Long-Range Sniper Rifle Safety Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate) - Page 3

Long-Range Sniper Rifle Safety Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate)

This is a discussion on Long-Range Sniper Rifle Safety Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland Ron Paul for President!!! www.ronpaul2008.com Ron Paul is the only 'politician' I know of who votes on bills based solely ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long-Range Sniper Rifle Safety Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Ron Paul for President!!!

www.ronpaul2008.com

Ron Paul is the only 'politician' I know of who votes on bills based solely on the Constitution. He almost always votes 'no' and believes Congress should get busy repealing laws and shutting down departments - not adding to the hundreds of thousands of pages of laws we already have. He believes almost everything the US Govt does today should be returned to the States.

Sorry for getting a little OT.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Let's make sure that the public understands this. If enough people do, Feinstein will be too much of a laughing stock for people to take her idiotic proposal seriously.
    I would respectfully disagree. I would expect the reaction to be more like ,"Good try, Diane - we'll get 'em next time" -she's already such an outragous nutjob, her only supporters are other wacked out liberals. (Notice I did NOT say "liberals", I said "wacked out liberals" by that I mean the extreme left that cannot be reasoned with.) These people seldom make decisions based upon fact or logic, but rather on emotion. It makes them feel good to pass these bans - it makes them feel safe because they : A. Know absolutely nothing about the subject matter (nor do they want to) and B. They will not accept the fact that criminals will not obey the laws that are passed.

For them to be willing to realize that criminals will not obey these laws is so incredibly fearful of a concept to them that they will simply refuse to accept it. Otherwise, IF they did come to such realizations they would also comprehend how much potential danger the average person - themselves included- is in on a daily basis, and that their only alternative is to provide for their own personal safety. At that point, they would have to chuck their entire world view out the window and become one of us (law abiding CCW's).

In my experience very, very few people have the courage to challenge their self delusions and face reality. It is simply too frightening and painful for them. Our society has become weak, spoiled and decadent because it is a reflection of what our citizens are becoming. Couragous people first face their own shortcomings, do their best to correct them and then move onto helping their community/society improve. Weak people wrap themselves in a fantasy world that comforts them while they ignore reality.

^^ Ayn Rand had it right, in Atlas Shrugged, Gary. It's amazing how prophetic she was in seeing the details of the changes being wrought.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ^^ Ayn Rand had it right, in Atlas Shrugged, Gary. It's amazing how prophetic she was in seeing the details of the changes being wrought.
    That's because Ayn Rand was one of the "social engineers" who brought it all about. She didn't "foresee" it in a prophetic sense - she knew what was coming because she was among the people who were making it happen, and therefore knew what their plans/methodology were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    That's because Ayn Rand was one of the "social engineers" who brought it all about. She didn't "foresee" it in a prophetic sense - she knew what was coming because she was among the people who were making it happen, and therefore knew what their plans/methodology were.
    Really?!?

From reading most of what she has written, I am under the distinct impression that she is 100% pro-individual, pro-freedom, pro-achievement, etc. Could you supply some references that back up your statement? PM me if we're getting too off-topic. Thanks.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    BAC, good letter.

I would ask her if there is anyone at all in the U.S. armed services who is trained and competent to SHOOT DOWN a MOVING AIRCRAFT using a .50 BMG.

I mean, unless I'm mistaken, the idea of anyone, trained well or not, using a .50 cal. for the distinct purpose of shooting down aircraft in flight is laughable.

Let's make sure that the public understands this. If enough people do, Feinstein will be too much of a laughing stock for people to take her idiotic proposal seriously.

Probably 80% of the public still thinks glocks are invisible to airport security

In this case, I think it's hard to prove negative. Afterall, there's probably someone who could "prove" that you could take a plane down by throwing a rock if you hit in just the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass-Diver View Post
    Probably 80% of the public still thinks glocks are invisible to airport security
    That brings to mind a conversation I had with a friend less than a month ago when he INSISTED that it was illegal to own a Glock 9mm.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links