new self-defense law that goes into effect ...

Thread: Floridas' "Doctrine" on FOX

Floridas' "Doctrine" on FOX

I saw Florida Gov. Jeb on FOX News last night defending the wisdom and logic behind the states' new self-defense law that goes into effect in October. This bill passed through the state legislature "overwhemingly" with bi-partisan support.

Of course, the detractors were sniveling they're usual liberal crap about an east coast "Wild West Show" and "blood in the streets" that will take place now that there is no requirement to retreat. I believe a specific quote was "ordinary fistfights will now turn into gunfights". Funny...we have no duty to retreat here in CO and....well you know the rest don't you!

The NRA spokesperson said they're are planning to push this type of legislation in other states. I enjoy seeing firearms rights issues brought to light on national news, and all in all it was a balanced report as you would expect from FOX!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

2. Remove Ads

If the media does a splash on this law bad guys will be getting a heads up about wandering into someones home for the heck of it. They now become visable to those defending their child or home. Perhaps less home invasions will take place if the BG understands he runs the risk of being shot.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Those who are against it haven't had their homes turned inside out... or their faces.

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Assistant Administrator
    I wish ''they'' would actually see - and acknowledge - the facts. CW states show better crime figures and the record of firearms useage by carriers is better than excellent. Not to mention - the vast majority of cases where a weapon is displayed - that is as far as it goes.

Deterrents are very potent - I am sure BG's just hate ''not knowing''!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I wish ''they'' would actually see - and acknowledge - the facts. CW states show better crime figures and the record of firearms useage by carriers is better than excellent. Not to mention - the vast majority of cases where a weapon is displayed - that is as far as it goes.

Deterrents are very potent - I am sure BG's just hate ''not knowing''!
    I've said it on a number of other forums, so I might just as well say it here. They don't have to see the facts. They already know them. However, the facts won't sell their agenda. So they ignore the facts and invent their own and use them in their sales pitch. The ones who need to see the facts are not the people who are saying these things, but rather, the peple who are hearing them.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

DC Founder
    I hope that gets pushed here soon. We need it. Actually everyone needs it.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I think it's an awsome law,but the best thing is no more law suits from bad guys or they're families...

I remember when this law was passed and made the news. My father, who knows I am a gun nut, calls me and say "Did you hear how Florida is going to become the Wild West?" I told him that was not the case and that you still had the meet the same legal standards for using a gun, grave bodily harm or death, but now you just do not have to retreat or run away first. He did not beleive me because the news showed old western film footage and completely lied about the law, and how could I be right and the news wrong. I told him I would prove it to him.

The next day I pulled up the Florida legislatures web site and sent him the text of the new law and the standards. He was flabbergasted that the news had totally been wrong about the law and that they seemed to use deception. He is now a supporter of the law and when my wife and I go to visit my folks in July I am bringing all my handguns with me so he can shoot with us. I may change him yet on the issue of guns. :)

Assistant Administrator
    He was flabbergasted that the news had totally been wrong about the law and that they seemed to use deception.
    Yep - good ol' media - if it can be distorted or played for an advantage - it will be! And almost all the time that ''advantage'' seems to be especially for the anti's.... we hardly get a fair look-in.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My wife at one time would have had the same reaction.

She told me that before she met me she believed everything the main stream media said. (I took it as a compliment) Anyway Florida's law is great, I wish we could get one here in Minnesota, (yea, right!). It should be the law of the land.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I just got my new permit (renewal) for Florida. Pic is tons better this time. Good, it's got to last for five more years. I got my first FL permit when they passed the law in 1987 and I've always had one since. The icing on the cake is the reciprocity between states. Now, when I go to Texas in late June for my vacation since I'm driving, I'll be legal in every state here to there and back.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links