National Recoprocity Act of 2017

This is a discussion on National Recoprocity Act of 2017 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is being drawn up now for introduction after President Trump is sworn in: Congressman Preps National Concealed Carry Bill For Next Congress | The Daily ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: National Recoprocity Act of 2017

VIP Member

Is being drawn up now for introduction after President Trump is sworn in:

Congressman Preps National Concealed Carry Bill For Next Congress | The Daily Caller

The proposed language of the bill is contained in the news release.
    “I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.”

Ed Koch

Unfortunately, once passed (assuming it passes), it will likely be repealed once Democrats control the House, Senate, and Presidency.
    Chief of Income Acquisition (wife is Chief of Purchasing - of course)
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDiablo View Post
    Unfortunately, once passed (assuming it passes), it will likely be repealed once Democrats control the House, Senate, and Presidency.
    A: That's if they ever control all theee again.
    B: Why such a negative outlook right out of the gate?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Heck, I'd say okay to that bill...would be nice to be able to carry concealed in the other states...
    Ianthin, Stoveman and baren like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    A: That's if they ever control all theee again.
    B: Why such a negative outlook right out of the gate?
    Because I'm old enough to know the pendulum swings both directions (occasionally stopping for a brief respite in the middle). It's not being negative it's being realistic.
    Chief of Income Acquisition (wife is Chief of Purchasing - of course)
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDiablo View Post
    Because I'm old enough to know the pendulum swings both directions (occasionally stopping for a brief respite in the middle). It's not being negative it's being realistic.
    I like the direction the pendulum has just reversed to.

Ed Koch

Let's hope the supreme court does it's job and justifies a person's right to carry a gun in any state. I know this is very unlikely, but not because it isn't justified by the constitution.

It only makes sense that if your issued a driver's license and it's good for all 50 then why not a carry license? You take a road test and a written, and you do a proficiency test with a pistol along with a written test... Common sense isn't so common.
    The Old Anglo and Old Sarge like this.
    "Responsibility is the price of freedom." -Elbert Hubbard

VIP Member
    For a person who travels a lot and who lives in a state with draconian state carry laws, it might be nice to enjoy some freedom.

We just got constitutional carry as of Jan 1. That makes 8 states now.

If you come here, we already honor ALL permits from every other state. We already have it about as good as it gets in MO.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    As the various versions of national reciprocity bills go, I like that this one has teeth in it against those localities that snub their noses at rights of the people.
    Stoveman likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 226 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    I am excited about it. Although after a couple months thought I have to agree with the less excited. It needs to have verbiage which makes it all inclusive then sealed by the Supreme Court & forever locked up.

Even then doesn't sit quite exactly right. Is it not a lesser but yet another form of 2A infringement? Just wondering....
    Let's do it so the politics are out of it once and for all.

If it is going to be finally done then by Gosh do it right! Not quickly but Right. Just do it right and let's be done!
    CalCarry, Pijo73 and Havok like this.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsoftexas View Post
    I am excited about it. Although after a couple months thought I have to agree with the less excited. It needs to have verbiage which makes it all inclusive then sealed by the Supreme Court & forever locked up.

Even then doesn't sit quite exactly right. Is it not a lesser but yet another form of 2A infringement? Just wondering....
    Let's do it so the politics are out of it once and for all.

If it is going to be finally done then by Gosh do it right! Not quickly but Right. Just do it right and let's be done!
    I'm all for doing it right. The Ohio legislature's recent clinic on screwing up a half-way decent gun bill with amendments and compromises has confirmed my pessimism about lawmakers in general.
    rcsoftexas, CalCarry and Pijo73 like this.

Ed Koch

All a restrictive state has to do is pass more restrictive laws, and make it a pain just to carry in the state.

Example of what I mean might be: 1. only unloaded guns can be carried, 2. only a certain caliber can be carried say 32acp, 3. must have 1,000,000,000$ insurance to carry in our state, etc etc etc.

Some how this must be addressed or the dem-RATS will chew away at the rights of everyone.

Constitutional Carry nation wide might fix this, but it is still a uphill battle.
    CalCarry and Pijo73 like this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Interesting times. If it does pass then it might actually stick. Dear Leader will probably get the chance to pack the court with at least a few wingnuts, and odds are good they'll be pretty hard right.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I can see Kalifornia falling into step allowing concealed carry via a National system but prohibiting any form of concealed ammo ;)
    CalCarry, Pijo73 and sdprof like this.

VIP Member
    Push back in the form of more severe restrictions within their borders is a very real possibility from some of the may-issues, for sure. I would anticipate more poison pill additions to current restrictions and increases in the penalties for even inadvertent non-compliance. Ohio's transition from no-issue to shall-issue thirteen years ago involved several years, amended bills, vetoes and severe restrictions before finally happening.
    CalCarry likes this.

Ed Koch

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links