Defensive Carry banner

Another threat to 2A

946 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Daddy Warcrimes 
#1 ·
From : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_sc/brf_condor_dead;_ylt=Av0kLFS2cJKyP_x5DHWKYres0NUE

In pertinent part: "Researchers believe the condor, North America's largest flying bird, may have ingested lead paint or soil contaminated with lead bullet fragments.

Scientists at the zoo were not able to determine the source of the bird's lead poisoning, said Dr. Janna Wynne, a veterinarian with the Los Angeles Zoo."

Doesn't drive you crazy?! It does me! The first paragraph above is so veiled anti ... oh those poor, poor, defenseless condors eating lead those nasty, nasty gun-nutz leave around...

What about other lead sources? What about the lead foil in those x-ray packets the hygienist or dental assistant jams in your mouth. Oh, those poor birds being abused by the evil American Dental Association and its minions!

Wait a minute! I just checked other lead sources... This from: http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/toxicagents/lead/lead.html

(Note the prestegious Cornell!!)

"Sources In the Home
Lead-Based Paint-Present on many surfaces in homes not recently rebuilt or remodeled
Lead Pipes-More common in older homes
Lead Solder -On pipes and water heaters
Enameled or Ceramic Pots and Dishware-Improper glazing can leech lead into foods
Paper Wrappings-Holiday paper and party decorations (10g/kg)
Food Packages-Polythene plastic bags, flour bags(20mg/kg),cardboard boxes with dyes (50mg/kg)
Candy Packaging-Candy bar wrappers(7g/kg), Colored sports trading cards packaged with gum(88mg/kg)

Although lead paint chips are still the most common source of acute lead poisoning, candy wrappers and food packaging are of particular concern because they are in direct contact with immediately consumed items. It is important to keep these items from being consumed, chewed or licked."

Mmmm....where's the bullet?

Which just adds to my point. There is this anti-gun theme running in the media which is pure ... well I have been once chastised for altering an explitive on the board, so let me say ... is pure anti.

And the second paragraph illucidates that even further! The holy grail of <<SCIENCE>> hasn't a clue where the offending lead had come from. Alas! Our savior journalist has planted the most probable source in our minds, namely the wicked gun owners of America!

(Candy wrappers???? Where's the outcry??? We're poisoning our kids!!!!)

Uh...where's that rant off button? .... .... .... click!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, hit a nerve did they? I must agree though, many are quick to blame something they either dislike or don't understand. For the anti's this is usually both.

#3 ·
They have already made up their minds, so don't try to confuse them with the facts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.