ATF at it again - still harassing Red's Trading Post

This is a discussion on ATF at it again - still harassing Red's Trading Post within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi all, as some of you may already have heard the ATF is STILL harassing Red's Trading Post about 0.4% of over 10,000 forms they ...

Thread: ATF at it again - still harassing Red's Trading Post

ATF at it again - still harassing Red's Trading Post

Hi all, as some of you may already have heard the ATF is STILL harassing Red's Trading Post about 0.4% of over 10,000 forms they had customers fill out with silly "out of policy" issues such as placing a "y" in a field instead of a full "yes" - that is LESS than 1/2 of ONE percent! If only the ATF could have an error rate so low. We all need to send an email to our Senators & to the organization that oversees the ATF - the DOJ. See my below blog entry for an example of an email I sent as well as a link to Red's Trading Post blog discussing the latest ATF abuses:

Yet Another Audit

The email address for the Office of the Inspector General for the DOJ which is listed for reporting "Waste, Fraud, Abuse, or Misconduct" of the government entities that it oversees is: oig.hotline@usdoj.gov

DOJ Website is:
    http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/FOIA/hotline.htm
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

2. Remove Ads

That isn't just for the one shop. They will get anyone that has forms filled out with ANY abbreviations on them. Oh, and don't forget to always use blue ink.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    That isn't just for the one shop. They will get anyone that has forms filled out with ANY abbreviations on them. Oh, and don't forget to always use blue ink.
    Blue ink? I've filled out a bunch over the years & always with my own pen & it has always had black ink in it. I hope I haven't gotten any dealers in trouble!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

We were told that they "prefer" blue ink for some reason so that is what we now use exclusively. No black ink pens in the building.

Oh, and if you make a mistake, don't just cross it out and put in what you meant without initializing that correction!

Check out this Washington Post article about the former head of the ATF. I also once heard that the current head of the ATF was on record as being anti-gun before he was assigned to his current position, but I was unable to find any documentation of that just now. If true that may be why the ATF is trying so hard to put all the gun dealers out of business.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...101101050.html
    Last edited by swift; September 21st, 2007 at 08:25 PM.
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

Links