Interesting Feinstein quote!

This is a discussion on Interesting Feinstein quote! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; “Once you sacrifice rights, it’s hard to get those rights protected again” Sen. Dianne Feinstein , on pressure to expand government surveillance of suspected terrorists. ...

Thread: Interesting Feinstein quote!

Interesting Feinstein quote!

“Once you sacrifice rights, it’s hard to get those rights protected again”
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, on pressure to expand government surveillance of suspected terrorists.

Exactly!!! That is why I do not plan on ever making such a sacrifice.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    See, the thing is, I know you're pointing out the inconsistency between her position on things like "domestic spying" and gun control.

SHE DOESN'T VIEW US TO HAVE GUN RIGHTS, PERIOD. So she doesn't see incrementally stricter gun control--or even gun BANS--as a forfeiture of rights!!

VIP Member
    Here are some other gems from her majesty:
    "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in," I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here." -U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's "60 Minutes," February 5, 1995, speaking about her authorship of the 1994 "assault weapons" ban

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe." -U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, quoted by the Associated Press, November 18, 1993

"Because less than twenty years ago I was the target of a terrorist group. It was the New World Liberation Front. They blew up power stations and put a bomb at my home when my husband was dying of cancer. And the bomb didn't detonate. ... I was very lucky. But, I thought of what might have happened. Later the same group shot out all the windows of my home" "And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me." -U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat from California
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

But she is right that once lost, you aren't going to get any 'rights' back ever again.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    But she is right that once lost, you aren't going to get any 'rights' back ever again.
    Really? Weren't Americans of Japanese descent imprisoned to help protect America during WWII? They, in fact, had their rights restored.

As usual, Feinstein is clueless as to history as well as appropriate national policy. The fact of the matter is that surveillance techniques used to defend our nation against our enemies foreign or domestic is absolutely Constitutional. I hope people understand that there is the pesky word 'unreasonable' in the Fourth Amendment.

As to her views on gun grabbing...well...she is a typical liberal. But that does not change the fact that the courts are now finding that DC's gun ban is inconsistent with the Second Amendment. It seems again that we are restoring rights that were unconstitutionally revoked. I am glad I no longer live in California.

Senior Moderator
    With liberals, all people are created equal...but some are more equal than others...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I wonder what her feeling would've been if someone had told her she coudn't have a gun for protection when she was "the target of a terrorist group."

All I've got to say is, come live in OUR neighborhood where speaking English means you're in the minority - where Police helicopters overhead aren't at all uncommon and home invasions DO in fact happen (it happened to us). Wonder if she'd like to trade her million dollar home for our working class, third floor apartment or her security detail (Secret Service?) for our steel security bar under the door knob and all-too-necessary self reliance for home security? Probably not, huh?
    Jack

She is a hack politician, and she personifies the word hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    It is like gas prices. When they go up a dollar, then eventually come back down 20 cents, we feel relieved that they dropped, forgetting what they were like before they ever rose the first dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Really? Weren't Americans of Japanese descent imprisoned to help protect America during WWII? They, in fact, had their rights restored.
    They were also paid reparations for the ridiculous violation of their rights.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

HYPOCRITE, HYPOCRITE, HYPOCRITE that is all this woman is, as well as a patholigical liar. I totally agree with previous regarding the fact that she ought to live in the real world for a while; But the worst part is the fact that she carreid a concealed weapon for a while. That is the hypocrisy of the liberal Democrats; It is OK to ban firearms ownership for you and I, but not for her and her buddies, they have "special" exceptions.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I wonder what her feeling would've been if someone had told her she coudn't have a gun for protection when she was "the target of a terrorist group."

All I've got to say is, come live in OUR neighborhood where speaking English means you're in the minority - where Police helicopters overhead aren't at all uncommon and home invasions DO in fact happen (it happened to us). Wonder if she'd like to trade her million dollar home for our working class, third floor apartment or her security detail (Secret Service?) for our steel security bar under the door knob and all-too-necessary self reliance for home security? Probably not, huh?
    Jack
    Here here! Well said.

Although, in the interest of fairness, I'm not sure about the English speaking part (not all immigrants are criminals, after all), but she sure does preach from an ivory tower.

cw

Well if I recall Osama said in one of his fatwa that it is the duty of all good muslims to kill Americans where ever they find them. As he was the head of a terrorist organization when he said that does that mean Feinstein now believes that every American should be carrying concealed like she was?

Links