NRA Board member against assault weapons

This is a discussion on NRA Board member against assault weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope I am within the rules of the forum here. An important quote from another forum. Enemy within – problem with NRA Board member ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA Board member against assault weapons

NRA Board member against assault weapons

I hope I am within the rules of the forum here. An important quote from another forum.

Enemy within – problem with NRA Board member

http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalk...on/jackson.asp

The link above is for an interview with NRA Board member Joaquin Jackson. In it, he states his distaste for private citizens to own so-called “assault weapons.” This is inexcusable coming from a NRA Board member. The offending comment is in the video which is at the bottom of the page.

I have sent an email to NRA secretary Edward Land demanding his dismissal.

I ask and urge you all do to the same!

Send complaints to Eland@nrahq.org
    Lets send some emails folks!

2. Remove Ads

I'm by no means an NRA basher (and I would ask that this thread not turn into that) but any NRA board member saying such things is far far more than "inexcusable"! Attitudes such as these are absolutely infuriating to law abiding gun owners. Sounds like another Zumbo situation.

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    I'm by no means an NRA basher (and I would ask that this thread not turn into that) but any NRA board member saying such things is far far more than "inexcusable"! Attitudes such as these are absolutely infuriating to law abiding gun owners. Sounds like another Zumbo situation.

Exactly, rather than bashing we simply need to take action.

Actually I left out the Zumbo part of the post....I am not familiar with that. He said "lets Zumbo him"?

BAC
    It's the last video, for what it's worth.

That annoys me as much as the Zumbo thing. Heh.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    It's the last video, for what it's worth.

That annoys me as much as the Zumbo thing. Heh.

-B
    What is the Zumo Thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Zumbo

basically Zumbo is a well known firearms writer that called things like AKs and ARs "terrorist" rifles....he got a LOT of flak for it and has sence made a retraction and appology to the firearms community after shooting with Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

basically Zumbo is a well known firearms writer that called things like AKs and ARs "terrorist" rifles....he got a LOT of flak for it and has sence made a retraction and appology to the firearms community after shooting with Ted Nugent
    After he lost his job and some big sponsors. I haven't seen anything about him recently, but some of his later articles and letters seemed to indicate a real turn-around.

I hope the same can be said for Mr. Jackson here. These kind of comments serve only to divide gun-owners, and they completely miss what the NRA is supposed to represent.

Here is the letter I sent. I am not currently a member but it has been on my list of things to get done this month....until this.

Dear Edward Land,

As a person who was just about to become a member of the NRA, I am disturbed by the comments of board member Joaquin Jackson, regarding assault rifles in this interview http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalk...on/jackson.asp .

If it is the attitude of the NRA that the second amendment only refers to hunting then something is wrong. Katrina brought home the reality, that we must be able to defend our homes in times of disaster and crisis. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting and everything to do with self defense, the defense of our loved ones and country if need be.

I will respectfully wait until the dismissal of Mr. Joaquin Jackson before becoming a paying member and ardent supporter of your organization. Please feel free to advise me of this occurrence and count on my immediate reciprocation of a paid membership in kind.

There are too many against the 2nd amendment to allow a person like Joaquin Jackson to remain seated on the board of your/our organization, the NRA. I respectfully ask for his immediate dismissal.

Respectfully Submitted

I received a read receipt this morning
    Last edited by Mad_Max; August 14th, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Sponsor
    Heres a copy of what I just sent....I did notice the vid was originaly broadcast on June 16th, this may have already been addressed, we'll see.........................

Mr Land,

My name is Mark Craighead and I am the owner of CrossBreed Holsters. I have recently been speaking with Randy Clark about distributing NRA membership materials with our products and also memberships for myself and crew.

However I recently came across this on one of the web forums.

///////.....Enemy within – problem with NRA Board member

http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalk...on/jackson.asp

The link above is for an interview with NRA Board member Joaquin Jackson. In it, he states his distaste for private citizens to own so-called “assault weapons.” This is inexcusable coming from a NRA Board member. The offending comment is in the video which is at the bottom of the page......//////////

Please provide me with some clarification as to the attitude of the NRA leadership regarding "so called" assault weapons. A man with the attitude of Mr Jackson would easily play right into the hands of those who would strip us of our very freedoms (those which are left) even if it is one little piece at a time.

It is elitist attitudes such as "civilians should only have 5 rounds" that gall me to the bone.

Is Mr Jackson's opinion shared by the rest of the board?

CrossBreed Holsters as a company as well as myself personally will definitely be joining in the fight which is coming for 2008 and beyond. The resources we commit to this fight will be directed to those orginazations which will most effectively use them.

It gives me pause to reconsider contributing resources to the NRA if attitudes such as Mr Jackson's are prevalent or accepted among the NRA leadership.

Respectfully awaiting your reply.

Mark Craighead

Mark Craighead
    Owner
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Heres a copy of what I just sent....I did notice the vid was originaly broadcast on June 16th, this may have already been addressed, we'll see.........................

When I pulled it up to view the video, it wouldn't play. I did notice that the date of the original viewing was June 16, 2005 though.

1943 - 2009
    IIRC, Joaquin Jackson is a retired Texas Ranger.

That makes his comments doubly disturbing.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    When I pulled it up to view the video, it wouldn't play. I did notice that the date of the original viewing was June 16, 2005 though.
    You need to have QuickTime Realplayer installed to view it.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    IIRC, Joaquin Jackson is a retired Texas Ranger.

That makes his comments doubly disturbing.
    My thoughts exactly.........."civilians only need 5 rounds"..... to Mr Jackson, retired Texas Ranger or not.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC

and also had his statements read into the Congressional Records as those of a firearms expert and enthusiast whose was opposed to the civilian ownership of such rifles.

Mr. Zumbo is doing what he can to make ammends but like a doctor who cuts off the wrong leg in surgery you can never make the situation completely right.

I am and now I'm rolling in my filth of "I told ya so"'s for those now beginning to see the writing on the walls. I told them why they lost my membership a couple years back when they repeatedly called asking why I was no longer renewing or contributing. If they ever get their act together I might consider rejoining and contributing again, but I suspect that won't happen anytime soon.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links