Gun Prohibition

This is a discussion on Gun Prohibition within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "The Brave One" star Jodie Foster believes that guns should be completely banned. She may get her wish, depending on how the upcoming elections turn ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Prohibition

Gun Prohibition

"The Brave One" star Jodie Foster believes that guns should be completely banned. She may get her wish, depending on how the upcoming elections turn out.

http://www.medindia.net/news/Jodie-F...US-25886-1.htm

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, another Hollywood nitwit. She had no problem accepting the movie role of a vigilante doing a shoot'em up film, BUT now everyone's guns are evil and should be banned. How about Hollywood first putting their guns away.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    standard hollywood line... The movie looks good, though.

OK, Jody, first things first. You have to install the "GUn Free Zone" signs around your property. Then you have to require that none of your personal protection staff carry any guns. Then you should start with trying to get the Police Dept in the town that you live in to do away with their guns.

If all that works out for you, then give me a call and we can talk about expanding the ban that worked so well for you.

Until then............SHUT UP AND MAKE MOVIES!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Assistant Administrator
    Hollywood hipocricy is alive and well

More gut emotions and no logic or common sense.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I Agree With Part of What She Says...

Actress Jodie Foster has launched an attack against America's abundance of firearms by insisting on a prohibition on the use of guns in the US.

The ‘Silence of the Lambs’ star insists that guns should not exist, even though they are a huge part of the American culture.

Jodie Foster quote...

"I don't believe that any gun should be in the hand of a thinking, feeling, and breathing human being,” Contactmusic quoted Foster, as saying.

“Americans are by nature filled with rage-slash-fear. And guns are a huge part of our culture.

"I know I'm crazy because I'm only supposed to say that in Europe. But violence corrupts absolutely," she added.

Foster is playing the role of an urban vigilante in the new flick ‘The Brave One’.

Yes, I agree...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I bet she keeps the money from the movie role.And her armed security.

The limited bits of that movie I have seen in previews appear to all be good reasons to carry. They also seem realistic in that people face similar situations every day (even though they may not take on a role of seeking them out like she supposedly does in the movie) I wonder if she looks at the role as strictly fiction and has convinced herself that this stuff does not ACTUALLY happen. It happens only on the movie screen and therefore there should be no need to defend yourself. If that is the case, then she needs a serious reality check.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

I try and boycott movies made by anti gun people, therefore I hardly ever go to movies and save a lot of money, My time is better spent at the Range shooting targets. The money I save from movies pays for my ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    she is a hipocrite who should keep quite.All she wants is more face time in the media!

Lead Moderator
    Seems she has no problem using guns in movies to make lots of money. Too bad she is ignorant to how real life works.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't take engineering advice from a medical doctor nor firearms advice from an actor. I use both for the services I choose, medical care and entertainment, and ignore the rest.

My wife and I saw the preview for "The Brave One" while at the theater watching "The Invasion" (another good case for staying armed!), and we thought it looked great, so this is highly disappointing news.

Her movie looks like a modern-day version of the classic "Death Wish" with Charles Bronson, except with a female lead, which is even better since they're more often victimized than men.

How someone could play the lead role in this movie, which seems to advocate vigilantism (really more like proper self-defense when going to "dangerous" areas) as Death Wish so obviously did, and then say guns should all be banned, simply baffles me. I don't know for sure, but somehow I don't think the late Mr. Bronson was against guns.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I try and boycott movies made by anti gun people, therefore I hardly ever go to movies and save a lot of money, My time is better spent at the Range shooting targets. The money I save from movies pays for my ammo.

This woman wouldn't be making any movies if it weren't for crime and violence...and she KNOWS it. Her saying she "hates it" is a lie. She would be working as a truck stop waitress without it. Two faced actors aren't worth my spending hard earned money on. Wonder how many armed security guards she employs?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links