America's Gun Culture Must Change

This is a discussion on America's Gun Culture Must Change within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A very warped perspective on why Americans own guns. This king of thinking is just plain ludicrous. http://media.www.dailycampus.com/med...-2969235.shtml...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Gun Culture Must Change

America's Gun Culture Must Change

A very warped perspective on why Americans own guns. This king of thinking is just plain ludicrous.

http://media.www.dailycampus.com/med...-2969235.shtml

2. Remove Ads

1) The thing about 22 year olds, they think they know everything. Zero world experience, as well as chock-full of idealistic rhetoric poured into them by professors who don't spend much time outside.

2) I wouldn't mind a world without guns... but then, I'd own the biggest, baddest sword around. Take the swords, I'm going for the biggest stick i can find.

maybee Chris Donnelly should learn to realize that everytime he takes a bite of a big mac somebody did some killing. before the invention of guns there was still killing going on. Always has, always will, get used to it wussy.
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

"...The simple fact is that guns serve no tangible purpose anymore. The main reason why we created the whole Second Amendment was something along the lines of protecting ourselves back in the 1700s from the people we stole our land from; aka Native Americans, who, in my book, we should still be paying reparations to as an apology for the numerous instances of rape, theft and murder that occurred at the hands of 'true' Americans. Oh, and we can never forget the necessity of a firearm to protect your log cabin from being invaded by bears..."

Would someone hand this young man a towel to wipe the 'breast milk' from his chin?"

Yeah right pal, call me back when you have a dozen years experience in the REAL world. One armed robbery and this young man will be back asking how he can get his CCW permit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'm sick to death of hearing about 'the gun culture'............That is just the anti-gunner's way of further demonizing firearms!

The problem isn't with the normal everyday gun owners....IT'S WITH THE BGs WHO MISUSE THEM!

Instead of going after the culprits of 'gun crime', they want to abolish them for everybody else.

Firearm have been PLENTIFUL in this country since it's inception! Think about it...... We fought the French & Indian wars with mostly privately owned weapons. We then fought the Revolution with about half of the weapons having been privately own by members of militias.

Most everybody here has grand parents or great grand parents who carried firearms regularly. Now most of us here also have more than one firearm NOW......& guess what, we haven't committed any crimes with them!

The anti-'gun culture' bunch doesn't have a clue. These are the same people who when something happens like.......Let's say where you work has a 'casual Friday' where you are allowed to wear more casual attire like blue jeans. However ONE MORON, comes in one Friday wearing shorts & flip flops........How does the 'anti' bunch react? They react by banning 'casual Friday'....When what they should have done was dealt with the offender.

This same mentality is prevalent in today's society & is everywhere. Another example is the 'zero tolerance' policies in today's schools. Instead of disciplining individuals for infractions, they widen the rules & literally ban everything.

As for this nimrod's article, look at some of the posted comments...he got slapped down pretty good & deservedly so...

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
    This boils down to society's lack of taking personal responsibility. We no longer force people to take the blame for their actions, we allow the blame to be placed on others, or as the case in guns, on an inanimate object.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Sheep bleat...

that is what they do...

bleeeeeett.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

BAC
    But I like my gun culture...

-B

This guy is getting raked over the coals in the comments section--which is a good thing...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have to give credit where credit is due! He did get one thing right.

I did laugh when I read it!

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I'm not sure which is dumber... Insisting that crime is the result of the "gun culture", consisting of millions of people who don't break the law, or believing that this supposed culture (and mindset) can be instantly changed by banning an inanimate object.

I'm having fun reading the comments.

While reading this juvenile article, I was asking myself what paper has standards so low that this guy not only gets this article published, but is on staff? Then I see this is the UConn student paper, where I'm a graduate student. I feel I should apologize on behalf of my university.

Looks like he learned a lot about reality while in college.

He should go and work at a PD now.

Or better yet he should go to Philly and take part in the 10,000 person "take the city back with our sensitivity" group.

I also like the comment on decreasing our military arsenal. That would keep us from being able to attack other countries... and BEING ABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES!

Good to see he learned rational thinking and reasoning in college though!

The day the rule of law dictates all action, then we'll have no need for defensive weaponry. Until then, the need is clear. No matter what one believes about the inherent nature of weaponry, they're the necessary tools to combat evil when evil runs rampant. No argument can sidestep that, and no mere words can mitigate the risks of going through the world blind to such evil. It is what it is. Fatalistic? Nope. Realistic. Until such time as that all changes, defensive tactics and weaponry will have a place.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It makes me sad that I'm in the same age group with this guy. Fortunately for me thats all we have in common. I've been worried for the last couple of years as I have progressively watched people my age make increasingly idiotic decisions trumped only by the senseless reasoning behind it. Some (not all) people my age have seemingly forgotten words like responsibility, accountability, etc. I suppose you're only as smart as you choose to be...

EW3

typical liberal in his own little world

Did you happen to see his major? It's a little scary to think he may be working in the government one day with those twisted views.

I, as a Veteran, took offense to the part he said about "America's favorite pastime, starting wars" Just look at my signature for a response to that gem.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links