Gun Prohibition - Page 3

Gun Prohibition

This is a discussion on Gun Prohibition within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Musketeer They are actors, what they think doesn't really matter. Maybe not to you or to me, but unfortunately there are a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Prohibition

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    They are actors, what they think doesn't really matter.
    Maybe not to you or to me, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who look to our actors and actresses like royalty and pretend that everything they say comes directly from the mouth of god.

You and I know that it's bull but their opinions do matter to some and those opinions could gain more "enemies" for our side than we could gain "friends" in a lifetime.

They may be hypocrites, liars, stupid and ignorant, but that doesn't meant that people won't believe them and emulate their points of view. All the more reason we keep fighting their opinions and try to establish the truth over their fiction.

Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft'sDemise View Post
    What would each of you do if/when our government sees fit to remove our weapons from us, by force if legislation doesn't move us?
    Let's not go there!! Not here on Defensive Carry. Everyone is welcome to their opinion on the matter but it is not up for discussion here - it has been brought up before and went dangerously South fast.

Also - the thread has brushed around matters religious - another no-no for here.

These two aspects if further discussed will see the thread closed.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Let's not go there!! Not here on Defensive Carry. Everyone is welcome to their opinion on the matter but it is not up for discussion here - it has been brought up before and went dangerously South fast.

Also - the thread has brushed around matters religious - another no-no for here.

These two aspects if further discussed will see the thread closed.
    P95Carry I did not mean this to get into religeon. If you deem it necessary to remove this post please do so.

Assistant Administrator
    No sweat - things kinda meander away from a thread topic, quite easily

Just want to make sure we stay on topic and also avoid the things we try to stay clear of here. Wanted to try and leave thread open if possible - but the warning stands, for anyone and everyone.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

An actor is NOT a spokesperson. They are a paid talking head playing a role. That you give their personal opinions merit and think they mean something is a problem you and society at large share.

I would like to see what Bronson thought of Death Wish. While a good movie in many respects I doubt Bronson himself advocated going out into the street to purposefully look for trouble and then shoot the troublemakers. You seem to think he did...

Actors play many roles for money. When they make enough money they can be picky about the roles they take and sometimes make a point of picking roles that align with their personal views. Tom Hanks make a point of picking movies he likes but I seem to remember him dressing in drag weekly on a sitcom... Jodi Foster makes a point of picking roles she considers challenging as an actress. If she is opposed to 2A rights but but picks and excels in a roll that is of a person very much different than herself then it only means she is a very good actress.

Learn to separate activism from acting. Michael Moore is an ACTIVIST when he makes a movie. He is making a political statement. Jodie Foster and many others are ACTORS. They simply take roles that they believe are suited to their skills. It is a JOB.

The views of defense lawyers are pretty sad here... I am certain if your 2A or any other rights were trampled and you were brought up on charges you would want a defense lawyer who considered the violation of your rights something worth defending. I have problems with our legal system and think things could be improved but to cast the blame on the defense attorney when they are providing what is actually a vital function under the COTUS is a little overboard. Yes, some are only concerned about winning but they serve a valuable purpose.

The greatest weakness people in this world have is an inablilty to understand an alternate point of view. You do not need to AGREE it is right but you should have the gray matter potential to see where it is coming from. The vast majority of issues where people find themselves on opposing sides is not simply one of He BAD/ Me GOOD. It is easier though to say things like" Defense Lawyer Bad, Actor Evil, No Wath Movie, Ugg" than to understand the roles all people play in a society.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    An actor is NOT a spokesperson. They are a paid talking head playing a role. That you give their personal opinions merit and think they mean something is a problem you and society at large share.

I would like to see what Bronson thought of Death Wish. While a good movie in many respects I doubt Bronson himself advocated going out into the street to purposefully look for trouble and then shoot the troublemakers. You seem to think he did...

Actors play many roles for money. When they make enough money they can be picky about the roles they take and sometimes make a point of picking roles that align with their personal views. Tom Hanks make a point of picking movies he likes but I seem to remember him dressing in drag weekly on a sitcom... Jodi Foster makes a point of picking roles she considers challenging as an actress. If she is opposed to 2A rights but but picks and excels in a roll that is of a person very much different than herself then it only means she is a very good actress.

Learn to separate activism from acting. Michael Moore is an ACTIVIST when he makes a movie. He is making a political statement. Jodie Foster and many others are ACTORS. They simply take roles that they believe are suited to their skills. It is a JOB.

The views of defense lawyers are pretty sad here... I am certain if your 2A or any other rights were trampled and you were brought up on charges you would want a defense lawyer who considered the violation of your rights something worth defending. I have problems with our legal system and think things could be improved but to cast the blame on the defense attorney when they are providing what is actually a vital function under the COTUS is a little overboard. Yes, some are only concerned about winning but they serve a valuable purpose.

The greatest weakness people in this world have is an inablilty to understand an alternate point of view. You do not need to AGREE it is right but you should have the gray matter potential to see where it is coming from. The vast majority of issues where people find themselves on opposing sides is not simply one of He BAD/ Me GOOD. It is easier though to say things like" Defense Lawyer Bad, Actor Evil, No Wath Movie, Ugg" than to understand the roles all people play in a society.

Actors or actresses should not benefit from beliefs they do not adhere to. To do so is hypocritical and speaks of their character. This is all I meant to point out.

Just another dumb actress in Kalifornia spouting off her mouth.

Don't patronize her flick,... she doesn't like weapons, screw her and her royalties. The same should be done to every Hollyweird type that does this type of thing. Maybe they will get the message.

There's just a tickle in my mind, wondering if she really gave that quote just that way. Oh, she probably said it, but... some of the Hollywood magazines are not noted for their accuracy. I'd like a second opinion before I get too worked up about it. And even then, I don't think I'll get really worked up anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

If the day ever comes when she may need a gun to save her life I hope the final thought in her head is, "Boy I sure was way off on that gun thing."

She stated: "I know I'm crazy because I'm only supposed to say that in Europe. But violence corrupts absolutely," she added.

Violence corrupts absolutely? What an airhead. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, not violence. Did she make that absurd statement up while she was getting her hair done by her staff while her armed security staff monitored her security cameras, or did she just forget the correct quote?

Corrupt people might be violent or at least may employ violent people to work their evil deeds, but you often have to be corrupt before you can be violent, not the other way around. Being violent does not make you corrupt unless you change the definition of corruption the same way the gun grabbers changed the definition of "assault weapon". She probably also thinks that half a dozen is more than 6. Better not tell her that they're the same as it could cause her to go into an infinite loop of confusion & drop into a coma. Don't put her in a round room & tell her to sit in a corner either.

I need my guns as an important set of tools in my self defense bucket to protect myself from violent people, but my guns don't cause me to become corrupt or violent. Perhaps my absolute power (yeah right) may cause me to become corrupt some day, but so far I'm good.
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    "The Brave One" star Jodie Foster believes that guns should be completely banned. She may get her wish, depending on how the upcoming elections turn out.

http://www.medindia.net/news/Jodie-F...US-25886-1.htm
    Yah....three words: HOT and EMPTY
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    With her secret admirier (Hinckley) getting more and more frequent trips to his parents house she sure as heck keeps her armed security.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Most actors and actresses know almost as much about firearms as your average piano tuner knows about quantum physics. They get acting jobs because they are good at that one small skill. The ones who are good enough at acting to get their opinions reported by the media don't know all that much about the real world, because they rarely, if ever, are forced to visit it.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links