Knowledge will forever govern ignorance

This is a discussion on Knowledge will forever govern ignorance within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some more useful insight for those of you out there fighting for our rights on daily basis. "A popular Government, without popular information, or the ...

Thread: Knowledge will forever govern ignorance

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance

Some more useful insight for those of you out there fighting for our rights on daily basis.

"A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

--James Madison

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
    -- Patrick Henry (speech in the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

2. Remove Ads

Thank You BigEFan. Very appropriate quotes.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Sadly, if the tread title were true, the likes of laws banning tools due to the actions of a miniscle few wouldn't exist, Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson and similar ilk would get no airtime, Dianne FeinSlime/Chuck Schmuck/Teddy Kennedy the murderer and similar low life would not get elected, and I could go on and on. In a little over 200 years we have gone from, "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country," and "Four score and seven years ago..." to "Yo homie, dat bling-bling you be flossin' iz da shizznit, dawg!"

Thanks to the IT/Internet age, we have unlimited access to knowledge, literally at our fingertips, and yet stupidity and ignorance still rules the day. "Among the weapons that were found were shotguns, military-style rifles, Uzis, AK-47s, 50 mm handguns,...

Albert Einstein said it best, "Only two things are infinite; the universe, and human stupidity..and I am not so sure about the former..."
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Links