Typical Lame Response on National Park Carry

This is a discussion on Typical Lame Response on National Park Carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent an email to Tom Davis asking for his support for the bill to allow carry in the National Parks. Here is his typical ...

Thread: Typical Lame Response on National Park Carry

Typical Lame Response on National Park Carry

I sent an email to Tom Davis asking for his support for the bill to allow carry in the National Parks. Here is his typical song and dance reply which told me that he is against it and is praying it doesn't make it out of committee where he would be forced to vote on it:

Dr. Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1897, the National Park Second Amendment Restoration and Personal Protection Act of 2007.

I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, H.R. 1897, introduced by Representative Ron Paul (R-TX), would prohibit any federal regulation from restricting an individual's right to possess or carry a firearm in a unit of the National Park Service.

Currently, this legislation is under consideration by the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands. While I do not serve on this committee, please be assured that I will keep your comments in mind should H.R. 1897 come before the full House for a vote. By the way, I don't give a rats ass what your opinion is!

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed of issues of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Tom Davis
    Member of Congress

Here is my translation of his response:

Dear Peasant,

Thanks for wasting my valuable time.

I hate it when people like you actually think you have a voice.

As you may know, Ron Paul is one of those gun nuts who cause me all kinds of problems with my constituents.

This bill is thankfully buried deep in committee with a snowballs chance of being heard - THANK GOD! Otherwise, I would have to show my true colors by voting against it.

Again, thanks for wasting my time. You should run along and play and let your betters continue to decide what is best for you.

Be sure to vote for me.

Tom Davis
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Dr. Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1897, the National Park Second Amendment Restoration and Personal Protection Act of 2007.

I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, H.R. 1897, introduced by Representative Ron Paul (R-TX), would prohibit any federal regulation from restricting an individual's right to possess or carry a firearm in a unit of the National Park Service.

Currently, this legislation is under consideration by the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands. While I do not serve on this committee, please be assured that I will keep your comments in mind should H.R. 1897 come before the full House for a vote. By the way, I don't give a rats ass what your opinion is!
    Again, thank you for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed of issues of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Tom Davis
    Member of Congress
    Is this a joke? Is this a verbatim transcript of Davis's e-mail? Did he actually say the highlighted sentence?

I find it hard to believe that an elected representative would write something like this to a constituent.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Are you sure?
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If indeed he did say that then come next election cycle I think that needs forwarding to his opposition.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    My congress-critter is the ONLY co-sponsor of that bill (Rep Virgil Goode, Va).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

OK....my brain damage got the best of me. I meant to paste the "rats ass" quote in my translation. I just screwed it up.

It's one of my endearing traits!

I didn't receive any response from my letter...not a big surprise

Honestly, I think it's a form letter. I've written him myself several times over the years and they almost always came back looking EXACTLY like your's, transposing for different subjects and bill numbers etc..., but the rest is the same. I think they just add the bill and title and send the form away.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

the only thing that talks to most politians these days is money and who will give them the most of it. sad but true. they care what is in their best intrest not wht intrests of those they represent. it is getting really really sad =o(

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Honestly, I think it's a form letter. I've written him myself several times over the years and they almost always came back looking EXACTLY like your's, transposing for different subjects and bill numbers etc..., but the rest is the same. I think they just add the bill and title and send the form away.
    I agree that it is a form letter but I have noticed that I ONLY get these form letters when the politician doesn't agree with my position but doesn't want to say so.

I have sent letters to Davis on other issues and on the ones he agrees with, he states that he will sponsor the bill and do what he can to move it along.

This form letter just shows that he is not going to do anything about it.

Links