Would you ever surrender your gun(s)

This is a discussion on Would you ever surrender your gun(s) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm VERY PARANOID. We've all been blessed with six years of a gun-tolerant White House, with two more to go. Sooner or later, the democraps ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever surrender your gun(s)

I'm VERY PARANOID. We've all been blessed with six years of a gun-tolerant White House, with two more to go. Sooner or later, the democraps with their gun control mafia will get back in power, and we'll again be faced with an uncertain future. There is no question what their long-range goals are, and they'll use every tool in their bag to tax, register, outlaw, etc. to get the nasty guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizen. The BG's aren't their concern. Now, here is where I get wormy. One day in the not too distant future, the BATF Gestapo may come knocking on your door. What do you do ? What's to say that the BATF doesn't monitor the content of this, and all gun-related forums ? Your identies aren't hard to hide. You've already told them all the guns you have, or will have. Do you roll over and play dead ? Give up some just for show, and hide the others ? Don't think for a minute that it can't happen. It's been slowly headed in that direction for several years. Heck, even twenty years ago, I didn't know/care what the second amendment was - didn't need to. Our freedoms were still in place. So, if any of you BATF (Jack-Booted Thugs) guys are monitoring, I don't have any guns left. Sold them all to individuals at the last gun show. I really don't need them any more. If I need help, our "homeland security department" will protect me. (Keeping my CCW only for macho reasons.)

This will be let run for now till bumper sees it and decides about it ... If it gets out of hand be sure it will be gone.

If this ever did happen, do you think the government is really just going to leave you alone after they get all of them?

There's no way. These people won't be happy until they put you in prison or execute you. Remember Rosie O Donnell's comment about if you have a gun you belong in prison?

That's why I fight to change the system. That's why I rally against these people. That's why I support CCW laws. I don't want to go to jail or be hunted down for doing nothing wrong.

http://www.paladin-press.com/detail.aspx?ID=395

And that's all I've got to say about that.

I have a few guns on paper. I plan to aquire the rest off paper, in private transactions. So long as that's still legal, we have no problem. I will not surrender my guns voluntarily. If, after confiscation legislation becomes a reality, my house is entered under other pretenses, rest assured, my guns will not be easily found.
    Personally, I believe the Democrats have begun to learn from thier mistakes, and will avoid the issue until in power.
    I really don't believe it will come to confiscation, except in a state by state scenario, such as CA. CA is in the process of enacting a de facto ban of handguns right now. Florida and Texas are headed in the other direction, with new self defense laws and extended CCWs. Oregon has a rabid pro-gun group, and we're pushing. A comitte chairman recently tried to pull a fast one, slipping a bill out of comittee after promising to hold it. He got spanked by constituent outcry. We buried him in phone calls and paper, and he pulled the bill from the floor. I feel we have experienced the far end of the pendulum, and are headed back the other way, in regards to RKBA. The data is on our side, at this point, and gunnies have had it with being marginalized and trivialized as a political power. We now have many strong pro gun groups. I believe what we will see is ever expanding concealed carry legislation, and loosening of restrictions, with more states enacting Vermont carry as time goes by. If push came to shove, I just don't believe certain areas would allow a ban. Can you really see places like Montana knuckling under? I think if that were tried, it would quickly become a bloodbath. Look at what our government is going through right now, halfway around the world, trying to fight a war. I don't think public sentiment would allow a ban on guns. When folks see their nieghbors being rounded up and prosecuted en masse, things would go sour. The government cannot afford anymore Wacos, and no more Ruby Ridges. Video is everywhere.
    Of course, if Hillary is elected, all bets are off. But, to borrow a phrase from a THR member, "America will never elect that Hilary Creature".
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Guns? What guns? Sold all of them years ago. Don't know what you are talking about?
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Read 'Unintended Consequences' by John Ross
    http://www.accuratepress.net/uc.html
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    A few years back, owners of street sweepers had to register their shotguns (I don't know the details of it, I think they were re-classified as destructive devices or whatever). I know a lady who owns one, and she registered hers. Her husband owns a sporting goods store, and so she knew of another man who also owned one, because he purchased it from her husband. He chose not to register it. However, as we all know, when you purchase a handgun from a store, it's registered anyway, and the ATF knew all about it. The ATF came to his house and took his shotgun away.

I love private sales.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I own enough guns, and enough have passed through my hands, that in the event of confiscation they won't believe me even if I complied.

Thankfully, I have no children, and my old lady understands what happens in that instance.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

I have bought alot via gun shops and private sales. I look at it this way. If the day comes when they want us to surrender our guns is the day America doesn't exist anymore,in my eyes. I rather go fighting. Thats just my $.02

I don't get alarmed about it, but I also don't turn my head the other way when I hear of another effort by the anti-gun groups plotting another campaign. On the flip side there is still the NRA and a lot of us CCW'ers that can carry a voice too. This isn't anything new....heck, Wyatt Earp enacted gun control and lord knows who before him. It'll always be an issue and there will always be those opposed to us exercising our 2A right. I don't think it constructive to begin a thread that is likely going to lead down the path of discussing armed resistance against the Government.....bad juju. Best to keep in tune, as all of you seem to do, and keep spreading the word, and doing your best to educate the "ill-informed".
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Lead Moderator
    If the Govt. really wants our guns , we will have no choice. Also i believe if ir does ahppen, it will be little by little. First semi autos, registers FA weapons, ect. divide and conquer. No matter what anyone says, you will not be able to defend against the latest and greatest in LE/ military weapons , tactics and equipment.

Assistant Administrator
    Leaving aside the ''frog in pot of water'' analogy as accurate or not, re it's veracity - suffice it to say we all I think know the meaning of it. And that my friends is how things will go - stealth - tightening up of ''the system'' ... drip, drip, drip - chip,chip, chip.

Unlikely ever to be a ''hand em in - now'' scenario - all sudden and abrupt - that WOULD guarantee considerable bloodshed. The whole deal is about control anyways - and remember Ayn Rand in Atlas Shrugged ... saying in effect - if compliance generally is sought then - more and more laws are made such that almost all folks will break the law frequently - and thus be open to arrest.

Remember too - the wonders of registration and being a subject - been there and done that - in UK.

I could ramble and wax long and boring on this - but I'll spare y'all this once!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

sm
    ...All enemies foreign and domestic...

I do Freedoms - I don't do Tyranny.

What Guns?

Ain't buying old Coleman lanterns thru private sales great?
    Use Enough Gun

DC Founder
    I hear the best forum for these types of discussions is Free Republic....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

From http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/getactive.html

Some people look at the gains made by the prohibitionists and wish to stop it through open combat. Those are folks who have not been to war. Civil wars are far more difficult, expensive and nasty than any political effort.

Remember, guns are defensive tools. Their purpose is to keep lawful humans alive and unhurt. For the offensive to re-take our rights, we need stronger weapons: our minds.

If you wish to safeguard your rights, start by doing what you can now. Those who would not make the effort from the safety and comfort of their homes cannot be relied on to take up arms, either. Convince your elected representatives. Convince your neighbors. Support friendly organizations. Teach safety, techniques of firearm use. There's so much you can do that doesn't require killing or getting killed.

We cannot keep our civil rights without defeating the opposition's propaganda, so do not be shy about educating others. Help produce ads and educational materials that support your views and inform the fence-sitters. Please vote for candidates who have consistently supported the Second Amendment in the past. Select a definite goal, such as the repeal of the ban on effective firearms for self-defense in your home state.

In talking to people, please keep other issues out of the discussion. We are in a fight for our way of life: please do not drive away your squad-mates, even if you do not like them personally. That they are on your side is all the recommendation that they need. These people are already our allies: do not drive them away!

If you wish to help but not sure where to start, talk to your allies. Together we can form a plan of action.
    From http://www.a-human-right.com/RKBA/effective.html

The reason for such a blunt statement is that being a gun owner is made up of two components: posession of a weapon and posession of skills and training. One can surrender a gun but not the training.

That skill is the gun-banner's problem. It means that a person trained to use weapons will be able to make use of guns acquired in the future. He would also have a strong motivation to avenge the loss of his means of self-protection. Guns can be made, stolen, bought or taken off enemy casualties. Furthermore, tools other than guns can be used for offensive actions. A gun-banner would have to watch his back for the rest of his life.

The only solution to it would be gulags, prison camps or execution for the former gun owners. Soviets, for example, use a combination of the two approaches. Knowing that, gun owners cannot surrender their arms and expect to be left in peace. And the gun control fans cannot just remove the guns and expect to survive long after that.

Fortunately, we have a realistic perception of how terribly destructive a civil war would be. All other means of combating gun control - education, lobbying, moving to less restrictive jurisdictions will be tried first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links