Terrorist Boy Scouts? (Yes Second Amendment Related)

Terrorist Boy Scouts? (Yes Second Amendment Related)

This is a discussion on Terrorist Boy Scouts? (Yes Second Amendment Related) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From Free Republic Dot Com Terrorist boy scouts? Posted on 07/25/2007 11:04:48 AM EDT by AmericanHunter Terrorist Boy Scouts? 7/25/2007 Let me say up front: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Boy Scouts? (Yes Second Amendment Related)

Exclamation Terrorist Boy Scouts? (Yes Second Amendment Related)

From Free Republic Dot Com

Terrorist boy scouts?

Posted on 07/25/2007 11:04:48 AM EDT by AmericanHunter

Terrorist Boy Scouts?

7/25/2007

Let me say up front: I am not making this up.

There's a Boy Scout camp in Colorado where they've taught gun safety and target shooting for years. Well, when some newcomer neighbors complained about it, the county sheriff there likened the place to a "Hamas training camp."

Elbert County Sheriff William Frangis, who's testified in favor of gun bans in Denver on multiple occasions, now has the Boy Scouts in his sights.

So, what were the Scouts doing that caused all the commotion?

Shooting sporting clays during a two-day fundraiser.

Yeah, I know: So what?

The Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch has had a shooting range for rifles and pistols for years. No one ever complained about it before.

But as the anti-gun granola crowd has moved out of the cities to find trees to hug and people to boss around, the Boy Scouts of Peaceful Valley have found themselves under attack.

Instead of doing the neighborly thing and going directly to the Scouts with their complaint, these new busybody neighbors complained to the cops. And, being that Sheriff Frangis seems to hate the Second Amendment, he was only too happy to help.

So when the Scout camp tried to get a permit from the county commissioners to continue shooting on the range, Sheriff Frangis-and those nay-saying neighbors-were there to shut them down.

Frangis warned of lead shot. He spoke ominously of seeing people smoking cigarettes near so-called "stockpiles of ammunition."

One activist said, "It was like World War III had started."

Who are these people?

A county sheriff ought to know that, as far as environmental hazards go, the lead on a shooting range isn't much of a threat.

A county sheriff ought to know that shotgun shells won't suddenly explode in a fireball just because somebody is smoking a cigarette nearby.

A county sheriff ought to know that the Boy Scouts are an important organization that does a lot of good for our country and our kids.

And he shouldn't liken them to terrorists just to grab headlines for his own anti-gun agenda.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I love the smell of gunpowder and the sound of gunfire in the morning, don't you? Especially when it is used in conjunction with improving our youth in this country. Those nosy neighbors will listen to gunfire all night long on their big screen TVs and never complain one time. But teach a kid how to shoot and it's the end of the world.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    LOL. Watch out for them scouters.

"A county sheriff ought to know that, as far as environmental hazards go, the lead on a shooting range isn't much of a threat. "

EHHHHHH It depends also it depends on if they are shooting over wetlands.

"A county sheriff ought to know that shotgun shells won't suddenly explode in a fireball just because somebody is smoking a cigarette nearby."

If the guy was a bigger **** I would be complaining to BSA at the National level because I believe that is against BSA regulation to smoke in front of scouters.

"A county sheriff ought to know that the Boy Scouts are an important organization that does a lot of good for our country and our kids."

You are CORRECT!

"And he shouldn't liken them to terrorists just to grab headlines for his own anti-gun agenda."

REMEMBER The MOVIE RED DAWN how did the communitst refer to BSA- a Para Military organization-aka EAGLE SCOUT -emphasis with a hispanic accent.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    The Sheriff WILL understand the ballot box come next election time....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Assistant Administrator
    It's to be hoped you are right Randy - re the time to vote but - one wonders how many of the nay-saying neighbors will insure otherwise.

Sporting clays huh - so that's now terroristic is it. Shucks - I wonder what label would be used on plain ol' handgun target shooting ........ maybe ''homicidal mania" ??

And so things go - ever downhill in increments
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Im shocked there wasn't a comment in there about "Shooting clays is only pre-emptive training to teach them how to bring down airliners with shotguns or those .50 cal rifles!"

I learned to shoot in Cub Scouts. It was one of the things that kept me really interested in it. But these people have to go and plod all over them? These are like the people that move in next door to a racetrack and then complain about the noise so that the track has to be shut down. (This actually happened outside Phoenix near Luke AFB)
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Lol - it's like that out near me. I'm in Bluemont VA and until the last few years about the only thing out here was a few houses and cattle land. Now we've got the "eastern silicon valley folks" that don't like guns or bugs or funny smells or ...[replace your choice icky outdoors word here]... moving out here (and a few LEO's that are quite frankly off their rockers). Every time my neighbor or I try to bring down a deer...out comes the county sheriffs deputy car (presumably on a noise complaint). Hence why I bought a suppressor for "target" practice out back.

These goofballs are really getting old.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I'd hate to be that Sherriff depending on this medic, if he sprung a leak in the line of duty.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    that's absolutely ridiculous!

I was in scouts from age 6 to 18, I'm an Eagle Scout, and I learned to shoot in scouts, just like many others did. It was always responsible and safe, and a heck of a lot of fun for the kids (and the scout leaders too).

I've seen the scouts get mud flung at them before, and they always get right back up and keep going. For the sake of the scouters in that troop, I hope this incident will be no different.

Lead Moderator
    As an Eagle Scout/terrorist I guess I should expect a visit from homeland security any minute now.......
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

incredibly disappointing.

the community as a whole should be embarassed and demand that sheriff explain himself

+1 with you rstickle

Oh, when can we understand that these people must not be allowed to reproduce...

Well, as a fellow Eagle Scout, gun owner, and apparent marksman for the Unified People of the Bill of Rights, I feel I might as well go handcuff myself, as if I use this sherrif's logic, I am up to no good....

Maybe he is upset as he has to ride the short bus to work...
    NRA Member

"...the Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’” - Ronald Reagan

Lol if BSA is a terrorist org, half the men in the united states are in BIG doo doo.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

As an Eagle Scout who has a son who is also an Eagle Scout, I absolutely hate it when I see attacks on the BSA! In most counties sheriffs are elected and may not possess the skills and training required of their appointed counterparts in law enforcement. It is a political position and different opinions concerning weapons can exist. I am lucky enough to live in an area where the sheriffs in the surrounding counties are highly trained law enforcement professionals who support the 2nd amendment. However, because this is an elected position, I know this could change someday. I hope that BSA will back up the camp here and work to change the culture, but I know this can be slow to happen. Unfortunately with the influx of sheeple into the countryside, we will continue to face increasing pressure to quit shooting our guns. When I was growing up we used to shoot in the country and no one paid any attention except to be sure we weren't going to accidentally shoot a cow. Times have changed! We have to work to educate the uninformed and get them on our side so that the malicious anti-gunners can't win. I love the BSA and the work they do improving the lives of boys who might not otherwise ever experience the outdoors and probably would not be exposed to the morals and ethics that BSA teaches. Sorry this is so long, but this situation and others like it always touch a nerve with me.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    On a side note, Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake VA has one of those "we keep the street clean" signs, sponsored by the Islamic Sea Scouts. I looked them up on the web, they seem to be an Islamic version of the BSA. Maybe the Sheriff was thinking about them!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links