Newspapers & our 2A Rights

Newspapers & our 2A Rights

This is a discussion on Newspapers & our 2A Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why is it that journalists seem to think they know better than anyone else, how we should handle our gun rights? They scream bloody murder ...

Thumbs down Newspapers & our 2A Rights

Why is it that journalists seem to think they know better than anyone else, how we should handle our gun rights? They scream bloody murder if someone wants to stifle their 1st Amendment rights, but the rest of us are too stupid to properly handle ourselves around guns.

On the tails of the Sandusky Register publishing 2700 names of CHL's last month, the editor of the Port Clinton Herald, (which just happens to be a neighboring community to Sandusky) has decided that our gun rights should be dictated to us thru "clubs" AKA restricted access to our guns and ammo.

Please read this article on our website. The red printing is our response to this editor's comments. Since his email address is at the bottom of the page, hopefully he'll be hearing from a lot of people.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3863.html

Please pass me the duct tape.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Can't help you with the duct tape; I had to use it all myself.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

There is a reason newspaper are often used to line the bottom of bird cages and wrap dead fish.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    once again, all based on the premise that all BG's get their guns legally, and would not be BG's if they didn't have them.

that article is basically just a re-hash of the old and tired store-your-guns-at-gov't-approved-shooting-ranges-and-check-them-out-when-you-want-to-blast-some-paper idea. It completely misses the purpose of firearm ownership and the point of the 2A, as usual.

hurries off to find his duct tape stash....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    It it isn't the gun that kills but the ammunition. Unloaded guns are no more dangerous than baseball bats, tire irons or hammers.
    Right. How could I have been so blind?! It's the AMMO!!!! Not the brains (or lack thereof) behind the trigger!! Geez! It was the AMMO that was mean-spirited and crazy, not Cho! Silly me.

Oh, almost forgot: ...Because baseball bats are never used in crimes. I would absolutely *LOVE* to see stats on how many robberies and assualts are commited each year using baseball bats or tire irons. Didn't we just have a member recount a story in Citizen Success Stories about how he stopped two guys from being beaten to death by two other assailants using.. what else?! A baseball bat and metal pipe?!

...or a background check could be instigated if some abnormal behavior surfaced.
    Because the same background check wouldn't prohibit the member from PURCHASING A HANDGUN IN THE FIRST PLACE. No... They run those for giggles. And those ones where it turns out someone has done something to warrant restricting them from owning a firearm? They put it on video and show replays at the Christmas Party every year because their faces are just too funny.

</sarcasm>

Sorry. I'm getting sick of hearing Op-Ed junk like this.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Right. How could I have been so blind?! It's the AMMO!!!! Not the brains (or lack thereof) behind the trigger!! Geez! It was the AMMO that was mean-spirited and crazy, not Cho! Silly me.

Oh, almost forgot: ...Because baseball bats are never used in crimes. I would absolutely *LOVE* to see stats on how many robberies and assualts are commited each year using baseball bats or tire irons. Didn't we just have a member recount a story in Citizen Success Stories about how he stopped two guys from being beaten to death by two other assailants using.. what else?! A baseball bat and metal pipe?!
    How 'bout turkeys??

SEFFNER (FL) -- A woman in Seffner is accused of attacking her roommates with a hammer and a turkey.

Police say Jackie Baird was arguing with her two roommates Monday morning when she threw the turkey, hitting one of the roommates in the face. She then reportedly chased the two with a hammer.

No one was injured.

Baird was later arrested.

She's charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor battery.

She is being held without bail in jail.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    How is one hit in the face with a turkey and not injured? Wow. 'Cause that coulda sucked!

have you tried to hurl a large turkey across a distance if you are not of the "large" catagory? must have been a glancing blow!.....lol. it went afowl?....lmao oh yeah he chicken flew the coup!.....ok i better stop before i get banned....lol

Links