Reasonable Gun Control Solution

This is a discussion on Reasonable Gun Control Solution within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wonder how long it would take to reduce gun violence if this went nation wide? I don't think the 2nd Amendment would be at ...

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Solution

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue

I wonder how long it would take to reduce gun violence if this went nation wide? I don't think the 2nd Amendment would be at risk after about 2-3 years.

T.H.U.G.S.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

the 2nd amendment will always be at risk. politicians don't care about the contents of a bill they support, only the votes, money, and/or power it will gain them.

sounds like a good program, if the details don't involve losing anonymity. people that know these types of people are scared to talk.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

VIP Member
    If 500,000 took 100 thugs off the street, would that save 500K in medical expenses?

Chances are if it prevented one or two shootings in which the victim was hurt critically, this program would pay for itself.

First notice that it's "lead to arrest" and not to a conviction (which is the usual for rewards).

Plus it seems to be enough to satisfy many in the "underground economy" that know these thugs... in other words I am guessing that they may start to turn on each other for 5 G's.

Why hasn't the news media make a big thing about this?

Just to show you both the bias and shallowness in that industry.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by homepcmd View Post
    First notice that it's "lead to arrest" and not to a conviction (which is the usual for rewards).

Plus it seems to be enough to satisfy many in the "underground economy" that know these thugs... in other words I am guessing that they may start to turn on each other for 5 G's.

Why hasn't the news media make a big thing about this?

Just to show you both the bias and shallowness in that industry.

I don't expect anything from the media.
    But I haven't heard anything about this from LE either. This summer they pushed the big 'Click it or Ticket'. There's no reason this should not have been put out to the public yet. I also believe that if local LE went to TV and radio it would be put out.
    Course I don't really watch too much local news but I do listen to local radio and read the newspapers.

Anyone know how long this has been in effect?

First I've heard of this...
    The 10, 20, Life bill boards are all over, I wonder why this isn't advertised more?
    Anything, if it helps put more dirtbags behind bars...however, I fear that most politicians don't really seem to care, just whatever gets votes...sad times, indeed!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

STUPID Program

why tie it to guns ?

just do it for the crime with or without guns !

This program can be found on the FDLE home page. While I don't condone any law banning guns from law abiding citizens, I do believe in harsh punishment for anyone using a firearm illegally. By illegally I mean in connection with a crime. The more that is done to show that it is criminals with guns that are the problem, and not law abiding citizens, the better.

I fully agree with ronwell.

Fl's "gun control" is this and the 10, 20, life program.

The value of the latter is to get convictions. Which means the cops and DA have to do their part to convince jurys to find THUGS guilty as charged. After that... it's automatic time served.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

I don't like the terms "reasonable" and "gun control" used in the same sentence. There is nothing reasonable about gun control. Gun control is people control, and I don't want any part of that.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

My question is, if a felon pulls a gun on you and you shoot him, do you still get the 5k to put towards your court costs?
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Sponsored Links