National Recoprocity Act of 2017 - Page 6

National Recoprocity Act of 2017

This is a discussion on National Recoprocity Act of 2017 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you look at the county election results in Colorado you'll see how a couple of population centers are running the state, dragging it along ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: National Recoprocity Act of 2017

If you look at the county election results in Colorado you'll see how a couple of population centers are running the state, dragging it along by the ear. This is very similar to the historical liberal takeover we saw in California.

Colorado's future freedom is bleak to say the least. As their neighbor it saddens me... and frightens me. I used to hunt there and occasionally lectured at CSU and UCD. Liaised with the DEA Denver Div back in the day. Now I don't even feel welcome in the state.
    CalCarry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    The numbers just don't work that way in some of these states. Denver alone has well over half the state's population. Tough numbers for the rural areas to overcome.

The big pop centers are also the focus of state campaigns thus a lot of money successfully targeted to voters readily accessible. Much more expensive and time consuming to thoroughly work the rurals. Colorado had the chance to break the stranglehold held by the libs a few years ago but failed to keep the momentum in place.
    CO has a population of 5.4 Million. Denver has a population of 650 K. That's more like 12%, not even close to half.

Denver has 12% of the population, not all of them are Liberal Democrats. 35% of CO residents are Gun Owners, not all of them are Republicans.

Simple math shows us that Big City Liberals only control the State because the Rural Gun owners let them.

I should have been more specific. The Metro Denver area - the big lib bastion - is approximately 3 million.

Metro Denver Population
    Adams 490,829
    Arapahoe 630,564
    Boulder 319,177
    Broomfield (City/County) 64,788
    Denver (City/County) 683,096
    Douglas 322,017
    Jefferson 565,230
    TOTAL 3,075,701
    TeflonDon and CalCarry like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    If you look at the county election results in Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, and New York and you'll see how a couple of population centers are running the state, dragging it along by the ear. This is very similar to the historical liberal takeover we saw in California.

Colorado's future freedom is bleak to say the least. As their neighbor it saddens me... and frightens me. I used to hunt there and occasionally lectured at CSU and UCD. Liaised with the DEA Denver Div back in the day. Now I don't even feel welcome in the state.
    Fixed it for you.

The same holds true in different degrees in many of the more populous states.
    Holmes375 likes this.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

Distinguished Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So, essentially you are saying that we don't want to gain that right because at some point in the future it might be taken away from us?
    We already have the right to carry. The only difference is whether or not we are fine with handing control of that right to the same people that the right was designed for us to protect ourselves from. Thats just my opinion.
    TeflonDon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    We already have the right to carry. The only difference is whether or not we are fine with handing control of that right to the same people that the right was designed for us to protect ourselves from. Thats just my opinion.
    If you want to exercise your right tp carry a gun in the may-issues, have at. Personally, I will continue to advocate for national reciprocity.
    steve4102 likes this.

Ed Koch

If you want to exercise your right tp carry a gun in the may-issues, have at. Personally, I will continue to advocate for national reciprocity.
    Correct, I challenge anyone foot stomping and pounding their fists "Shall not be infringed" to carry open in NJ, or CA, or NY. Then when you get hauled up before the Judge, simply repeat the Second Amendment "Shall not be infringed". Anyone here wanna bet the Judge doesn't say,"Yup, you are right, I forgot about that Amendment, you are Free to Leave"?
    Mike1956 likes this.

if may issue states were a problem then the residents of those states would do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve4102 View Post
    Correct, I challenge anyone foot stomping and pounding their fists "Shall not be infringed" to carry open in NJ, or CA, or NY. Then when you get hauled up before the Judge, simply repeat the Second Amendment "Shall not be infringed". Anyone here wanna bet the Judge doesn't say,"Yup, you are right, I forgot about that Amendment, you are Free to Leave"?
    I guess I don't see what that has to do with this topic, or how that will change.
    TeflonDon likes this.

VIP Member
    if may issue states were a problem then the residents of those states would do something about it.

I guess I don't see what that has to do with this topic, or how that will change.
    By that logic, if slavery were really a problem in the antebellum south, those slave-holding states would have done something about it.

Ed Koch

There is definitely something to be said for both sides of this argument. I personally don't see states like Maryland, California, New Jersey, and New York making any positive changes without federal intervention. Then again, I don't know enough about law and politics to know if there is a way to prevent the federal government from reversing their actions when the "pendulum" swings the other way and the dems are in control again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Senior Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    By that logic, if slavery were really a problem in the antebellum south, those slave-holding states would have done something about it.
    I think the difference would be that the salves had no vote as to their enslavement whereas the free citizens of the may-issue states have willfully voted for the loss of their liberties. And since the constitution provides for free citizens to do such things to themselves, as a majority, it is how it goes.
    Havok and TeflonDon like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    I think the difference would be that the salves had no vote as to their enslavement whereas the free citizens of the may-issue states have willfully voted for the loss of their liberties. And since the constitution provides for free citizens to do such things to themselves, as a majority, it is how it goes.
    Not at all. The voting electorate of a state decides upon its lawmakers, and they make the laws. For voting purposes, a slave is no different than a minor, non-resident or anyone else not granted the vote in that particular jurisdiction.

Ed Koch

We have our laws here in Texas because of who we vote into office. People in California have their laws because of who they vote into office. I dont see the people in California voting out the anti gun liberals who are making the laws there.

so just how much are you willing to give up to have some version of this law passed.
    TeflonDon likes this.

VIP Member
    We have our laws here in Texas because of who we vote into office. People in California have their laws because of who they vote into office. I dont see the people in California voting out the anti gun liberals who are making the laws there.

so just how much are you willing to give up to have some version of this law passed.
    Back to my logic example, you have no slavery there in Texas because the federal government enacted and enforced abolition upon you, not because of anyone you or your ancestors voted into or out of office.

Where have we been asked, or has it been suggested that we give up anything for national reciprocity?

Ed Koch

Back to my logic example, you have no slavery there in Texas because the federal government enacted and enforced abolition upon you, not because of anyone you or your ancestors voted into or out of office.

Where have we been asked, or has it been suggested that we give up anything for national reciprocity?
    Slaves didn't have the opportunity to vote for change though. People who can own guns have rights.

We haven't been asked to give up anything. You think this law is just going to slide right through as is?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links