National Recoprocity Act of 2017 - Page 5

National Recoprocity Act of 2017

This is a discussion on National Recoprocity Act of 2017 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 So, essentially you are saying that we don't want to gain that right because at some point in the future it ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: National Recoprocity Act of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So, essentially you are saying that we don't want to gain that right because at some point in the future it might be taken away from us?
    Think he's saying he doesn't want National Carry because it will allow future administrations to easily take away the rights we already had even before National Carry. He's being realistic, and I agree. There's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube once it's out.

Right now with my carry permits, I can carry in all but 12 states. As it is now, Blomberg and Dems will have to go through and win state legislation in more than three dozen states to be able to make changes to carry and reprocity laws. They've been successful in some, but most state's carry and reprocity laws have been improving. It's not a question of "if" but "when" Libs win the Congress and the Presidency again. With National Reprocity, they'll only have to amend and push through one law, probably right after a horrific shooting, to be able to limit carry rights in all states including the current gun friendly ones...

I don't make decision based on how things should work or should be in the world and in this country. I make decision based on how things actually work, how they are, how they have been, and how they will continue to be. IMHO, that's the difference the gun owners who support this law, and those who do not.... There's a path to National Reprocity that I laid out in previous post, but IMHO, the current path is one that I can not support.

Perhaps the reason while professional licensing has not been subject to the "Full Faith and Credit" clause is because congress, for whatever reason, has not passed such a law. That does not mean that it is not within their power to do so however.
    It's because a License issued to an individual or group is not a "Public Act" as defined by law.

So, essentially you are saying that we don't want to gain that right because at some point in the future it might be taken away from us?
    That's what it sounds like to me.

We do not need to pass pro-gun legislation to fear the Democrats anti-gun agenda. If they come back to power, they can pass legislation Banning All Interstate Reciprocity, whether this law is passed or not.
    Mike1956 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Keep the Feds out of it. This is one foot hold that we absolutely have to maintain.

They have proven time and time again that the initial intent, and layman's terms of a law, can get so screwed when professional politicians and lawyers get a hold of it.

99.9% of the laws that are passed typically do more harm to the general population than good, then you get that schitzy .1% that goes the right direction (I.E. Obama's Credit Card law that happened to include OK to carry in National Parks - another painful reminder about unrelated write in lines, albeit good for us for once).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Keep the Feds out of it. This is one foot hold that we absolutely have to maintain.

They have proven time and time again that the initial intent, and layman's terms of a law, can get so screwed when professional politicians and lawyers get a hold of it.

99.9% of the laws that are passed typically do more harm to the general population than good, then you get that schitzy .1% that goes the right direction (I.E. Obama's Credit Card law that happened to include OK to carry in National Parks - another painful reminder about unrelated write in lines, albeit good for us for once).
    The Feds have been in it since before Lexington and Concord. The foot-hold of which you speak is imaginary. Your more harm than good assertion is, imo, absurd.

Six pages into it, and I'm still for the National Reciprocity Act of 2017.
    steve4102 likes this.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

Passing a law - which can be altered/amended any time, very easily...to enforce the Second Amendment of the Constitution???

Do you not see the very probable problem with that?

Look, I'm on your side. It's a right (now a very watered down, compromised near oblivion, and on life support right), not a privilege. We should be able to carry in all 50 +DC. Passing a law to make it happen... No good will come from this in the end.
    Havok likes this.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Passing a law - which can be altered/amended any time, very easily...to enforce the Second Amendment of the Constitution???

Do you not see the very probable problem with that?

Look, I'm on your side. It's a right (now a very watered down, compromised near oblivion, and on life support right), not a privilege. We should be able to carry in all 50 +DC. Passing a law to make it happen... No good will come from this in the end.
    No good has come from allowing the individual states to trample the 2nd Amendment from its very inception. Yes, a good law reinforcing the 2A for all law-abiding Americans is very preferable to the many bad laws currently in force at the state levels.
    CalCarry and Pistology like this.

Ed Koch

No good has come from allowing the individual states to trample the 2nd Amendment from its very inception. Yes, a good law reinforcing the 2A for all law-abiding Americans is very preferable to the many bad laws currently in force at the state levels.
    To that I say to those people living in those states - Best get going on pressuring your own Govt to get with the program, don't wait on the unicorn bill at the federal level.

A majority of states have made real headway in that dept in the last 10 years. We need to keep pushing on a state level to keep it going, and stop the setbacks. I'm still bitter about CO and the magazine law, private transfer (thank god it is a watered down version) and a couple other kicks to the groin. We rolled people out of office once, we'll do it again.

Somebody please bring back the art of "Repealing Laws".
    TeflonDon likes this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

VIP Member
    To that I say to those people living in those states - Best get going on pressuring your own Govt to get with the program, don't wait on the unicorn bill at the federal level.

A majority of states have made real headway in that dept in the last 10 years. We need to keep pushing on a state level to keep it going, and stop the setbacks. I'm still bitter about CO and the magazine law, private transfer (thank god it is a watered down version) and a couple other kicks to the groin. We rolled people out of office once, we'll do it again.

The may-issue states, in most which gun owners have been legislated into near-single-digit minority statuses, will never relent without federal action.

As for Colorado, well, Hinkenlooper got re-elected despite his anti-gun efforts.
    CalCarry likes this.

Ed Koch

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    Colorado is right behind California and if you think there aren't people here fighting this your mistaken. The problem is that a certain party which now has a supermajority does not care about listening to reason or science for that matter. All they care about is their agenda and the ends justify the means in their opinion. If you ask individual law enforcement officers here in California it they feel their family and friends should carry for self protection they say absolutely, but when it comes to their neighbors or the people that pay the taxes to support them they say no, "we don't want more guns on the street". If all our ridiculous laws were shared by our LEO brethren we would not have them. They would fight it but since they are excluded they are really (elitists) or above these laws and if they want their raises and pensions they keep quiet.

They recently passed a cowfart bill here to reduce methane emissions, the plan is to place large airbags on the backs of cows to catch the methane and store it. Nobody pointed out that someone will need to stick the hose back in everytime they fart, so obviously they are not concerned with reality here just feel good measures they can brag about to their Frisco friend and families. When the cost of milk goes to $10 a gallon and cheese is $15/lb the poor will pay dearly for this especially if they have children. It's clear that they want to drive the cows out of the state, along with the gunowners. Poor people can drink Chinese melamine tainted milk formula, and pee plastic for all they care, this is for the environment.
    Mike1956 and Melvin like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CalCarry View Post
    Colorado is right behind California and if you think there aren't people here fighting this your mistaken. The problem is that a certain party which now has a supermajority does not care about listening to reason or science for that matter. All they care about is their agenda and the ends justify the means in their opinion. If you ask individual law enforcement officers here in California it they feel their family and friends should carry for self protection they say absolutely, but when it comes to their neighbors or the people that pay the taxes to support them they say no, "we don't want more guns on the street". If all our ridiculous laws were shared by our LEO brethren we would not have them. They would fight it but since they are excluded they are really (elitists) or above these laws and if they want their raises and pensions they keep quiet.

They recently passed a cowfart bill here to reduce methane emissions, the plan is to place large airbags on the backs of cows to catch the methane and store it. Nobody pointed out that someone will need to stick the hose back in everytime they fart, so obviously they are not concerned with reality here just feel good measures they can brag about to their Frisco friend and families. When the cost of milk goes to $10 a gallon and cheese is $15/lb the poor will pay dearly for this especially if they have children. It's clear that they want to drive the cows out of the state, along with the gunowners. Poor people can drink Chinese melamine tainted milk formula, and pee plastic for all they care, this is for the environment.
    Personally, I believe that elitist mentality splashes over a bit on some from the shall-issue states who would rather tell you to move or oust your supermajority than to have the feds extend the same rights to you that the rest of us in the shall-issues now enjoy. The sooner National Reciprocity becomes the law of the land, the better.
    dangerranger and CalCarry like this.

Ed Koch

Apparently not. In 2013 Democrats Morse and Giron were "recalled" by voters and replaced with Republicans George Rivera and Bernie Herpin.

In the 2014 Senate elections 13 months later, both Rivera and Herpin were defeated by their Democratic opponents.

Didn't do it the first time long enough to make any difference. Went right back to business as usual ASAP.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    I looked today and found my Congressman was not a sponsor, I called his office and asked why. His staffer didn't know what his position was so I told him to pass on his constituent would like him to co-sponsor. I'll keep checking back to make sure he does.

And when I call next week I'll ask why he's not a co-sposor of the Hearing Protection Act.
    Mike1956 and Sister like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

VIP Member

Did you get rid of the restrictions Colorado enacted a few years ago with the recall of a couple legislators?
    steve4102 likes this.

Ed Koch

Did you get rid of the restrictions Colorado enacted a few years ago with the recall of a couple legislators?
    Not only did CO not get rid of these "restrictions", they didn't get rid of the Democrats, they voted them right back in again.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links