Candidates meet the NRA (Merged) - Page 4

Candidates meet the NRA (Merged)

This is a discussion on Candidates meet the NRA (Merged) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All of my posts are of course "In my humble opinion". This must be why politics is not encouraged here and I AGREE. I am ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    All of my posts are of course "In my humble opinion". This must be why politics is not encouraged here and I AGREE. I am more interested in the HONEST record of a politican where it applies to my 2nd Admendment rights. This is the last I plan to respond to it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Spirit51 - The edit button is your friend for adding text, sir. You can also multi-quote if you wish to respond to several posts. It doesn't really bother me, but just sayin'.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    I question that list. There are items on it that are not specifically gun-related, and are only included because GOA didn't happen to like them. That makes me question the integrity of their ratings.

Not that I agree with every vote Thompson has ever made, but he has made his opinion of the 2A and gun-owners very clear - he's fer 'em.
    Some of them maybe, but I just read through the whole list, plus all its footnotes. Voting for the "anti-terror" bill which federalizes many state crimes and increases the power of the (already too powerful, and overtly anti-gun) BATFE, and voting for the Lautenberg domestic gun ban law are deal-breakers for me.

Ron Paul is definitely a strong 2A supporter as well, but I have problems with some of his other stances, and I really don't think he is electable, even if he gets the R nomination.
    I don't give a rat's *** if someone is "electable". I'm voting for the best person, not the lesser of two evils. If everyone else is stupid enough to vote for evil, then they deserve what they get: evil. Ron Paul is the only one in the entire bunch that actually cares about restoring our country to Constitutionalism. I don't want to hear anyone crying after '08 if they voted for someone else and they lose their gun rights, illegal aliens are all given amnesty, Spanish is required to be taught to their kids in elementary school, the USA disappears and is replaced by a North American Union, UN blue-helmets appear on US soil, etc. You make your bed, you lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Spirit51 - The edit button is your friend for adding text, sir. You can also multi-quote if you wish to respond to several posts. It doesn't really bother me, but just sayin'.
    Sorry, I will remember that in the future. BTW....it's not "sir". (note the little pink female waving)
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    Some of them maybe, but I just read through the whole list, plus all its footnotes. Voting for the "anti-terror" bill which federalizes many state crimes and increases the power of the (already too powerful, and overtly anti-gun) BATFE, and voting for the Lautenberg domestic gun ban law are deal-breakers for me.
    Then by all means, don't vote for him based on those issues. But GOA lumping in wire-tapping bills and CFR as "anti-gun" is intellectually dishonest.

I don't give a rat's *** if someone is "electable". I'm voting for the best person, not the lesser of two evils.
    This is a personal philosophy issue, but I'll have to disagree. The system is currently broken, in that, voting for someone outside of the two major parties pretty much guarantees defeat, and furthermore helps cement the victory of the candidate you like least. It's a sad situation, but that's the way it is.

Incrementalism is what got us here, and unfortunately, incrementalism seems to be the only real way out. Even if a strict constitutionalist like Paul was elected president, it would only result in 4yrs of stone-walling, after which, we'd go downhill faster than we are now.

The bottom line is that in order to actually implement any positive changes, you must hold the presidency, the congress, or preferably both. It's great to be able to say you voted for the absolute best candidate, but that won't mean much when the candidate who actually won is sending out the gestapo.

I've probably said too much already, but if you'd like, we can continue the fisticuffs via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    BTW....it's not "sir". (note the little pink female waving)
    My apologies.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

BAC
    I don't give a rat's *** if someone is "electable". I'm voting for the best person, not the lesser of two evils. If everyone else is stupid enough to vote for evil, then they deserve what they get: evil.
    Thank you, sir. Thank you.

Maybe we won't be so quiet a minority after all, this election.

-B

JT
    I don't give a rat's *** if someone is "electable". I'm voting for the best person, not the lesser of two evils. If everyone else is stupid enough to vote for evil, then they deserve what they get: evil. Ron Paul is the only one in the entire bunch that actually cares about restoring our country to Constitutionalism. I don't want to hear anyone crying after '08 if they voted for someone else and they lose their gun rights, illegal aliens are all given amnesty, Spanish is required to be taught to their kids in elementary school, the USA disappears and is replaced by a North American Union, UN blue-helmets appear on US soil, etc. You make your bed, you lie in it.
    How about keeping this a civil discourse. It seems that you are effectively calling us stupid for supporting Fred Thompson. At least that’s how I believe a reasonable person would take your post.

I don’t agree with your take on Thompson’s 2nd amendment stance, nor do I agree with your opinion on Ron Paul, but I am not going to call you names because of our disagreement.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It's all well and good to support a Ron Paul except he has no chance to win.

This is what frequently happens with the conservative side. If they're not satisfied enough they'll splinter. Most say thay do because they want to make the honorable choice.

Well from the responses on this forum it looks like Hillary will be the next President. The liberals and Pinko's don't give a darn about honor.

They are looking for power and if they get it as I suspect they will, you honorable fools can pat yourselves on the back as Hillary and the Dems in Congress start passing Anti-gun legislation.

Keep that in mind. We may never get to where we are today again.

Imagine, you honorable fellows what the Supreme Court will be like if Madam Hillary gets to appoint 3 Supreme Court Justices.

Imagine what taking the so-called high ground and voting for the best 2nd amendment candidate will be like. Ron Paul will never get the nomination for Republican President. Freedom loving people need the best candidate who can go against Hillary and win. If that be Giuliani or McCain so be it. Personally I'd rather have Thompson.

Have you all forgotten what a dem like Bill Clinton was like. If he'd had the Congress we'd have NJ style gun control through out the whole country.

We need to win the Presidential Election and defeat Hillary and her cronies in Congress. That is what is important. The republican candidate needs to know he better straighten out his views on gun control if he expects a 2nd term.

Some here would cut their heads off to spite their hands.

Get realistic.

harvey709,

I couldn't agree more. I was one of those who voted Perot because I liked his ideas better and to send a message to both parties that I didn't like their choices. I had NO idea that Clinton could actually win.
    Surprise on me. 8 years of fighting gun control, besides the other problems he brought. I won't make that mistake again.

Hillary is the evil behind that team and no matter how much "lipstick" that slap on that "pig" they can't hide who and what she actually is.
    There is not one Republican canidate that I wouldn't vote for to keep her butt out of the Oval Office. I agree that Thompson is my favorite, but I will vote for any others if it means Hillary is kept out. For that matter to keep any of the Democratic gun grabbers out.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    This one has run its course. No longer a 2A issue discussion and the acrimony is starting to appear.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links