Single Issue Voter

This is a discussion on Single Issue Voter within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sniper58, Based solely on what was written, if the author didn't intend for any person to be able to acquire "anything" how do we reconcile ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single Issue Voter

Sniper58,
    Based solely on what was written, if the author didn't intend for any person to be able to acquire "anything" how do we reconcile that with his statement that we should be able to make the purchase without showing any ID or signing any papers? Without those steps how would he differentiate between those of us he deems "OK" to have weapons, and those he doesn't?

Sorry for the kind of dupe, Puppy beat me to the mouse!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Point well taken!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Packinnova,
    Regarding our earlier exchanges, I don't know if you are aware, but in many parts of the country violent felons are released from prisons after serving less than one third of their sentences due to over crowding. So, no they have not necessarily paid their debt to society. So, how does the hardware store differentiate these felons from those who have served their full time?
    As far as Harris and Klebold, when would this "natural selection" take place? Unless the laws in Colorado changed without me knowing it the only person legally armed in the school would be either the single security guard there or maybe a "resource" police officer assigned to the school. Seeing as how he is easily identifiable and armed with only a pistol, and our shooters would have the advantages of surprise and superior firepower I expect the only difference would be a higher body count at the end of the day. There is no way to completely prevent incidents like that from happening, as has been proven time and again, but why should we look to facilitate such things? If you recall, they tried to purchase weapons at a gunshow and were turned away. The weapons they used, they purchased (illegally of course) from friends and coworkers.
    But if the writer of this article has his way, our next high school shooter will be legally armed with state of the art fire power, only limited by how much money he has to spend.
    Personally, as the parent of two school age children that idea does not appeal to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links