Will you fight for your 2A rights?

This is a discussion on Will you fight for your 2A rights? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I posted in the "Forum Feedback" section about an idea to have a calendar showing local and state meeting that will involve 2A issues so ...

View Poll Results: Would you use a calendar to post / attend 2A meetings

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would use the calendar

30 93.75%
  • No, I would not use the calendar

2 6.25%

Thread: Will you fight for your 2A rights?

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar

Will you fight for your 2A rights?

I posted in the "Forum Feedback" section about an idea to have a calendar showing local and state meeting that will involve 2A issues so that members can post alerts to meetings and we all can attend more of the meetings and engage in the discussions on the local level that have a direct effect on our 2A rights.

The Question

Would you use such a calendar, to post meetings, and to attend meetings and begin to fight harder for you rights.

Here is the example of one way to do it, There would be several stickys in the "Member Meeting Place" forum, and they would be broken out by region, members would "quote" the last post, add there event in order by date, and delete any past dates. To check for updates, simply go to the last post.

An example of how it might look.

Mid Atlantic Meeting Calendar
    States Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia,

July 18 Virginia, Capital City Town hall meeting 6:pm

July 23 North Carolina, County X Council meeting to discuss Parks carry

July 29 Georgia, ABC County meeting to discuss changes in private land uses.

We can't sit back and watch the couple of big dogs in the fight, we have to roll up our sleeves and get into the fight ourselves, we can start at the ground level, and work to shape the laws that effect us directly, and shape the impressions people have of gun owners by example, and work to make those changes resonate up the political chain till our efforts meet the efforts of the big dogs working at the top of the chain.

This is your call to arms people, We can do it, WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

Please vote, and post any ideas as to how this information can best be displayed to minimize the work load on the DC staff and our members.
    Last edited by 4my son; July 18th, 2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I would certainly subscribe to and keep an eye on such a posting. Unfortunately, I can't be taking off from work on a regular basis, but I work 4 days a week every other week, and I'd certainly be willing to add a city council meeting or two to my off-day schedule.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    This is one thing I will spend my hard earned cash on to protect for future generations.If we don't fight for this right we'll lose it a little bit
    at atime until it lost!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    It helps if I knew where capital city town hall? Its very hard to get off my work on days that I want.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Yes, but it wouls have to be in the evenings. I would hate to see an important meetings scheduled during times when people cannot attend.

Like those Florida condo meetings.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    Yes, but it wouls have to be in the evenings. I would hate to see an important meetings scheduled during times when people cannot attend.

Like those Florida condo meetings.
    I understand, the VA TECH review panel is meeting right now in Charlottesville, I would love to be there, that's one I would have taken the day off for, but didn't hear about it till yesterday, to short of notice, maybe a little more notice, and I'd be there.

I know that my county's meetings are generaly in the afternoon, catch them on the way home. Not everyone will be able to make every meeting in their area, but at least maybe more people will know, and can alert friends who can attend.

I guess the point is, if we lose, don't let it be because we didn't try.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    I understand, the VA TECH review panel is meeting right now in Charlottesville, I would love to be there, that's one I would have taken the day off for, but didn't hear about it till yesterday, to short of notice, maybe a little more notice, and I'd be there.

I know that my county's meetings are generaly in the afternoon, catch them on the way home. Not everyone will be able to make every meeting in their area, but at least maybe more people will know, and can alert friends who can attend.

I guess the point is, if we lose, don't let it be because we didn't try.

What county are you in? I don't know of any in Chesterfield Co. where I live.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    What county are you in? I don't know of any in Chesterfield Co. where I live.
    Goochland, They have a Zoning debate going on right now, It's been on the NRA site, and the person involved is a member of the VCDL. I don't see it being a every month kind of thing, 2A topics anyway. but state meetings and things like the VA TECH reveiw panel that are held in multiple locations are the kinds of thing we need to make our presence kown. Any specific county might not have anything going on for years, but when they do happen. Try to be there. An empty seat still speaks.

Links