Defensive Carry banner

News from NRA on U.N. gun ban

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Pro2A 
#1 ·
Senate Votes To Address U.N. Gun Ban Crusade

Friday, September 07, 2007

With the United Nations continuing its efforts to enact draconian, transnational gun control laws in countries around the world, yesterday the U.S. Senate passed the Foreign Operations appropriations bill, which included an amendment by Senator David Vitter (R-LA) that seeks to address the U.N.’s ongoing international gun ban efforts.

By an overwhelming 81-10 vote, the Senate passed Sen. Vitter’s amendment to prevent any funding to foreign organizations that infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of lawful American citizens. Any organization that adopts a policy anathema to the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment would no longer be eligible for U.S. financial assistance—including the U.N.

The gun ban issue in the U.N. has been percolating for more than a decade, and while NRA has been successful to date in precluding the U.N. from enacting its anti-freedom agenda, the bureaucrats at Turtle Bay remain committed in their zeal to push for additional restrictions on the rights of free gun owners in the United States and around the globe.

Global registration and tracking of firearms would inevitably lead to the global disarmament of free citizens everywhere; something that we cannot and will not let happen. NRA will remain vigilant in monitoring the U.N.’s anti-gun actions and speaking out in the international community in support of Americans’ Second Amendment rights.

:congrats::congrats:

See less See more
#3 ·
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

#7 ·
I second that. Send the U.N. to Belgium and turn that building in NYC into apartments or a shopping mall. U.N. has become a international social club that America is not a member of. I, for one, am sick of giving them our money and resources, so they can continue to work against us.

#11 ·
The realistic view: doesn't change much.

Doesn't mean the U.N. can't pass such crap. Just means that the U.S. government will be forced to officially (outwardly) suspend financial support of the U.N. or find alternative, under-the-table means of funding it. Either way, members of the U.N. would continue to have their normal commitments to adhering to resolutions, etc.

Though, that said, it is heartening to see there's at least a heartbeat of resistance across the senate.

#14 ·
Excellent news. The NRA website has some great footage on the anti-gun speeches of UN representatives. It infuriates me at the UN every time I watch it. DOWN with the UN! Disband that terrible organization that has not done one useful thing in its entire history of existence! We should not be wasting our resources funding such a terrible organization.

#15 ·
I definately agree with Old Chief! We pay approx 2/3's of the sanctions to the UN, leaving the rest of the world to pay the rest. It's high time that we worry about our own.

#16 ·
I read this alert yesterday morning and the first thing I though was, "I can't believe our Senate actually had their heads out of their butts for a while and voted responsibly."

#17 ·
I'd be interested to see who voted against that. I'm sure I can guess pretty close within one or two.

Kennedy, Hilary, Reed, Schumer, Boxer, Feinstein, Mikulski, Obama, Biden and Leahy

Same ol' gun grabbers as usual :stups: It's nice to know there are more pro-gunners in the Senate then not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.