California's done it again...

This is a discussion on California's done it again... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 If they can't trace 12 million illegals...how are they going to trace 300 million guns... I say nuke the San Andreas ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California's done it again...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If they can't trace 12 million illegals...how are they going to trace 300 million guns...

I say nuke the San Andreas Fault...let CA fall into the ocean...I want to buy Nevada ocean front property.
    +1! Then again...I'm like that with a lot of states...I'd like to see VA split again. This state is so dad-gum divided already anyway. We may as well split off the northern part and the eastern shore areas so we just have North, South, East, and West Virginias. We could rent out Northern and Eastern to the District of Crime or unMerryLand or Old Yorke. Half of em are already in cahoots anyway. We can send that pinhead of a Gov of ours down in richmond up there and let him run NoVa and EaVa the way he wants.
    edit: ok so I got off topic again...oops
    Last edited by packinnova; September 9th, 2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: ugh
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If they can't trace 12 million illegals...how are they going to trace 300 million guns...

I say nuke the San Andreas Fault...let CA fall into the ocean...I want to buy Nevada ocean front property.
    Personally I think they should split the state in two, north/south, and then we should give the southern half back to Mexico. The northern half unfortunately contains Silicon Valley, where a large part of our economy resides. Give that away and America will have no technical talent left (of course, our kids don't seem to be too interested in science/math/engineering anyway, so maybe we just don't deserve a technologically-based economy).

I'll miss San Diego; there's some really nice places there, like Coronado Island, Balboa Park, and the beaches. But LA is a steaming cesspool, and I'd rather Mexico deal with that city and its denizens.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    +1! Then again...I'm like that with a lot of states...I'd like to see VA split again. This state is so dad-gum divided already anyway. We may as well split off the northern part and the eastern shore areas so we just have North, South, East, and West Virginias.
    Yep, Virginia is another highly schizophrenic state. I think many of the state borders should be redrawn:
    1) California: split it north/south, give the southern half to Mexico
    2) New York: make NYC a city-state, so the rest of the state can live in peace
    3) Illinois: make Chicago a city-state, so the rest of the state can live in peace
    4) Florida: split it north/south, and give the southern half to Cuba or Mexico
    5) Mass./NH/VT: make Boston a city-state, join rest of states into one
    6) Conn./RI: join into one state. RI isn't populous enough or large enough geographically to be a separate state.
    7) MD/DC/VA/DE: Create a new state called "Delmarva" comprised of DC, northern VA ("NoVA"), Delaware, and most of Maryland.
    8) Texas: split it east/west

thank God I left there in nov.'05... but I do miss it.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    4) Florida: split it north/south, and give the southern half to Cuba or Mexico
    Ah... no.

Florida's a hybrid culture state at its very core. Strong southern influence, strong Caribbean/Hispanic influence, great food (what else would you expect from Southern Gentlemen moving into Spanish land?). Nah, I like my state just fine, thanks.

ETA: Since I can't find (for several reasons) my material about California's significance to major firearm manufacturers, I'll simply rescind that earlier comment. I do think most of the market influence is that if a manufacturer can make it legal in California, then it's legal everywhere, but that's simply speculation at this point. Head's not in the game and school is distracting me.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Ah... no.

Florida's a hybrid culture state at its very core. Strong southern influence, strong Caribbean/Hispanic influence, great food (what else would you expect from Southern Gentlemen moving into Spanish land?). Nah, I like my state just fine, thanks.
    Last I heard, it wasn't possible to live in Miami if you don't speak Spanish. So I propose giving Miami to Cuba in exchange for a nice trade deal on their world-famous cigars.

It's plenty possible, if you're armed or well-financed. Once the realize you can take care of yourself (meaning either wealthy enough to afford a good lawyer or packing heat) you're fine. The unsavory areas are just like they are in other parts of the country, just in Spanish.

But, Miami politics don't dominate the whole state either, so it's not as big an issue as it is in places like Chicago, New York, L.A., S.F., etc., so Miami's not so big a deal. Never lived there, but traveled to and through it often enough.

-B

VIP Member
    Not Miami, just dispose of Broward County. Contrary to Conventional Political Wisdom and the Miami Herald, Miami-Dade County is turning conservative. And yes, there are parts of Miami Dade where Spanish is spoken but the county is pretty bilingual and it is difficult to find the standard idiot who refuses to speak English. Even BGs don't try to pull that one because it will get their butts whipped in 2 or languages.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Micro-Stamping is just another worthless law designed to increase the price of the firearms and harass gun owners, manufactures, and dealers.

Just like the "ballistic fingerprinting" here in Maryland... all those spent shell casings that must be provided by the manufacturer to the State Police are just sitting in boxes, unopened and never inventoried because according to the MSP, it's totally worthless and they will not spend money on it. Still, the Dem's control this state, so the shell casings are still required.

No need to even worry about filling off the micro-stamp, it only works on soft brass anyway. And there is no way it will hold up past a few rounds... still it will add to the cost of firearms, and it will create a paperwork nightmare. Think about how much it will cost to send in you pistol after a squid load... $100 for the barrel, $200 for the worthless engraving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links