NRA Puppets

NRA Puppets

This is a discussion on NRA Puppets within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article from the Toledo Blade is so full of BS I don't know where to begin: http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...306/-1/OPINION...

Thread: NRA Puppets

NRA Puppets

This article from the Toledo Blade is so full of BS I don't know where to begin:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...306/-1/OPINION
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    A letter sent to Congress by 32 national and state police organizations and many other individual law-enforcement leaders noted that the "Tiahrt provision puts new and unjustified limits on ATF's disclosure of trace data to law enforcement agencies."
    Wow. 32, huh? Out of how many departments and LEO organizations in this country? If I recall correctly, the Fraternal Order of Police didn't even want this bill to go through, so people called them a 'Fringe Group.' Yeah. Cuz FOP is really 'Out There' with their ideas.

This is why I don't read editorials anymore.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Some of these 32 "organizations" are nothing more than a web address. You are correct....The FOP is pro Tiahart.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    - Alexis de Tocqueville - 1835

Where do these people get the erroneous idea that identifying where a gun came from has any bearing on the crime that was commited with it.

If you get a DUI, do they check to see which plant the car was built in or what dealer you bought it from?

I'm sorry but I just don't get the reasoning behind this whole issue. Tracing guns back to their point of origin seems to be a waste of time and a misapropriation of assets to me.

IMO The reason they are pushing this crap has to be because it is a foot in the door toward total gun registration, which will later serve to make confiscation easier.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

These gun traces are as useful as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    One thing I find interesting. Is that the last 2 biggest terrorists attacks in US history did not involve Firearms. Ummmm Tim Mcveigh used a truck with explosives, and Osama's people used box cutters, and airplanes. Am I missing something?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Links