Jesse Jackson joins the anti crowd!

This is a discussion on Jesse Jackson joins the anti crowd! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...=2007707260337 Yep. Ol' Jesse has joined the anti crowd to get some publicity. If anyone has had the "honor" of hearing this man speak, they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Jackson joins the anti crowd!

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...=2007707260337

Yep. Ol' Jesse has joined the anti crowd to get some publicity.
    If anyone has had the "honor" of hearing this man speak, they know what I mean when I say this. Like other grand standers, this one can talk around and around a subject without ever getting to the meat of the matter. He even contradicts himself.
    Now, he thinks that terrorist are buying assault weapons in legal gun stores, and he wants to picket the gun stores. Semi automatics are getting attention too, because "we have no defense from semi automatic weapons at home." I don't know about you guys, but my protection sits strong side hip. He hasn't been in the news lately, so I guess he needs some camera time.

Administrator
    I am not being smart when I say this, but I honestly think the man is retarded. He needs a dictonary too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Rev. Riot is always there to stir things up...but he never solves real problems...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Uh.....why is this news??

Guess you missed the whole Chuck's Guns fiasco with Jackson and Pfleger.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

He has always been the back half of a very flatulent horse.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

On THR they have proposed a Buy a Gun day on that day.

And it's even my day off. Gonna start counting my pennies!

Jackson joins the anti crowd? Didn't know he was anything else. If it walks, talks and smells like a duck ...

[Jackson] "we have no defense from semi automatic weapons at home."
    Well, they would, if they'd simply realize that arming one's self is the first step to redemption, in this regard. Got risk of guns being used against you and the tooth fairie not granting your wishes? Get a gun and learn how to competently use it in your own defense. Then you'll have defense from a gun, semi-auto or otherwise, at home or otherwise.

Duh.

Whatever else you do, Jackson et al, taking away my ability to defend myself against those guns won't help you be better prepared against the same criminals with guns. It'll only mean I'm in the same pile of cow dung as you, with little ability to defend myself. That is the full result of such disarmament desires by those who don't think through the ramifications. Disarming me won't protect you, 'cause I'm not the one gunnin' for you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

BAC
    You knoooooow... I've an ex whom I care deeply about living in the Greenville/Spartanburg area, who is for the use of firearms for personal defense, though does not currently have one for herself. I'll be selfish for a moment and suggest that it would be in Mister Jackson's best interest that she not be harmed as a result of those barring access to gun shops.

I hope Greenville residents feel the same way I do. Judging by the folks I know there, many will. Laid back town, but a strong cultural tie to firearms and taking care of one's own down (up?) there.

I still won't refer to him as "Reverend" until he legitimately earns the title. As I recall, he was kicked out of "priest school" (or dropped out, as it were) and was later given the title when he started gaining notoriety. Not legitimate in my books.

-B

there are only two things that get that man excited and that is him being in the newspaper and money and the two normally go hand in hand. i will have to add that he does like to hear himself talk though. i also agree that he has no right to call himself a rev. number one he does not work for ANY church but the church of MONEY and number 2 he is only looking our for number 1!

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    You knoooooow... I've an ex whom I care deeply about living in the Greenville/Spartanburg area, who is for the use of firearms for personal defense, though does not currently have one for herself. I'll be selfish for a moment and suggest that it would be in Mister Jackson's best interest that she not be harmed as a result of those barring access to gun shops.

I hope Greenville residents feel the same way I do. Judging by the folks I know there, many will. Laid back town, but a strong cultural tie to firearms and taking care of one's own down (up?) there.

I still won't refer to him as "Reverend" until he legitimately earns the title. As I recall, he was kicked out of "priest school" (or dropped out, as it were) and was later given the title when he started gaining notoriety. Not legitimate in my books.

-B
    No one here that I know of calls him "Rev" either. Yes, we do have a majority of pro-gun people here. I just thought it was funny that he chose now to show boat this. We have a running joke about how he jumps on a bandwagon when he hasn't gotten alot of publicity for a while.

VIP Member
    Iam with SIXTO on this one...

He is nothing more than a panhandler and a gas bag. He must have figured he can somehow strong arm and blackmail yet another group to make a "contribution" to his rainbow coalition scam. I'd bet his personal security staff was packing semi autos. He makes rhymes, not sense.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I am not being smart when I say this, but I honestly think the man is retarded. He needs a dictonary too.
    What he needs is to shut up, and to go away.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    "we have no defense from semi automatic weapons at home."

If that's not empty, meaningless grandstanding, then nothing is.
    It's a swipe at the evil semi-automatics, because they're the unpopular item of the day at this point.

Does he mean that we have plenty of defense against pump shotguns, high-powered revolvers, et al.? I guess so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links