Do you know of PAX?

Do you know of PAX?

This is a discussion on Do you know of PAX? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.pax.com/ I read about this on msnbc web site and wonder is anyone has come across it or do you find facts and figures out ...

Thread: Do you know of PAX?

Do you know of PAX?

http://www.pax.com/
    I read about this on msnbc web site and wonder is anyone has come across it or do you find facts and figures out whack when quotes are made about child deaths due to firearms??? What is your take on this program???
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

I prefer Pax Baculum. ;)

DC Founder
    Define child. What age would be the upper limit of someone being referred to as being a "child"? I went through their site a bit and it looks like that includes 22 year olds since they have a story by one. If they are stretching it to 22 I would say that a pretty good number of those 9 per day are not simply "innocent children". Gangbangers, thugs, druggies and young criminals in general are, by their bad behavior going to be more likely to be killed than a "good kid". It's not an "epidemic of gun violence" that is killing them as they claim it is an epidemic of "punk violence". I for one, wouldn't grieve over many of them....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks Bumper for your analysis, my thoughts exactly. The other problem I had with the situation is only people who didn't own guns were the ones asking if the other kid's family had guns in their home. I am not making light of a person having their life taken away by a gun acident but; one of our law makers lost his son age 20 maybe because some other guy walks into the room with a shotgun that discharges into his head. So our very own lawmaker joins with the anti-gun crowd to introduce antigun bills. Did they not teach their child to be careful??
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    There are certain demographic strata that I no longer engage in the debate on guns. This is the group that would sell internal organs to strip the population of personal defense. They will always vote against your concerns and will never really be swayed by any stellar conduct you espouse. You're a "gun nut," and you have to be stopped.

Warm summer days for riding are too scarce for me to waste hours of senseless debate.

But to be fair, I also avoid that other radical strata which is unfortunately in our fold.

These are the guys who bury cases of 7.62x39 just for "the big one with ultimate world order." The guys with cammie underwear. Our dutiful friends with the bumper sticker "I'd rather be killing." The sterling divorced parent who hasn't seen his kid in six months but has bequeathed new mats to his dojo. The braggart in our midst who tells tales of making guys "kiss the pavement" but is totally lost kissing a girl.

These guys pay us no service. And the media is always ready to interview some toothless trailor park resident about freedom and firearms.

Our letters to the editor should be polite, not strident, and we should monitor our own discourse.

For example, I have plenty of 'firearms,' 'target pistols,' and 'hunting rifles.' And while everything in my collection can be a weapon, you and I both know the intended design.

Having said that, and while carefully monitoring my daily meds, I am still to be known in the press as that "psycho armed biker." I believe now, in later life, that this is a debate whose venue must be chosen with great care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Define child. What age would be the upper limit of someone being referred to as being a "child"? I went through their site a bit and it looks like that includes 22 year olds since they have a story by one. If they are stretching it to 22 I would say that a pretty good number of those 9 per day are not simply "innocent children". Gangbangers, thugs, druggies and young criminals in general are, by their bad behavior going to be more likely to be killed than a "good kid". It's not an "epidemic of gun violence" that is killing them as they claim it is an epidemic of "punk violence". I for one, wouldn't grieve over many of them....
    You are 100% correct. If this is the same "study", I'm thinking of, it was persons under the age of 21, so yes, all the little bangers are in there. HCI backed off using the info, a few years ago when a big stink was made over the facts. The second best day I ever had as an EMT: 6 GSW fatalities, 5 minutes apart, everyone a banger. I went home and had a beer to celebrate 6 fewer turd sticks in the neighborhood.

Links